PDA

View Full Version : Australian Open?

go_nadal
12-06-2005, 10:20 PM
hey is any one goin to the australian open? and does any one no when tickets r out or if they r already out? also where to get them from... thanks

nViATi
12-06-2005, 10:26 PM
hey is any one goin to the australian open? and does any one no when tickets r out or if they r already out? also where to get them from... thanks
This might seem like a very stupid idea but check out the AO's official website. ;)
http://www.australianopen.com/pages/default.aspx?id=15&pageId=159

go_nadal
12-06-2005, 10:29 PM
HOLY CR*P!! your so smart man...

nah i actually did think of that but i jus couldnt b bothered goin to it and i felt like makin a thread:)

equinox
12-07-2005, 05:01 AM
I went last year with a friend when she had a spare ticket and was kind enough to invite me.

We spent all our time in the main arena watching federer vs bagdatis, agassi vs pimpim, kutznova vs another ruski, fat serena vs a hack.

I got so sunburned and dehydrated that day. I felt dead for a week afterwards.

Aussie Baseliner
12-07-2005, 03:30 PM
I myself went 2 the Aussie Open two years ago , let me say coming from the country 2 the big city of Melbourne was awesome the facilities at the Australian open are excellent. Watching the players live and how hard they can hit the speed around the court , not 2 mention the unbelievable atmosphere of the crowd , Marat Safin destroying rackets . One word 2 describe Awesome. I would love 2 go again Tennis at its best .

Keifers
12-08-2005, 11:19 PM
Re the AO, I arrived in Melbourne without any tickets to this year's Open but was lucky enough to get into some really good sessions by waiting in line at the ticket booths in front of Rod Laver Arena or calling the phone number for last-minute tickets.

The organizers make a real effort to get tickets that may go unused into the hands of fans -- at the regular prices. For the men's final between Hewitt and Safin, I waited in line for 3-1/2 hours on the day of the match.

Also saw the women's final, the Federer-Safin semifinal, and both women's semifinals. I had my best seat at the w semis -- Row F, about 15 feet from where Oracene Williams was sitting in one of the player's boxes.

Yours!05
12-08-2005, 11:27 PM
I myself went 2 the Aussie Open two years ago , let me say coming from the country 2 the big city of Melbourne was awesome the facilities at the Australian open are excellent. Watching the players live and how hard they can hit the speed around the court , not 2 mention the unbelievable atmosphere of the crowd , Marat Safin destroying rackets . One word 2 describe Awesome. I would love 2 go again Tennis at its best .Hope you can get there again AB. The atmosphere is always good, fun, friendly IMO.

Aussie Baseliner
12-09-2005, 12:48 AM
:p Well Go Nadal , thanks 4 caring yes my trip 2 japan was successful , the surgeon said I should make a full recovery from my pulled heart muscle , Being out classed by juniors when you reach 65 I hope you can still beat somebody not just yourself go_nadal. K!ck5w3rvE that will be enough from you . And tell the truth guys A grade champion don't you mean C Grade champion your lies will get you into trouble. K!ck5w3rvE hall of shame 4 u. If only u new the truth don't believe everything u hear. Cheers guys keep up the good work. Mr Ed (winnie) the talking horse , no that can't be right he moves faster than you Ed or as he likes 2 be called go_nadal.

Cheers Yours!o5 me aslo Australian open rocks (old school) 4 all u young blokes hehe

Docalex007
12-09-2005, 02:38 AM
I myself went 2 the Aussie Open two years ago , let me say coming from the country 2 the big city of Melbourne was awesome the facilities at the Australian open are excellent. Watching the players live and how hard they can hit the speed around the court , not 2 mention the unbelievable atmosphere of the crowd , Marat Safin destroying rackets . One word 2 describe Awesome. I would love 2 go again Tennis at its best .

Well Go Nadal , thanks 4 caring yes my trip 2 japan was successful , the surgeon said I should make a full recovery from my pulled heart muscle , Being out classed by juniors when you reach 65 I hope you can still beat somebody not just yourself go_nadal. K!ck5w3rvE that will be enough from you . And tell the truth guys A grade champion don't you mean C Grade champion your lies will get you into trouble. K!ck5w3rvE hall of shame 4 u. If only u new the truth don't believe everything u hear. Cheers guys keep up the good work. Mr Ed (winnie) the talking horse , no that can't be right he moves faster than you Ed or as he likes 2 be called go_nadal.

Cheers Yours!o5 me aslo Australian open rocks (old school) 4 all u young blokes hehe

Are we a little number happy? I don't get it, isn't reaching for the numbers at the top of the keyboard a little more time consuming as opposed to staying on the "home row"?

Aussie Baseliner
12-09-2005, 02:45 AM
Hey lets stick to the topic is anyone going to the Australian Open ?

equinox
12-09-2005, 03:57 AM
Maybe he's a 65 year old trying to be hip again. Putting into practise all the new sms lingo.

Docalex007
12-09-2005, 07:11 AM
Well, its not too hip in my book. Believe it or not, it actually "strains" reading.

Docalex007
12-09-2005, 07:13 AM
Hey lets stick to the topic is anyone going to the Australian Open ?

Did you go to UWA in Perth?!? I seem to have a friend who got a degree from there and still chats with "u" for "you". :)

May I wish you proper development.

Keifers
12-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Hope you can get there again AB. The atmosphere is always good, fun, friendly IMO.
I agree, Yours!05, the atmosphere at the AO is friendly and fun. Excellent facilities, relaxed and friendly staff, reasonably-priced food and refreshments. People are there for fun and great tennis. The ESPN (and other American commentators) talk about it as the most fan-friendly Grand Slam and I suspect they're quite right. I certainly enjoyed it.