PDA

View Full Version : There's a reason that Pros don't change racquets:

BigboyDan
05-29-2004, 11:45 AM
ask Federer. Wilson must have paid him big buckeroos to do so.

StewieGriffin
05-29-2004, 11:55 AM
Anything can be achieved with contracts - he's probably legally bound by what he can tell people about his racquet.

Matt H.
05-29-2004, 07:07 PM
maybe off topic, maybe not....anyways,

I think pro's don't change racquets for the simple reason that they're accustomed to the feel and performance of 1 racquet.

Once you get to a certain skill point (and a touring pro is well beyond that point) a different racquet is not going to improve your game at all.

miguelcoletta
05-29-2004, 08:26 PM
Who says Federer changed racquet? I think he lost because he like the T90 PAINTJOB more

Datacipher
05-29-2004, 11:07 PM
Anything can be achieved with contracts - he's probably legally bound by what he can tell people about his racquet.

HEH, I seem to remember when Muster was asked about his new racquet made specifically for him the Muster reach machine or something like that...they asked him if it was his old Head racquet because it looked like a paintjob and he said 'yeah, sure it's the old Head racquet." lol if only all pros were that candid.

He did go on to say that they hadn't perfected the new racquet yet and when they did he would change but until then it would be the painted Head.... he eventually did for sure as he started using an extralong version.

gregraven
06-01-2004, 01:55 PM
ask Federer. Wilson must have paid him big buckeroos to do so.
Let's see ... Federer lost in the first round at Roland Garros in 2002 and 2003, and this year, with a new racquet, he made it to the third round. Maybe the pros ought to change racquets more often.

a529612
06-02-2004, 11:55 AM
How much did Wilson pay Sampras to stick with the 6.0 85?

BreakPoint
06-02-2004, 03:32 PM
How much did Wilson pay Sampras to stick with the 6.0 85?

I'd bet Wilson was dangling big bucks in front of Sampras to get him to change to something new so that they could discontinue the PS 6.0 85, but Sampras refused to change. I'd bet Sampras would have continued to use the PS 6.0 85 even if Wilson paid him nothing to do so. I mean, how much do you think 14 Grand Slams are worth to him?