PDA

View Full Version : Girl from Ipanema

max
12-02-2005, 04:35 PM
Love this song. . . and I think I heard a new version of it just a few years ago, with a smoky female voice, and perhaps 6-8 minutes long. Or maybe it was just the original and I was wrapped up in it. Anyone know anything about new versions?

dmastous
12-02-2005, 04:48 PM
There are over 500 variations of this song on record. Good luck on finding which particular version you are looking for.

dmastous
12-02-2005, 04:48 PM
And smokey voiced females simply looooovvee this song.

doriancito
12-02-2005, 06:28 PM
BTW ipanema grils are the best

POGO
12-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Love this song. . . and I think I heard a new version of it just a few years ago, with a smoky female voice, and perhaps 6-8 minutes long. Or maybe it was just the original and I was wrapped up in it. Anyone know anything about new versions?
Yes, that song is a Baso Nova classic. It has been redone and many versions of it, but the original by Stan Getz and Astrud Gilberto is by far the best of all.

dmastous
12-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Well to be factual the first recording was done by Zoot Sims, but shortly afterward Getz made the definitive recording with Astrud Gilberto. It's fantastic. In a different vein, I also like the Pizzicato Five version featured on the Lounge-A-Palooza CD.

Tenny
12-02-2005, 10:45 PM
I like the way She (Astrud) sings it. No vibration, no technique (in a good sense!), simple, pure...that version is the best. Who can do it better than her!

bookem
12-03-2005, 03:17 AM
Most recent (maybe coupla years) "smoky version" I've heard is by Gabriela Anders, yet another Brazilian babe.

Out of ALL the places I've traveled, Brazilian women are by far the most amazing natural beauties, i.e. no gym, botox, nip/tuck, or collagen... just bloodlines.