View Full Version : Prince Dura-Perf Contoured Overgrip

Michael Musok
05-29-2004, 08:20 AM
Has anyone tried these or know where to buy them? I usually use Prince Duratac and like them pretty well but a friend had these Duraperfs on his racquet and they felt great. He gave me one and I really like it but apparently TW doesn't sell them, at least they don't show them. The overgrip is perforated and you can see the leather grip underneath but what makes them unique is a thin piece of spongy strip that goes the entire length of the wrap and provides the contour. The strip is underneath the wrap of course and provides a ridge that makes it real easy to grip. Great for when my hands gets sweaty, won't slip or twist at all on off center hits.

05-30-2004, 06:20 PM
Yes, I love this grip! A couple years ago I would actually buy the Prince Duraper Contour replacement grip when my grip went bad and just put it over the original grip. I don't know what stores you may have near you, but I bought mine at an MC Sporting Goods store. I eventually quit this habit once I realize how much easier and cheaper overgrips are. They are the best replacement grips, though.

Michael Musok
05-31-2004, 11:02 AM
TennsDog - Actually, it's not a grip but rather an overgrip that goes over a grip. Prince probably makes a similar grip which is what I think you are describing. What I'm talking about is an overgrip that is about the same thickness as a Prince duratac overgrip but with perforations (little pinholes) so that you can see the actual grip underneath. And it also has that spongy thin strip underneath that makes for the ridge that provides the contour.

05-31-2004, 03:57 PM
YES, I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! I bought the REPLACEMENT GRIP and put it over the original grip. The bevels were all but gone and I had probably a 5.5-6" grip. I love that grip. Now I stick to overgrips...cheaper and easier.

05-31-2004, 03:59 PM
Wow, I read your second post a second time and now you have me confused. I have never heard of a Duraperf Contour overgrip...doesn't seem like it would work to have ridges on an overgrip.

06-01-2004, 08:59 PM
The Duraperf Contour came in both an overgrip and a replacement grip.

I believe the overgrip is no longer made. A year or so ago, I noticed that several retailers no longer had it, and one told me that Prince doesn't make them anymore. Too bad, because I liked to use them as an 'undergrip' at times. I believe Prince has continued to make the replacement grip version.

Michael Musok
06-06-2004, 01:41 PM
Apparently they are still being made as they are now available at one of TW's competitors. Around $4.00 for a package of three. Real unique for an overgrip and fills a void as there is nothing else out there like them. They provide great gripping with no slippage when the hands get sweaty. I'm hoping TW will stock them in the future.