PDA

View Full Version : PC Customization Problem

ragnaROK
05-31-2004, 05:56 PM
I have a couple of the 2003 PureControls team stds but after trying out the older PCs, I found it hit a heavier ball and was more stable. Im not too familar with using lead tape, but what can I do with lead tape to change the hitting specs of the 2003s to the 2001s?

ragnaROK
05-31-2004, 09:02 PM
anybody?

Steve Huff
06-01-2004, 03:57 AM
You going to first have to weigh the rackets. Go to WalMart and pick up a postal scale for <$20. Weigh them. Now get some lead tape and cut of the amount you need. Next, balance the frames. Use a ruler and the edge of a table. With the handle off the table, put the racket head of the older model on the table, start sliding the racket off the table until the head lifts up slightly. Mark that spot and measure that spot from the end of the grip. Now, set the newer model on the table at the same balance point as you measured the first. It will either set there without moving or it will start lifting the head to fall off. This will give you an idea of where to add lead tape. Of course, you don't have to add it all in one place. you could end up adding some to the top and some to the bottom. I'd add as much as possible to 3 and 9 o'clock, then use the rest to counter the weight in the handle. A little trial and error will get the job done. Or if you're a USRSA member, you could go to the racket customizer program. It would still help to have you weight and balance. This program will give you several options on where to place the tape to achieve the same balance and weight of the one you like.

ragnaROK
06-01-2004, 05:36 AM
thx Steve, I'll try that. But why 3 and 9 specifically?