PDA

View Full Version : How often do you play tennis?

Tchocky
12-08-2005, 07:49 AM
On average...how long do you play each time?

DJ Edwards
12-08-2005, 08:04 AM
On average...how long do you play each time?

Live in SW Florida, summer in Minnesota, just bought a ball machine. Only God can stop me from playing. At least an hour and a half, anything less is just a tease. IN LOVE WITH THE GAME

dmastous
12-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Not nearly enough. Time and rotator cuff problems have kept me off the courts (especially serving).

goober
12-08-2005, 08:09 AM
3 times a week max for about 1.5-2 hours each time. I would play everday if I could but family and job get in the way.

dmastous
12-08-2005, 08:10 AM
Live in SW Florida, summer in Minnesota, just bought a ball machine. Only God can stop me from playing. At least an hour and a half, anything less is just a tease. IN LOVE WITH THE GAME
I agree. Anything less than an hour and a half is unfulfilling. It takes a least a half hour to get cooking.
That's one problem with east coast tennis. With the cold and snow, sometimes you can only get an hour in some of the indoor clubs. I liked playing in California, where I could just go play, and stop when I felt like it, not when the buzzer rings.

sdslyout
12-08-2005, 08:13 AM
As many times as i can, a day, a week. most of the times 1 hour+. during the cold. summer time 4 hours +

Kaptain Karl
12-08-2005, 08:13 AM
Glad multiple answers were allowed. Winter: Once a week. Summer: Four times a week.

At least 90 minutes each time. In summer we have the *occassional* practice session or match which extends to three hours (but that's a rarity).

- KK

DJ Edwards
12-08-2005, 08:19 AM
I agree. Anything less than an hour and a half is unfulfilling. It takes a least a half hour to get cooking.
That's one problem with east coast tennis. With the cold and snow, sometimes you can only get an hour in some of the indoor clubs. I liked playing in California, where I could just go play, and stop when I felt like it, not when the buzzer rings.

I feel for you guys, I heard about this in NYC, that the buzzer means DONE, even if it's match point. We got gators, bugs, hurricanes, low pay, seasonal tourists who drive like idiots and the worse, an incredible amount of backwards thinking individuals down here for sure, but the saving grace is that my association has four hard courts with lights, no sign up sheets or times limits and no one else around to use them. Asi. la vida es bella

Mr.Federer
12-08-2005, 08:27 AM
during the summer 6 days a week...during the winter twice a week.

oscar_2424
12-08-2005, 09:38 PM
i usually play 5 times a week here in florida unless it gets very rainy sometimes i get to play every day;)

AngeloDS
12-08-2005, 10:03 PM
7 times a week for about 2 hours and 4 hours during college tennis practice, monday - sunday ;).

rilokiley
12-08-2005, 10:24 PM
an incredible amount of backwards thinking individuals down here for sure
Haha, so sad, yet so true.
Still Florida really is a beautiful place.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051207/ap_on_re_us/cold_weather
highest today was around 70 here in Florida!

Anyways, used to play at least 2 hours everyday year round in high school/ club. 3 times a week max in college.

by the way, where do you go to school, angelo?

HeNmAiNiA
12-08-2005, 11:28 PM
i used to play tennis every single day of the week
then i remember starting to not like tennis anymore
so i cut it down and now i enjoy it more than i used to.
and in tournamnets are playing better!

rilokiley
12-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Hey, HeNmAiNiA, do you have like a 400 X 800 monitor or something? hehe
And what? you started playing less and as a result you got better?

HeNmAiNiA
12-09-2005, 03:06 AM
Hey, HeNmAiNiA, do you have like a 400 X 800 monitor or something? hehe
And what? you started playing less and as a result you got better?
yeah i did
lol
whats that supposed to mean 400x800??

Docalex007
12-09-2005, 07:23 AM
yeah i did
lol
whats that supposed to mean 400x800??

Because your lines are so narrow. Which means you hit enter after every sentence instead of letting the text automatically "wrap".

Enjoy the day girl. :)

vkartikv
12-09-2005, 09:19 AM
It used to be 4-5 times a week but its been 3 weeks now with the weather and end of the semester. I just have to pull the racquets out of the bag and set them out by the tv so they will constantly be within my range of vision. Two estranged prostaff tour 90s and one strawberry red prestige classic call out in desperation.....:(

Rumjungle
12-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Live in SW Florida, summer in Minnesota, just bought a ball machine. Only God can stop me from playing.

LOL, I envy you. Though I get to play 3 days a week, I'd love to be able to at least hit balls on my off days.