PDA

View Full Version : Do you worry when a manufacturer has a poor website?

Shane Reynolds
05-30-2004, 12:22 PM
ProKennex, for example. Considering their financial woes (though I would be lying if I said I even understood what happened to them last year even though I read all the posts about it) and the fact that their website has not been updated in over a year, I am hesitant to buy a racquet from them for fear that they may go under any day now. Dunlop's site has been down for a while now - are they having trouble? Fischer's site is better, but still not stellar - makes me wonder if the Gamma partnership is a long-term deal. On the other hand, Wilson and Prince have pretty good sites, as does Volkl. Babolat's and Head's sites are odd but somewhat useful (when they bother updating them). I'm just curious if this poor marketing bothers anyone else.

katarddx
05-30-2004, 03:48 PM
yonex has horrible web site, always late for a few months... BUT, their customer service department is THE BEST, and is one of the reasons i play with.

voltman
05-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Reebok tennis.

uk_skippy
05-31-2004, 12:45 AM
Shane

I havent visited the Dunlop site for a few months, but you may ir maynot know that Dunlop/Slazenger where bought out by a major sports shop chain here in the UK. We'll just have to wait and see what impact it has on the company and its site.

Puskas
05-31-2004, 02:14 AM
Which sports chain bought Slazenger?

El Diablo
05-31-2004, 07:48 AM
Correlation between website and service is not completely predictable. Wilson seems to me to have both a good site and good customer service. Prince has a well maintained site but has let me down several times in customer service, promising to send me a trivial piece but not following through.

epoc
05-31-2004, 08:19 AM
Do you think that the wilson site is good?
I don't know, but I always tought of it as being very poor, outdated, whith bad design, a complete lack of informations (not even flex) and, in some instances, completly wrong information. If you take a look at wilson site you will believe that PS Tour 95 has the same boxy frame as Tour 90, as they used the same pictures. Just to point one mistake.
Well, despite all that I still use wilson sticks, but certainly not because of the terrible site.

uk_skippy
05-31-2004, 09:49 AM
Puskas-it was Sport & Soccer. They also own Donnay brand and the products are cheap!!

Feņa14
05-31-2004, 10:01 AM
They might be cheap but they have a bad range of rackets.

All they have is junior Henman slazengers, and $30 wilsons.

I hope they get a better selection now they have brought dunlop.

Tournagrips are also very expensive there.

-Liam

tenizman444
05-31-2004, 01:20 PM
yonex has the absolute most hideous site ever

Nas Eclipse
05-31-2004, 01:20 PM
this kinda sucks i use a wilson but i was thinking about switching racquets anways. but still they could at least let us no on the dunlop website.