PDA

View Full Version : Racquet most like the RD 7...

homerjsimpson
05-29-2004, 10:55 PM
Could you guys recommend something that feels similar to the RD 7? I really didn't like the MP Tour 1, so I was curious if the RDX 500 was similar to one or the other? Also, how do the new Volkls measure up (given that I didn't like the C-10 or the Tour 10)?

Hewittfan22
05-29-2004, 11:27 PM
try ti-80 i have been using ti-50 and i really like it and since its discontinued i thought its better to change the new racquet and get used to it and ti-80 was the closest i can get with yonex, and this is a great racquet for both control and power , since the swing weight is very light u can really swing it fast and just whip it, its a good racquet

Jerry Seinfeld
05-30-2004, 07:10 AM
The ti-80 is an incredibly underrated stick. I love it. It is my stick of choice.

That said, spin potential is very nice, but for some reason, very few sticks can match the RD7, including the ti80. The major difference in the ti80 and RD7 IMO is weight/balance. This stick is lighter and more headlight. You can get around on most balls with ease. It does not feel as solid as the RD7, been described as tinny, but in a very solid way. From my experience it makes a pinging noise that gives an illusion of instability. This isn't true. Get used to the sound and you have a stable stick, probably one of the best Yonex has ever made...again IMO.

I have only hit once with the RDX 500. It was an enjoyable hit, but the feel was completely UNIQUE from any Yonex I have ever used. Felt more "muted" for lack of a better term. Will hit with it again and try to be more specific. Not a bad stick, but definitely MUCH different feel than the RD7 and all other Yonex sticks that I have ever hit with.

smackit93
05-30-2004, 08:24 AM
btw, I have a barely used RD 7 for sale- it's in excellent condition. (it's been hit with about three times). Contact me with an offer at jscomm@nyc.rr.com if interested. i can provide photos.