PDA

View Full Version : Anybody plays WITHOUT bumper cap on Babolat PC?

lonetango
05-30-2004, 08:23 PM
When I received the racquet and first strung it, I went out to play and totally forgot to put the bumper cap back on. To my surprise, it felt awesome because of the head lightness although without it seems to give the racquet a bit of vibration at the top even with a rubber band. However, I love the feel when I can whip at the ball. I've been having arm problems so that's why I like that feel.

Then I put the cap back on the next day and man, the racquet felt heavy and I can't seem to swing as well with it. I was wondering if any of you guys have tried hitting with the PC without the bumper cap. Is this unusual? I'm using the MP standard version.

sandro
05-31-2004, 01:26 AM
During my demo, I've tried both with and without. I too prefere the feeling of it without the extra bumper guard, expecially for the 1hbh and at net, but the forehand was too "light". With it installed, I didn't liked the balance.
But be aware: low swingweight, lower weight and stiff racquet means arm trouble in the long run...

powdermouse
06-03-2004, 11:09 AM
Try using a regular pure control grommet system instead of the cap version that comes with the pure control mp. The head sizes are the same regardless of what the racket specs say. This also gives you the protection you need on the top of the frame as well as an overall lighter bumper guard. That's what the pros using this frame do.