PDA

View Full Version : Ncode six-one: really this heavy?

womackD
05-30-2004, 07:33 PM
I visited my local dealer/proshop yesterday and inquired about the new Ncode six-one 95. He said that he measured two samples/demos, and they both had a Swingweight at 348! The Ncode six-one 90 had a Swingweight over 350.

I was wondering if Thomas Martinez, other racket techs, or those that have actually had the chance to demo the 95in version can atest that the stats are correct.

I'm a Classic 6.1 user myself, and have been looking for a slightly lighter replacement for several years.. The HPS 6.1 was advertised as being such a racket, but they were infact, heavier (swing weight).
With the news of the new Ncode six-one, it looks like another disappointment is in the future.

Coda
05-30-2004, 11:34 PM
I doubt that anyone would buy them if they swung that heavy.

Lambro
05-31-2004, 06:59 PM
I would buy them definitley if they swung that heavy.

A 13 oz racquet at near even balance has a swing weight of about 375. So a 13 oz racquet at around 8 pts headlight gets into the 350 area.

They mis-stated the specs of Grams as swingweight.

350 grams is about 12.3 oz.

womackD
05-31-2004, 10:31 PM
I guarantee you that my local dealer didn't mistake Grams for Swingweight.. Both of his early demos had Swing weights at 348.

I had read a post on this site that said a demo being used had a SW of 330. I had hoped that those numbers were accurate, even though 330 is pushing the limit on my preferred specs.

Hewittfan22
06-01-2004, 05:37 AM
if u can handle that heavy weight of the racquet, you could hit a really heavy ball, i love hitting heavy balls its different tennis

gregraven
06-01-2004, 12:35 PM
I guarantee you that my local dealer didn't mistake Grams for Swingweight.. Both of his early demos had Swing weights at 348.
(snip)

You might want to check to see if the swing weight machine on which you are basing your decisions has been calibrated lately. I put the nSix-One Tour 90 at between 325 and 326 in swing weight on a calibrated RDC. The static weight is 354, though.

MNJEEPJEEP
06-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Regarding the nSix-One 95:

I cant imagine that this racquet swings heavier than the HPS. I've only played it for a short while... seems slightly faster.....maybe it justs looks faster though.. :o I'll try to test it out tomorrow on the machine....

excited to get rid of my HPS 6.1's... hate the paint.... bothers me... chips.. looks all bad in about 1 month. New one plays better too.. what a deal.