PDA

View Full Version : super "tennis" powers

Rickson
12-04-2005, 05:23 PM
We've been through this before so here are your choices.

A) You have pinpoint accuracy where you can paint the lines at will or hit any part of the court on a dime. The drawbacks are that you have to get to the ball before you work your placement magic so winners can get by you if someone's good enough to hit them that is. You also work at your own pace so no increased "power" comes with this power.

B) You have amazing footspeed. You can chase down any ball, but what you do from there is up to you. You're once again working with your own power and pace, but no ball can get by you.

C) You have amazing "tennis strength". You'll be able to swing a racquet faster and more powerfully than anyone who's ever played the game. The drawback is that you have to develop your own accuracy so watch out for those unforced errors.

Which tennis power would you choose? You can only choose one.

StraightSets
12-04-2005, 05:30 PM
I'd take the pinpoint accuracy. Whenever you can reach the ball, you can basically do anything you want with it.

Rickson
12-04-2005, 05:33 PM
I'd take the pinpoint accuracy. Whenever you can reach the ball, you can basically do anything you want with it.
Me too. I'm tired of having option C.

nViATi
12-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Hehe. I got amazing footspeed but no power or precision in real life. I want precision heh

Rickson
12-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Hehe. I got amazing footspeed but no power or precision in real life. I want precision heh
But precision without power is not that great an ability unless you specialize in dropshots.

legolas
12-04-2005, 07:58 PM
i voted for c, lol

munk3y
12-05-2005, 04:32 AM
lol i'd go B then practice until a high level of A :D

Jonnyf
12-05-2005, 10:33 AM
C. You hammer the serve, get a weak return and hit the winner. Return of serve just hit the crap out and brush like He1l

Docalex007
12-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Where is option D??? That being the Fedex power?

bcsax123
12-05-2005, 05:32 PM
I voted for B because I have enough power (My strenth will also increase when i get older -I'm 14), My accuracy will improve when my game gets better. I also want to play like Micheal Chang, who can run down almost anything.

Skppr05
12-05-2005, 08:13 PM
pinpoint accuracy would be pretty sweet, but I think the added boost of the sing speed would dominate everything.

supersmash
12-05-2005, 11:52 PM
I have the HIGHEST unforced error count you will ever come by. But, on important points, I have been known to hit amazing shots out of nowhere.

Max G.
12-06-2005, 01:50 AM
I vote for B. Footspeed.

I'm a serve and volleyer. If I'm a foot away from the net when I hit the ball - well, power and placement come easily.

cbtennisdude
05-14-2007, 07:06 AM
you can't always beat someone by overpowering them

HellBunni
05-14-2007, 07:54 AM
I think you really only need 3 shots to dominate tennis (assuming you can perform them very well).

1.) serve of course, doesn't have to be as good as the following 2 but has to be reliable.

2.) drop shot: be able to hit a good drop shot anywhere on the court.

3.) lob shot: to be able to hit a lob deep, short, from anywhere on the court.

if someone can do that, he can beat anybody.

z-money
05-14-2007, 07:57 AM
ive got the swing speed now if i can make 80-90% ill be awesome

Andres
05-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Accuracy all the way. Painting the line on every shot!? SWEEEEET!

Supernatural_Serve
05-14-2007, 10:49 AM
A > B >> C, assuming all other factors are equal e.g tennis mind, match toughness, etc.

DashaandSafin
05-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Tennis strength for sure...all you other guys say that power isn't everything, it isn't, at our level. Imagine if you could literally knock the cover off the ball, every shot be 100+ mph, serves be 200 mph. Surely you could win on power alone, now just work on that accuracy..

JRstriker12
05-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Give me the accuracy.

With pin-point accuracy, you wouldn't need to hit a serve all that hard to get an ace, just pick your spot and hit a decent serve.

Passing shots? No problem.

Keep your opponent deep in the backcourt by having all your ground strokes land on the back of the line? No problem.

Need to hit a winner or an impossible short angled volley. No problem.

DueSouth
05-14-2007, 12:29 PM

Lol true,but i would need amazing foot speed to get to the ball in the first place...im a little slow:(

jamumafa
05-14-2007, 01:54 PM
A) of course.

Imagine being able to hit a drop shot that goes 1mm over the net, 1 inch into the court and lands right onto the sideline. No one can get that over, and even if they can, pin point lob to the opposite corner of the court off a volley, and if B) can get to it just hit the same dropshot 1 inch over the net and 1 inch into court and eventually they'll miss whereas you won't.

zapvor
05-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Give me the accuracy.

With pin-point accuracy, you wouldn't need to hit a serve all that hard to get an ace, just pick your spot and hit a decent serve.

Passing shots? No problem.

Keep your opponent deep in the backcourt by having all your ground strokes land on the back of the line? No problem.

Need to hit a winner or an impossible short angled volley. No problem.

sounds like soemone got it figured out...i would have to go with accuracy too. i will hit one centimeter over the net every time.