PDA

View Full Version : DID FEDERER LOSE BECAUSE OF THE NCODE6.1 ?

Pro_Tour_630
05-29-2004, 11:53 AM
wether it is the same stick, blah blah blah PS6.0 85, tour 90 the new Ncode 6.1 you be the judge, one thing for sure the racquet set up he used did affect him, ANY CHANGE AS MINUTE AS IT CAN BE IS NOT A GOOD THING FOR PLAYERS AT THIS LEVEL.

Q. You didn't seem very happy with your racquet either. In fact, you didn't seem very happy at all with your game. Is that the case today? >

ROGER FEDERER: Well, you know, like I said, it was very hot today, so the balls are flying, you know, very much. Ball bounces high because the court plays faster. You know the conditions are fast. I was just finding the right racquet to be able to control the ball because I was struggling with it and Guga wasn't. And that was my problem today.

kxt1780
05-29-2004, 01:12 PM
I am not so sure he was blaming his racket. Maybe blaming himself. I would think professional like him would brought a "safety" backup stick and will not let a new racket be the reason for a loss.

Anyway Wilson still has the Williams sisters around.

MNJEEPJEEP
05-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Seems to me like he was more looking for the right tension in the strings.... not a particular racquet... that would make no sense.

Prolly has a couple strung up differently..

Doesnt matter now anyway.. heh.

dantyem108
05-29-2004, 02:15 PM
I'm sure it wasn't the racket, if he had any concern at all with the racket in the previous rounds, there is no way he would have played with it, by the way, it is a great racket, just got one

Nas Eclipse
05-29-2004, 02:55 PM
i just think Guga played a better game today.

kxt1780
05-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Danty would you mind give us some feedback of the ncode racket you just received? I am sure many are anxious to hear. Thanks.

Pushmaster
05-29-2004, 04:01 PM
Is it a big surprise that Federer got beat by a 3-time French Open champion? It had nothing to do with Fed's racquet, and everything to do with Guga out-playing him.

chadw01
05-29-2004, 04:11 PM
Guga owned him.

Kirko
05-29-2004, 07:44 PM
Yes ! he had the unfortunate luck to play a guy who is 3 X Champ.

Steve Huff
05-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Federer did about as well this year as he ever has. One of the commentators said yesterday that Federer likes to hit his shots, especially his backhand, from his knees to his waist (or something like that). He felt like clay, with the high bounces would be hard on Federer, and that Kuerten, if he was moving ok, would be favored. He may have been looking for a good string tension though, because of the dryer conditions.

Morpheus
05-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Is it a big surprise that Federer got beat by a 3-time French Open champion? It had nothing to do with Fed's racquet, and everything to do with Guga out-playing him.

It's hard to accept this statement without seeing the match firsthand (thanks network scumbags). Former is not equal to current. Was Federer "off" or was Guga just "on" and who really knows other than the spectators or those in areas that actually got coverage.

Kirko
05-29-2004, 08:57 PM
I just finished watching the match . Federer was "whomped" . Guga is back !!!!!!!!!!

Kobble
05-29-2004, 09:40 PM
Did Guga's backhand breakdown Federer's(Self proclaimed, greatest one hander on tour :roll:) backhand?

activentures
05-31-2004, 08:01 AM
I watched the match live. It was just one of those days for Federer. Guga was on fire, and Federer barely hit anything past the service line, and was generally very poor.

topspin king
05-31-2004, 12:55 PM
no matter his opponent is on or off. there is no surprise that Guga beat anyone on claycourt. He is the best claycourt player!!

rafael
06-01-2004, 12:44 PM
Guga played a nice match, but federer hit a lot of shots into the net or out that I would have expected him to place better. He was playing very un-federer like. Whether that was the weather or the racquet, only fed knows.