PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

Rustam Bana
12-10-2005, 10:19 PM
Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I have been away from the game for 20 odd years but me and an old college friend have got the tennis itch again and we hope to start playing as soon as we get round to getting membership at the courts near our place.

Unlike my friend, who was a decent tennis player, I used to play tennis between games of squash. You could say I was self taught but how much of that was good could probably be written on a stamp.

Back then I had a Adidas GTX Pro, which I still have, and knew nothing about the technicalities of the game or equipment - I still don't. However, thanks to the internet, I hope to remedy that to some extent.

I added a Babolat Classic Lite Ti to my kit (if you can call it that!:rolleyes: ) yesterday. The decision was based on price as I don't want to splurge at this point of time. Compared to the GTX it's a fair bit lighter and I wonder if that's a good thing. Just out of curiosity, could experienced users tell me the pros and cons of this racquet. Don't spare my feelings, as I well realise one usually gets what one pays for.;) :D

Whilst I am looking forward to some non-virtual coaching, I would also be grateful if you folks could advice me along the way in all aspects of the game.

Thanks and best wishes.

Rustam

tennis-n-sc
12-11-2005, 04:44 AM
Good Luck and let us know how it goes.