PDA

View Full Version : Fischer superform (open pro)

RRR
05-31-2004, 04:51 AM
I saw two Fischer mid rackets - one black and one white labeled superform at a shop today. They looked nice. Is there anybody in this forum who has used one? How would you compare it with say a head prestige classic mid in terms of weight, balance and stiffness?

vandercharks
08-10-2005, 08:20 PM
i have recently seen a superform open pro in ferrari red and one in a burgundy/maroon paintjob with a special tuning screw to adjust tension. i assume thse were used by fischer touring pros like Anders Jarryd and Jan Gunnarsson back in the day. I remember seeing Jarryd use something similar in the US Open doubles final w/ Edberg in '87.

Anyhow, anyone played with these frames?

Colpo
08-11-2005, 08:00 AM
I owned a Superform Open Pro in the relative recent past, and later sold it. Yes, Jarryd used it in the late 80s for a period. Weighed well over 13 oz. strung. I never had the decency to give it a proper stringjob, just too club-like so I didn't see the point.

vandercharks
08-11-2005, 11:35 AM
I owned a Superform Open Pro in the relative recent past, and later sold it. Yes, Jarryd used it in the late 80s for a period. Weighed well over 13 oz. strung. I never had the decency to give it a proper stringjob, just too club-like so I didn't see the point.

Thanks for the input Colpo. Are you familiar with the Superform with Tuning function? I'm planning on getting this racquet soon.

Colpo
08-12-2005, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the input Colpo. Are you familiar with the Superform with Tuning function? I'm planning on getting this racquet soon.

As far as tuneable racquets go, the Superform Tuning seemed like a better design than the Bergelin racquet. The Bergelin was a one-off performance frame by Macgregor, whereas Fischer had a performance lineage. Also, the Bergelin required more than a set of string. They were both introduced around the same time, I'm thinking 1985. This design innovation flamed out because most folks didn't understand why being able to alter string tension was a good thing. Also, there's no indicator on the frame as to what tension you're changing to, you just know it's getter looser or tighter. Have fun with it, but you may end up just stringing it up and playing with it, without messing with the tension.

Speedy_tennis
08-12-2005, 07:55 PM
RRR i want your pc 600 XL,....LOL terrorific JOKES, jejeje