PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

wings56
12-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Is it just me or do you guys try to post anything you can, anytime you can? I find myself trying to see how many replies I can get to my threads and how many posts I can make each day. Just wondering. There I go again, this thread has no point.

Masamusou
12-10-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm sure this post alone will cause more than one individual to block your posts from now on. Realize the board is for exchange of information, but posts like these and most of your other posts simply flood the information channels, making it more difficult for people to sift through the, well, crap that is posted. It's going downhill quickly. I sound so old with those comments.

rilokiley
12-10-2005, 03:51 PM
hmm that tag under your username doesn't mean shiat.
But I do like coming here--it's just that tennis fans seem to have a lot in common, and I like talking about anything tennis related.

FedererUberAlles
12-10-2005, 04:51 PM
No wonder your posts suck.

Sixpointone
12-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Honestly, I prefer quality over quantity. Some members with a high post count certain are a wealth of information. But the same goes for many members with lower post totals. So I try not to post unless I can either help, or if it is something I feel is interesting that I would like to comment on.

wings56
12-10-2005, 08:34 PM
But it seems that if you don't have several post by your name, then people think you don't have any idea of what you're talking about.

Yours!05
12-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Is it just me or do you guys try to post anything you can, anytime you can? I find myself trying to see how many replies I can get to my threads and how many posts I can make each day. Just wondering. There I go again, this thread has no point.I wish it was just you. As Masamusou said, you'll soon be on many ppls Ignore Lists. What use is a high post count if no-one's reading what you say?

armand
12-10-2005, 08:45 PM
But it seems that if you don't have several post by your name, then people think you don't have any idea of what you're talking about.Not at all. The first thing I look for is a proper use of the language. There are many around here who have high post counts but can't put together a proper sentence if their lives depended on it. That's not to say they're bad tennis players, it's just that people who are more 'aware'(for lack of a better term) are the best coaches, teachers etc in all areas of sports+life.

atatu
12-11-2005, 02:06 PM
I consider myself an "addict" and I post daily, but when I see people with three times as many posts as I have, I wonder how much time they spend here ?

SageOfDeath
12-11-2005, 09:49 PM
But it seems that if you don't have several post by your name, then people think you don't have any idea of what you're talking about.

buah, there are lots of people with a thousand posts but may not know what they are talking about. Quality over quantity. I know of some users that have a low post count but contribute a lot so they are remembered. And there are of course users with both high post counts and quality posts.

See but you made a good step, anytime you want to post something random put it in odds and ends. Anytime you want to post something with a rant or a rave put it in rants and raves. How convinient!

Unfortunately some users decide to not use common sense and that's when you have to sift through threads or when people ask a question that has been asked many times before because they don't know how to use the search engine, myself guilty.