PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Wise question

drop shot
05-28-2004, 09:06 PM
I currently us a Gamma 4000. Will stringing with the Wise tension Head allow me to string faster or about the same? Speed isn't really that much of a concern, I am just trying to come up with enough good reasons to buy one ;) So far the best reasons are the fact that you dont have to alter your machine any and should the power go out you can always switch back to the crank tensioner. Reason #2 The ease of use. I got the dvd from wise and it just looks so easy to use. Especially w/ the foot pedal.

Gaines Hillix
05-29-2004, 05:37 AM
Drop shot, in my experience the Wise unit is easier to use and faster than the crank head, especially with the foot pedal. I also feel I can produce a more consistent string job with it(the pull speed is constant as is the pull tension). I also like the variable pull speeds, the memory feature and the prestretch feature, but those are niceties, not necessities.

Steve Huff
05-31-2004, 02:36 PM
I, too, feel it is faster. I use the foot pedal. Another good reason is that you can produce a tighter string job while minimizing the stress you apply to a frame. A constant pull machine produces about a 10% tighter stringbed than does a crank. If you string rackets near their max tension, you can drop the tension by about 10% with the Wise head and have the same overall stringbed stiffness. It produces less stress because the increased stiffness comes from the constant pull, not from pulling tighter.