PDA

View Full Version : more tennis machine questions

asreynol
05-30-2004, 11:32 PM
I know someone has already asked about silent partner, but has anyone had any bad experiences from them, becuase I have talked to several dealers who sell all ball machines EXCEPT silent partner, due to customer complaints. However, from the feedback on here, it seems like a good investment to me. Can anyone give me more details on the quality of this machine, becuase I am deciding between a NEW silent partner (with spin capability) or an USED tennis tutor 2 (with no spin). The only reason I am considering the tennis tutor is due to the fact that I hear they are very reliable. Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

jbrooksgiu
05-31-2004, 08:17 AM
I recently did the research on ball machines. After reading several bad reviews of the silent partner, I eliminated it from my choices. I came down to the tennis tutor pro lite and purchased it from John Keller @ Tennis 101. The first time I used it i knew it was not going to be enough for me. It is a great machine and looks very durable with the exception of the flaps that open up to hold the balls. They seem a little flimsy but they have a lifetime warranty so no problem. The pro lite has oscillation but no spin. It also has a max speed of 60mph. Depending upon what you are looking for, the pro lite may or may not be for you. I ended up wanting spin and a faster top end speed. I then looked at the Lobster elite and tennis tutor plus 2. I settled on the TTplus2 because of the reputation and build quality of the pro lite. If you have any specific questions regarding the TTP2 let me know.