PDA

View Full Version : Diablo MP vs. TT Warrior MP

AStanford
05-31-2004, 05:16 PM
Hey everyone,
I've been looking into picking up a new stick and both of these seem highly regarded on the board. My game is an aggressive, all-court game and I would rate myself about a 3.5-4.0. Aside from price, would someone like to give me a comparison about how these 2 sticks hit? Thanks a bunch.

dax_q
05-31-2004, 05:50 PM
I would go with the Warrior. It has a very forgiving sweet spot, good amount of power, but not too much and you can control it with spin and it volleys great. I think the Diablo might be too much of a chore to play with if you are a 3.5

AStanford
05-31-2004, 05:54 PM
Can anyone comment on these rackets from the baseline? The more I read about the Warrior, the more it seems like a S&V stick.

Don S
05-31-2004, 06:35 PM
If I remember correctly, the TT Warrior had problem with cracking, I demo'd it and thought it was a great frame to S&V with but the cracking issue is what steered me away from it. I think of you do a search on this there's more about it.

AStanford
05-31-2004, 07:02 PM
Yes, after doing a search on in and reading the feedback, the Warrior seems to have cracking problems which will probably steer me away from this racket. Nothing worse then having a new stick break. Any other opinions on the Diablo MP and how it suits an all-court game?

ragnaROK
05-31-2004, 07:11 PM
I'd go with the Diablo MP. Like others have said, the Warrior it has a cracking problem. Mine cracked after a week! The Diablo has some nice spin potential, good flex, right amount of power, and volleys well. For some reason, it also swings a lot lighter than u think it would. I think the Diablo would better suit an all-court game than the TT Warrior would.

AStanford
06-01-2004, 03:26 PM
Good thoughts, thanks for all the replies. Anyone else?

TennisMD
06-01-2004, 03:56 PM
I have played with the TTW for awhile now have also used a whole lot of other racquets its strenths are I serve quite well with it and it volleys well but you can also rally from the baeline with it. As far a cracking I have had one of these racquets since it first came out and no cracksand I play against some big hitters. However I take extemly good care of my racquets.

AStanford
06-04-2004, 12:36 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Would anyone who has hit with these rackets like to give an extended comparison? How serves compare, how volleys compare, etc... Thanks to everyone.

TennisMD
06-04-2004, 02:12 PM
AStanford:

I have not hit with the Diablo for a long time but a brief hitting session with the mid(93Inch)size I found it much more demanding than the Warrior(97 inch) so I stopped hitting with the Diablo. I am a 4.0 all court player.

rondallrp
06-06-2004, 07:06 AM
Big difference between the Diablo Mid and Midplus (MP). The difference between the weight and string pattern is very significant. I say this because sometimes you see conflicting statements about the Diablo.I did not find the Midplus demanding at all. Midplus feels much lighter than it plays.

I think the Diablo MP is one of the best all around racquets I have played with. You have to like a flexible frame to like it though. Easy to swing. Because it swings lighter than it is, it is very quick at the net. The biggest advantage serving is placement and spin. If you want to really crank the serves, well you'll have to supply the power. Has adequate power but not over powered.

I hit with the Warrior once. Felt like I had to use spin to maintain control. Usually I topspin to keep from sailing long but with this racquet it felt like, if I hit a ball flat it sprayed wide on me. Could just be me not taking the time to get use to the racquet. I can't remember much more about it. Did not stick with it long.

Best thing you can do is demo them both. If you are down to two racquets, should be easy.

TennisMD
06-06-2004, 09:02 AM
rondallrp:

I can see your point,although I have not hit with the midplus . Diablo 93 and 98 I would think would make a difference. At times the Warrior feels clubbish, I may give the 98 Diablo a try.

Robert Jones
06-08-2004, 12:35 PM
The diablo MP is a much much better stick that the TT. And the MP does not play like the 93 size. It plays much lighter is more manuverable. I has more power than most players racquets. This makes it very good at the net and serving.

Its a very good all around racquet. I'm selling mine if you want one. I acutally like a stick with almost no power and the diablo MP has too much zip for my strokes. I would love to mix it with the attributes of my other stick. Serve and volley with diablo and groundstrokes from my current stick.

Its also easier on my arm.

$80.00 with brand new strings. 4 3/8 grip size.

You don't have to be a pro to use it. a 3.5 player will do just fine with it. The power is inbetween a tweener and players stick. It has plenty of power.

jonesrob@comcast.net

AStanford
06-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Yes, I'm most definately interested. I sent you an e-mail about the racket.

AStanford
06-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Bump to hope that Robert Jones sees this