PDA

View Full Version : Radical Tour 9-should i consider looking for other models ?

RedGinseng
05-30-2004, 11:31 AM
I play with a Radical Tour 97.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/HPics/TT.JPG

I don't know much about this racquet. I used to play with a Prince Graphite OS. I loved the racquet but the frame got broken during a game. I cried :evil: because I had spent over 220$ for this racquet back in the day (I live in Korea and A Prince Graphite is about 220$ here) then I bought this racquet from my friend.

but I can't play well with this Radical tour 97. I didn't have to worry about my control with the Prince Graphite. I used to hit it with almost all of my might but I could place the ball where I wanted to. but with this Radical tour 97 I always worry about my control. When I hit it hard, it simply goes over the baseline.

Is anyone here using the Radical tour 97? what do you think about this racquet. Should I string it tighter and give it a chance or just find a new model which fits my style? I use an eastern grip. not a top spit hitter. one-handed backhand.

I want to cop a prostaff 6.0 or Prince graphite which generates more classic feels if I have to change my racquet. any advice would be appreciated. thankyou.

rooski
05-30-2004, 02:21 PM
The Radical Tour was a good stick. You might want to string it a bit tighter (62-63 lbs) if you are having control problems. That frame was definately not an overly powerful racket.