PDA

View Full Version : Tw: Suggestion for the classified forums

hummer23
11-22-2005, 02:57 PM
It seems like many people on the for sale forums dont have the same understanding of how to describe the condition of a racquet. Some pople say that their rames is 9.99 or 9.5, but it is hard to raelly understand what is meant by they figures. it seems very much like everyone wants to inflate this number, and i feel that it is a good idea to come up with a universally accepted systme for these boards. This can be made a sticky in both forums, and in the feedback, people can comment on wheather or not sellers are truthful in their discriptions. Perhaps the scale can go something like:

10 - New, unopened, plastic on handle,
9.5 - opened, perhaps strung, no plastic on handle, never hit with
9 - used for very short period of time, unscratched, new looking
8.5 - used, few scratches, no scrapes, chips, overall excellent condition
8 - used, minor scratches, occasional chips or scrapes, good condition
7.5 - used, headgaurd has significant scratching, no structural damage
7 - used, many scuffs, scratches, chips, still structurally solid, lots of play left in it
6 - used, many stratches, rough condition, still structurally solid, still playable
5 - used, scratches, perhaps not structurally solid, perhaps there exists a crack. if it is though so, this must be noted. can still be used
4 or bellow, cracked frame, not useful for hitting.

Other posters: what do you guys think about this system? any revisions that should be made? do you think it is a good idea to have a system like this posted?

hummer23
11-23-2005, 09:12 AM
TW: will you guys consider putting a sticky with this up? i think it may be a real help to those who want to buy, sell, or trade frames.

diredesire
11-26-2005, 12:27 AM
I like the sticky idea, but i think the criteria is much too harsh. I think everything should be bumped down a point or two, and it will be good to go.

nimxnooj
11-26-2005, 07:56 AM
great idea hummer, i was thinking of something like that too. Because of course everyone wants to inflate the rating to get more money out of it, but when buying rackets, most people do ask for pictures before buying to make sure of its condition. However, good rating system, and good idea for the references too. good job.

arky-tennis
11-26-2005, 12:12 PM
Its a bit harsh, but I think its a great idea.

DashaandSafin
11-26-2005, 01:15 PM
How is it a bit harsh? I think it is fine as i would not want something that is serverly scratched but still strucuarally sound and the seller call it a 9.2 becuase it is still playable.

arky-tennis
11-26-2005, 03:11 PM
I see your point.

hummer23
11-27-2005, 04:00 PM
How about it Tennis Warehouse? Will you guys add this as a sticky in the classified section? if you do, you can add that any frames rated 10 are not to be sold on these boards, if they are for sale on the TW website. Feel free to edit the values that i suggested, as they were just a quick suggestion. Thanks very much.

matchpoint54
11-27-2005, 04:03 PM
This is a pretty good idea.

Richie Rich
11-27-2005, 04:25 PM
sounds good in principle but still won't do away with people misrepresenting racquets (saying 9 when s/b 7). it's good practice to ask for pics of the racquet you are buying to make yourself comfortable with it's stated condition.

TW Staff
11-28-2005, 01:59 PM
We'll consider adding a sticky. However, we've noticed a sizeable increase in For Sale posts by people selling what appears to be other than personal gear. We'll be taking a harder line on "New", "Played with for 5 minutes", Played with for 1 hour", etc. Also, new racquets won't be allowed for sale, regardless of age or whether they're sold by TW or not. We assume these are not personal gear. I know there are exceptions, and for those people, there are the auction sites. Thanks, Don/Tennis Warehouse

hummer23
11-28-2005, 02:05 PM
thanks Don, that sounds good. I think taht this is a fair policy, the sticky should include information about that, in addition to the chart. Thanks very much.