PDA

View Full Version : super powers

Rickson
12-03-2005, 07:26 AM
You'll be given a choice of 3 powers with some limitations. You can choose the ability to fly, but your limitations are that you're bound by your physical weakness. In other words, if you fly too fast, your ears will hurt, your eyes and face will feel the wind, etc., but otherwise, you can slam dunk on your friends and have loads of fun. You can have superhuman strength, but you're limited in that you can be killed although it would take a hundred or more rounds to shoot you down, you can't rip through thick steel, etc., but you'd be so much stronger than any other man that you'd be invincible unless you had mulitple machine guns pointed at you. Your last choice would be invisibility and your limitations are that you have to get naked to be invisible, you could get hit by a car, etc., but you can imagine how much fun you could have with this one. Which power would you pick and why? You can only choose one.

nViATi
12-03-2005, 07:42 AM
Flying so i can get into perfect position for every single shot and always hit a forehand! Plus, smashes and serves would be so much easier :D

Rickson
12-03-2005, 07:54 AM
I'd go invisible because I can think of a few people I'd like to mess around with during match play. I could mess with those serves big time when the racquet never goes up.

Mr.Federer
12-03-2005, 08:20 AM
Invisibility, what's the down side of having to be naked to be invisible, that's no problem.:cool:

Rickson
12-03-2005, 08:22 AM
Invisibility, what's the down side of having to be naked to be invisible, that's no problem.:cool:
Winter time.

Thomas Tung
12-03-2005, 08:59 AM
I'd like to fly, with an average speed of 300 mph, so that I could save money on my LIRR expenses, and get to work on time! Of course, going supersonic like Airwolf wouldn't hurt. :)

Rickson
12-03-2005, 09:18 AM
I'd like to fly, with an average speed of 300 mph, so that I could save money on my LIRR expenses, and get to work on time! Of course, going supersonic like Airwolf wouldn't hurt. :)
I'm pretty sure flying at 300 mph would hurt you physically so that's out of the question.

tnig469
12-03-2005, 09:29 AM
I would like to combine all these and BEAT EVERYONE lol

Rickson
12-03-2005, 09:32 AM
I would like to combine all these and BEAT EVERYONE lol
I clearly stated that you could only choose one.

Docalex007
12-03-2005, 11:25 AM
Very interesting thread which spurs the kid like imagination in me. Out of the three powers i'd choose flying.

Having proper flying equipment and gear is a must since flying at speeds circa 100mph will be too much to handle with just normal attire. So i'd have my helmet and protective clothing, etc. Now, air temp decreases with height in the troposphere....and so does air pressure (with a decrease in O2 of course). So I guess i'll need some oxygen system and a good warm suit if I'm gonna want to experiment up there at those heights.

For normal stuff, i.e. <300ft, I could have a blast!! Playing tricks on people, flying away from the cops, haha, and excelling in all types of sports.

Think about it. Down here, you have 2D movement. Up there, you have that 3rd dimension free to use, that being verticality. When I see birds, I am jealous of their ability to use so much open space.

Can you believe this is coming from a man who is slightly afraid of heights? I think that would quickly go away if I knew that if I fell of the empire state building, I do not have to worry about a thing. :)

Rickson
12-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Flying away from the cops, bwahahahaha!

legolas
12-03-2005, 11:49 AM
i voted super strength, so i can bomb 400 mph serves

goober
12-03-2005, 11:59 AM
super strength would be not that great if somebody pulled a gun on you.

Flying would be nice but of little practical value if you constantly have to hide your ability so people aren't aware that you can do it.

I would probably take invisibility, but other suprepowers I would consider-

super healing like wolverine

ability to morph into other objects or people

telekenetic/telepathic powers would aslo rock.

Rickson
12-03-2005, 12:04 PM
super strength would be not that great if somebody pulled a gun on you.

I said it would take 100+ rounds to kill you so a 9 millimeter won't do you nearly enough harm. Besides, you could get shot 6 or 7 times just to make you angry then kill the gunman because he thought he killed you first.

goober
12-03-2005, 12:13 PM
I said it would take 100+ rounds to kill you so a 9 millimeter won't do you nearly enough harm. Besides, you could get shot 6 or 7 times just to make you angry then kill the gunman because he thought he killed you first.

Ok I'll play along although the strongest man in the world would be taken down by one shot. If it took 100 shots to kill you, you could be taken down by a small group of men with automatic weapons. :D

clymb420
12-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Invisibility for sure.
I'm assuming these aren't tennis specific super-powers.
The other two are for entertainment. Real power would come from secret access to places and people where you could gain all the knowledge you'd ever want. And as we all know...Knowlege is power.
As long as you're aware of your surroundings, you're golden. You can't kill something you can't see.
-Peace.

edberg505
12-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Invisibility for sure.
The other two are for entertainment. Real power would come from secret access to places and people where you could gain all the knowledge you'd ever want. And as we all know...Knowlege is power.
As long as you're aware of your surroundings, you're golden. You can't kill something you can't see.
-Peace.

Although a nice set of infra red specs could take care of that. hahaha

Rickson
12-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Ok I'll play along although the strongest man in the world would be taken down by one shot. If it took 100 shots to kill you, you could be taken down by a small group of men with automatic weapons. :D
They'd have to take you by surprise and even then you could fake being dead with let's say 20-30 shots. Then when they come to check on your "dead" body, you kill them off quickly.

Docalex007
12-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Invisibility for sure.
-Peace.

Is it just me or is it possible that if you have the naked invisibility power that you are very prone to death by accident?

1. You are naked (weather, more prone to small scrapes and injuries)

2. Nobody sees you!! (Don't cross roads, can't walk in heavily crowded areas)

Think about all the people you would bump into ...though it would be funny to see their faces when you do! :)

I admit, sneaking (or straight walking I should say) into the White House to take pictures of Bush while on the can then posting them on the net would be ....priceless.

MTXR
12-03-2005, 04:05 PM
I would take invisibility. But if i had to choose i would like to have speed as a super power.

Mr.Federer
12-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Winter time.

But if I live in a warm place like Florida then that's still not a problem for me.

SageOfDeath
12-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Well with superstrength does that come with speed? That would help a lot on a tennis court. Then again with flying powers you could ace someone pretty easily, you could "jump" right near the net and just place it well enough or pound it.

go_nadal
12-04-2005, 02:41 AM
i think some one mite hav already said it but.. morphing into objects or animals.
how good would that be