PDA

View Full Version : Snow!

max
12-01-2005, 06:01 AM
Hey, it's just snowed here in Illinois and I'm excited: looking forward to hearing the crunch under my foot. My cross-country skis are waxed and I've found my hockey skates in the basement, so I'm all set to go. I hope the pond freezes before Christmas so I can take my nephews out for a spin.

doriancito
12-01-2005, 07:41 AM
good for you....as for me i have never seen snow.. id love to..you know play with snow balls, build snowmans and what ever fun thre is to do...well i have been told sometimes it snows at memphis, is it true? im visiting there

mdmicawber
12-01-2005, 08:16 AM
Max-Greetings from Lemont, Il. Took me an hour to get to work today. Everyone here is talking about snow. I log on to TW and find a post about snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. We've got snow on the brain...Speaking of snow on the brain...Doriancito, if I'm not mistaken, you do have snow in Bolivia. The special-happy-fun-snow! Sniiifff! Gotta book some court-time. Adios muchachos....

tennis-n-sc
12-01-2005, 08:26 AM
Here in South Carolina, everytime it comes a snow flurry anywhere in the continental U. S., everyone runs out and buys all the bread and milk in the grocery stores just in case it makes it this far south. There is nothing like anticipation and preparation for snowstorms in the south! Should we actually get a forecast of scattered light snow flurries, schools immediately close so the kids will have an opportunity to use the scheduled snow days. We do get ice storms and they can be ugly. Good luck on those cross skiis. We just play tennis year round.

yourserve
12-01-2005, 08:50 AM
i HATE snow...
just me being to lazy to shovel it is the biggest problem.
and some people won't show up for league tennis when it snows,
thats another reason for me to HATE snow.
we do play indoors...

GRANITECHIEF
12-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Here in California, the sierra's need snow bad for the ski season. Luckily there was a little storm last week that dropped a couple feet above 7,000 ft. Before that it was still mountain bike terrain. Need at least a couple more feet to get all the ski lifts open. I'm going to do the snow dance and sacrifice a couple old broken snowboards.

nickybol
12-06-2005, 12:29 PM
It snowed here 1,5 weeks ago. It was a huge amount of snow, it was disaster. Power fell out in my area, 40.000 people without electricity for almost three days. Also the mobile phone network didn`t work. We were totally shut off from the outside world.

GRANITECHIEF
12-06-2005, 02:43 PM
It snowed here 1,5 weeks ago. It was a huge amount of snow, it was disaster. Power fell out in my area, 40.000 people without electricity for almost three days. Also the mobile phone network didn`t work. We were totally shut off from the outside world.

Did you go skiing and get sweet powder runs when the power came back on?

Skppr05
12-06-2005, 03:15 PM
good for you....as for me i have never seen snow.. id love to..you know play with snow balls, build snowmans and what ever fun thre is to do...well i have been told sometimes it snows at memphis, is it true? im visiting there
yea, it fun for awhile, but when you start seeing to much of it and then you have to worrying about getting it off your stairs and driveway, it becomes a pain. The worst part is you can't play tennis :|

Kaptain Karl
12-06-2005, 03:23 PM
I know I've gotten older when -- as just happened -- our Colorado highways were all on "Accident Alert" because of the snow ... and I stayed home. Even ten years ago, I'd have been creeping up to the ski areas ... which all got LOTS of snow in the last two weeks.

It is so cool to be "First Chair" ... and to lay down "Fresh Tracks" in four feet of fresh powder. Ahhh!

- KK

Mr.Federer
12-06-2005, 04:16 PM
I dislike snow because because it's cold and summer won't be anytime soon...but what is Christmas without snow?It's ugly. I also can't wait to put on my hockey skates and play some good old hockey..ahhh. Actually I love snow...now only if we can play tennis on it!

arky-tennis
12-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Anyone my age will be sending me threats shortly:

I love snow but HATE it. My school lets out for a 10th of an inch and I hate too much homework and then finals next week. I have one snow day on my calendar and would rather get out for summer one day eariler. Also, there are no indoor courts near me so i can't play :(.

nickybol
12-07-2005, 07:05 AM
Did you go skiing and get sweet powder runs when the power came back on?
I live in the Netherlands, this is one of the flattest countries in the world. The highest point in the country is about 300m and in this area is just 20m above sealevel.

max
12-07-2005, 07:09 AM
"arky-tennis": how on EARTH do you get out for just that little bit of dust? Amazing; you're lucky.

We've got a nice tobagan run and I'm going to dig up the flexible flyer. Geez, I would rather be playing tennis, but you might as well make lemonade out of lemons.

SteveI
12-07-2005, 07:13 AM
Hi,

I will make this as clear as possible.

1) I hate Snow

!!!!

Steve

nickybol
12-07-2005, 12:56 PM
But do guys ski much? I will probably be in a French or Austrian resort about 2 weeks this winter.

arky-tennis
12-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Max, I am in Arkansas... We get no snow, the bus drivers can't drie their LITTLE car on anything frozen, much less a 50 ft death trap.. :)

atatu
12-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Well this is ridiculous, it's cold and there's some ice here in Austin. On Sunday it was 80 degrees. Oh well, at least I can go into work late tomorrow...