PDA

View Full Version : Please adjust the 'bad word filter'

Deuce
11-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Could you please adjust the 'bad word filter'? I'm sure this new message board format is 'technically sophisticated' enough to be able to do this.

For example - m-a-n-u-s-c-r-i-p-t should not become m****cript.

And why in the world is a-n-u-s on the 'bad word' filtered list to begin with? If this word is there, can we expect 'nostril' to soon accompany it on the forbidden list?

Has ****genized been fixed yet? Apparently not. h-o-m-o-genized.

When the spelling of a 'bad word' is by chance contained as a necessary ingredient of a 'good word', it should not be censored. If there is no way to set the board so that it differentiates between a 'bad word' standing alone, and a 'bad word' contained within a 'good word', then this board is not yet 'technically sophisticated' enough, I'm afraid.

I must commend you for allowing my use the other day of the word 'peacock' in its original, complete, and proper form. (Does this mean that... oh, never mind - if I type it, all the kids will be using it in posts in no time, and then we'd lose 'peacock', as well, to this foolishness.)

I will provide more examples of words which require fixing as I come to them.

Thank you.

diredesire
11-26-2005, 12:09 AM
Could you please adjust the 'bad word filter'? I'm sure this new message board format is 'technically sophisticated' enough to be able to do this.

For example - m-a-n-u-s-c-r-i-p-t should not become m****cript.

And why in the world is a-n-u-s on the 'bad word' filtered list to begin with? If this word is there, can we expect 'nostril' to soon accompany it on the forbidden list?

Has ****genized been fixed yet? Apparently not. h-o-m-o-genized.

When the spelling of a 'bad word' is by chance contained as a necessary ingredient of a 'good word', it should not be censored. If there is no way to set the board so that it differentiates between a 'bad word' standing alone, and a 'bad word' contained within a 'good word', then this board is not yet 'technically sophisticated' enough, I'm afraid.

I must commend you for allowing my use the other day of the word 'peacock' in its original, complete, and proper form. (Does this mean that... oh, never mind - if I type it, all the kids will be using it in posts in no time, and then we'd lose 'peacock', as well, to this foolishness.)

I will provide more examples which require fixing as I come to them.

Thank you.

Agreed Deuce. That H*M* one bothers me, i see it all the time in innocent posts.

Deuce
11-28-2005, 11:55 PM
M****cript.

Apparently, it's not fixed yet.

One can type '*** hole', but not 'a-n-u-s' or even
'm-a-n-u-s-c-r-i-p-t'.

Very nice.

Deuce
11-29-2005, 11:00 PM
... and another...

g-r-a-n-d-e-s-t for some ridiculous reason becomes ******st.

Can you fix this problem?

Will you fix this problem?

Will you reply?

arky-tennis
11-30-2005, 03:36 AM
This is getting funny, TW, please respond.... Thanks, Its been a '******st' day... (I know that's wrong grammar)

nViATi
11-30-2005, 06:03 AM
If they haven't replied then they are probably not going to.

TW Staff
11-30-2005, 09:21 AM
Sorry for not replying sooner. We will see what we can do to clean up the filter when time permits.

Chris, TW

phil10s
11-30-2005, 09:33 AM
I like it when I talk about my USTA section, the M I D W E S T... and it shows up *******. I'm sure cause of TW's rival website. BUT STILL A PAIN.

Deuce
12-01-2005, 12:11 AM
Sorry for not replying sooner. We will see what we can do to clean up the filter when time permits.

Chris, TW

T**nk Y**, C***s.

Jonnyf
12-01-2005, 09:34 AM
the word Sh1 comes up i said it by mistake when i meant shots

TW Staff
12-01-2005, 10:21 AM
T**nk Y**, C***s.

Y**'re w****me.

Dedans Penthouse
12-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Speaking of bad words:

Merry

******mas!

Whooops, my bad! :

Happy non-denominational Holiday :roll:

"I'm dreaming of a non-denominational Holiday....just like the ones I used to know.....: :evil:

Just remember, during an outrageous moment of carnal ecstasy to shout:
"Oh my no-such-being!!! Oh my no-such-being!!"
"No-such-being??.....honey, am I doing something wrong?" :razz:

Ah, let us "grease the skids" with some gris for the holiday spirit mill ..... atheists, p.c.-freaks, fundamentalists, tail-wag-dog agenda freaks.....the floor is yours

arky-tennis
12-01-2005, 01:18 PM
ha ha ha ha

TW Staff
12-02-2005, 09:16 AM
I think most of the problem words should be coming through as of yesterday. Let me know if there are other words that are incorrectly being censored and I'll try to get those resolved, too.

Chris, TW.

Steve Huff
12-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Chris, if you're really serious about getting the bad words out, you should consider filtering ANY word that has an "*" in it or that has a number in it. For example, people say "this is sh*t, or this is SH1T or *****," etc. I know there's a way around just about everything, but these are pretty obvious and overused ways to do it.

Deuce
12-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Homosapien

manuscript

******st (g-r-a-n-d-e-s-t)

Well... 2 out of 3 ain't bad...

I'm rather curious as to the reason the word g-r-a-n-d-e is being censored. Any idea?

Hope you can fix that one, too.

Thanks for doing this, Chris.

Yours!05
12-09-2005, 02:25 AM
I think most of the problem words should be coming through as of yesterday. Let me know if there are other words that are incorrectly being censored and I'll try to get those resolved, too.

Chris, TW.c o u r t s i d e please. Its asterisking gets mentioned about weekly.
Thanks.

Phil
12-09-2005, 06:38 AM
c o u r t s i d e please. Its asterisking gets mentioned about weekly.
Thanks.

Actually, I'm quite happy with the fact that C..rt side is censored. ;)