PDA

View Full Version : Mantilla's Volkl?

womackD
05-28-2004, 09:39 PM
Anyone know what Volkl racket that Felix Mantilla was using in the match vs. Safin?

thomas martinez
05-29-2004, 04:19 AM
It's the new V-Engine 8. Strung with BB 16 at most likely 25/23 or 24/22

katarddx
05-29-2004, 03:59 PM
According to Volkls web site it is Volkl Toour 8 Special Edition and I agree. Take a look for yourself

thomas martinez
05-29-2004, 07:43 PM
You know what, it is responses like that, why I give up and not really post here. He was using a shortened Tour 8 and a Catapult V1 MP on and off last year until about Feb or so when he switched to his new V-Engine 8.

womackD
05-29-2004, 08:46 PM
Thanks, Thomas Martinez..

I actually got to see the racket in question today and the local dealer. It is indeed a Tour 8 V-engine. Nice looking frame, I guess red is the color of choice this year.

katarddx
05-30-2004, 03:43 PM
I still think that he is using Tour 8! Special edition is red, too. Also, why would they claim tha on the Volkl site?

aceindahole2K5
05-30-2004, 04:19 PM
katarddx-

Tom Martienez is one of the most respected posters on here, with a wealth of first hand knowledge through actual interaction with most all of the pros he comments on. For him to share this with us is a treat, keep it coming Tom! If the man says V-Engine 8, thats what he is playing.......

BTW, Volkl probably just hasnt updated their site.........

Richie Rich
05-30-2004, 04:23 PM
Pretty clear to me it's a V-engine frame. Obviously the Volkl website is out of date.

As stated in posts above, Mantilla was using a shortened Tour 8 last year (held one he cracked at the Cdn open in TO in 2002 and it was a shortened Tour 8 strung with BB original) then the Cat V1 mid, and now to the Tour 8 V engine.

Are we all clear now? However you don't have to beleive us if you really don't want to.

alfa164164
05-30-2004, 04:25 PM
Go to Getty Images and do a search on "Mantilla"
Their website will bring up plenty of pictures of Felix using the new V-Engine 8.
From the pictures it is obvious that he is NOT using the Tour 8 Special Edition. Inspector Clouseau could figure that one out.
Sorry but, Mr. Martinez is absolutely correct here.
Do you believe everything you read on the internet (or what you can plainly see with your own eyes)?

katarddx
05-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Yep, It is ! Sorry I was wrong, so is my Volkl representative i have just talked too...Sorry again!

Colpo
05-31-2004, 10:53 AM
A manufacturer's website has all kinds of agendas going on. For instance, for Volkl, there's no reason to list what pros are playing the V-8 or the V-10 MP until there's been a full-scale rollout of those frames. Until then, may as well have it that those pros are in fact playing rackets that are now available to buy. Tom Martinez doesn't have any agendas going on, and his information is both valuable and credible. Please keep the information coming, Tom.