PDA

View Full Version : Knee "sleeve" or lightwate brace

bob
02-27-2004, 05:59 AM
I get minor tendonitis in both my knees from time to time. I found that if I wear neoprene braces that my legs warm up well and my knees usually don't hurt. These braces are nothing fancy, just one piece with a hole cut out by the knee cap.

I would like to try something lighter weight than the neoprene. Something more like an ace bandage material. Any recommendations?

BTW, I don't have any structural problems with my knees, and I ice them after I play.

Thanks

borisboris
02-27-2004, 06:06 AM
:twisted: Stay with the neoprene - I had my MCL go out 2 yrs ago after playing 9 of 11 days. The neo will keep the knee warmer and looser. The ace bandage is basically for throwing in your bag-backpacking-tennis for emergency.

netman
02-27-2004, 10:07 AM
I've found these braces to work well. They are made out of a lycra material and are very lightweight.

http://www.fasthealth.com/store/motion/epx-6312.php

They do tend to slip until they get wet, so I just dampen them before putting them on. A lot cooler than neoprene.

Ken

jayserinos99
03-04-2004, 11:11 PM
I love my neoprene braces since I can velcro them on quickly and they are really light.

bob
03-05-2004, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I just ordered and recieved the knee sleeves that TW sells. These are much lighter and breath a lot better than the old neopreme jobs.

I wore them last night & they worked fine.