PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Adrenalin Surge-Anybody have arm problems with this

acer
05-29-2004, 09:43 AM
I used to use a Dunlop Adrenalin Surge (108 sq in). It was voted number # 1 in arm safety by racquet research. I developed golfers elbow from throwing a football and thus my arm was extremely sore playing tennis. I use a brace now but I have found that the Dunlop Adrenalin Surge actually aggravates the problem. Thus I had to switch to a Prince racquet but I can't get the same power as the Dunlop. I have read in other posts that another user of this racquet found that this racquet caused him arm problems (elbow). Has anybody else experienced arm problems with Dunlop Adrenalin Surge racquet?

Please let me know

thomwi9
05-29-2004, 05:56 PM
Acer, I have been using an Adrenalin Surge for almost 4 years, and
have had no arm problems whatsoever. The impact of a racquet on
my arm,shoulder,wrist was very important to me since I had my
rotator cuff surgically repaired 2 years before I purchased my first
Surge. I am interested in your Surge(s) if you're no longer using them and it(they) has a 4 1/2 grip(s) in good condition. I also lead-
taped my Surges to about 11.2 oz. Talk to you later.

thomwi9@aol.com

Steve Huff
05-29-2004, 08:08 PM
Isn't the 108" version a half inch longer also? If so, I think the Surge that was so easy on the arm was the MP, standard length version. Extra length adds leverage to your shots, and to your arm. I'd try a standard length racket if you've got arm problems.

thomwi9
05-30-2004, 07:43 AM
Steve Huff, there is no standard length Surge!!! It only came in
108" head size and 27.5" length. There was another Adrenalin
racquet called a "Rush" which came in a midplus and an Oversize.
Maybe that would help Acer's problem except that it has less "pop"
(at least to me) and not as stable.

thomwi9@aol.com

Paunchy Gandalf
05-31-2004, 04:07 PM
HI acer,

Before you give up on the Dunlop, try some lead tape. I had about 54 gms on it...27 gms on the handle, 21 gms at 3/9 an 6 gms at 12. Had quite some pop.

PG

AaronG
06-03-2004, 08:08 AM
Hey Acer,

I played with Dunlop for years and I love the racquets. With that said my arm took a beating during it. Stretching, playing with a standard length, and oversize head will help the problem but sometimes theres nothing you can do.

Aaron

ssjkyle31
06-03-2004, 05:22 PM
What kind of strings do you play with? Kevlar or natural gut? What is the tension do you use? Highest tension possible for the racket? Do you string often enough? Do you always play with a fresh can of tennis balls or with dead balls? Do you warm up? There are so many variables that can hinder your play. You may want to look each variable closely.

I assumed you injured your throwing arm. I bet it hurts when you served. You may want to look at the mechanics of your serve. It may be your stroke mechanics may be impaired by your injuries.