PDA

View Full Version : Ball Machines...Tennis Tutor Pro Lyte or Little Prince

tedescm
02-27-2004, 08:13 AM
I'm thinking of buying a new Ball Machine. The ones I going to consider are the Tennis Tutor Pro Lite or Little Prince.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Is one better than another?

Tx,

M 8)

TennisGrrl
03-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Although I don't own a tennis tutor, I play at a facility that offers it. When its working, its wonderful. The problem I've noticed is that after awhile, it loses juice fast. The owner has exchnaged it for a new one a couple of times with the company, however, after 6 months go by, same problem. It ends up only lasting about a half an hour before the power gives out--no matter how long you charge it.

polakosaur
03-11-2004, 07:39 PM
yeah the power of the tutor is a little bad but other wise its a top of the line machine

mark rodgers
03-12-2004, 05:00 PM
When I was looking for a portable unit I asked around and everyone I asked said the Tennis Tutor is the brand to get. I personally would have wanted a Playmate machine but they are much too expensive and they're not very portable. Anyway, I called Sports Tutor and asked if they had a demo or used unit for sale. They had two Model 4P units for sale at a good price ($1100) and so I got one. It didn't have a remote but I didn't care about that. It was more than I intended to spend but I'm glad I did. Before they sent it to me they replaced the feed wheels and battery at no charge. At a minimum the machine has to have enough power to feed balls at a challenging rate and also be able to put spin on the ball. IMO it's not worth it to get a machine that feeds under 80 mph and has no spin. You would get bored with it quickly. Also I purchased (for $35 extra) the smart recharger. I've never had a problem with the battery. I just plug it in after I use it and it is fully charged when I'm ready the next time. It has yet to run down before I do. Without it I think you can damage the battery if you don't keep an eye on it. I would say that the minimum one should get is the Model 2 plus.

djbrown
03-15-2004, 02:23 PM
I have the Tennis Tutor Four Plus with the SmartCharger and have been very pleased. As others have said, you've got to get one that produces spin on the balls or you'll get bored quick. I've had my machine for about 18 months now, hit a few times a week of an hour plus at a time and haven't had any problems with it.