PDA

View Full Version : Am I evil?

Mr.Federer
12-11-2005, 11:34 AM
So the other I was playing some doubles(boriiiing!) and the coach had set the teams. Me and another guy vs another guy and his sister.So we were playing and I was at net and the sister was at net aswell. The other guy did a lob and I smashed it( a very hard one) and I popped the guy's sister right on her throat.I came up to her immediately and apologized like 5 times. I really didn't do it on purpose nor did I see her when I was looking at the ball while smashing. I really felt bad, but I don't know why a part of me, deep down inside of me was kinda laughing. Am I an evil guy?

goober
12-11-2005, 11:38 AM
yes laughing (even inside) at somebody you just injured is pretty evil.

Mr.Federer
12-11-2005, 11:49 AM
yes laughing (even inside) at somebody you just injured is pretty evil.

But I didn't really injure her, she took only a minute to recuperate and she came back...so....

Docalex007
12-11-2005, 11:53 AM
No, your really not evil.

We all have two personality types, almost always contradicting one another. The first one is your social awareness personality. Its the one that is telling you to apologize and makes you feel bad for what you did. The other is the more "natural" and apathetic side telling you it is indeed pretty hilarious.

I hate to bring this up but its indeed a sad fact. When we see maybe a homeless guy, or someone who is handicapped, our "morally-trained" conscious makes us feel pity for that person while our "natural" more primitive conscious makes us feel secure and delightful because you have the advantage over that person.

All I can tell you, accept it...but don't let that natural primitive side override your moral, more human like side. Indeed, it is this that separates us from the other primates.

Aykhan Mammadov
12-11-2005, 01:31 PM
...I really felt bad, but I don't know why a part of me, deep down inside of me was kinda laughing.

I agree with Docalex007 in general.

Meantime yr last sentence is quite contradictory and the matter is in it. If u " really felt bad" then immediately or close to the moment of yr smash u couldn't laugh inside. If u laughed inside at the same time or near the moment u couldn't " really felt bad", it wasn't real then.

Docalex007 is right, but in such situations also the timing of yr feelings play great role in determining of who u are. Of course, if something bad happened a man can't feel bad the rest of his life, and every sad moment will be forgotten and healed by the time.

But if immediately u started laughing, not later, u have some evil in u.

Another theme for discussion that maybe biggest part of people have this kind evil inside. In any case u are not alone.

Mr.Federer
12-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Well at first, I was like oh my god! but like maybe a minute or two have passed and then this laughter came up to me. I always have this problem when somebody gets hurt(not too seriously) I laugh. Like when a dude falls down the stairs or gets whacked by something.Ah well, thanks.

wings56
12-11-2005, 03:44 PM
thats awesome, I love pegs

theazneyes
12-11-2005, 05:42 PM
As long as there is no long term damage it's fine. Getting hit is part of tennis. At least you didn't hit her anywhere on the face, especially the eye. Or getting hit in the man jewels. Either way, the feelings you get doesn't make you evil. It's natural. While it's not GOOD to be laughing inside, it's just one of those things you want to prevent, yet the laughter inside still exists.

Phil
12-11-2005, 06:54 PM
So the other I was playing some doubles(boriiiing!) and the coach had set the teams. Me and another guy vs another guy and his sister.So we were playing and I was at net and the sister was at net aswell. The other guy did a lob and I smashed it( a very hard one) and I popped the guy's sister right on her throat.I came up to her immediately and apologized like 5 times. I really didn't do it on purpose nor did I see her when I was looking at the ball while smashing. I really felt bad, but I don't know why a part of me, deep down inside of me was kinda laughing. Am I an evil guy?

No, you're not "evil"-you're just another creepy little a-hole. Dime a dozen you are...

oscar_2424
12-11-2005, 07:01 PM

you ara not evil you are dumb

Ronaldo
12-11-2005, 07:16 PM
At least you know after posting today, there's another one that just got away. Way to make brownie points brah.

Tchocky
12-12-2005, 10:31 AM
How could she not be hurt if you hit an overhead into her throat? I think you may want to speak with a psychiatrist if you think that's funny.

Mr.Federer
12-12-2005, 11:08 AM
No, you're not "evil"-you're just another creepy little a-hole. Dime a dozen you are...

lol...

Rumjungle
12-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Honestly, if that happened between me and my group of friends, we'd all be rolling on the floor laughing. It wasn't a malicious act. Accidents happen and they're almost always funny...just because it happened to a woman doesn't change this fact. There are blooper TV shows that thrive because of it.

Slazenger
12-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Yes you are evil.
You know you are. That's why you posted in the first place.

FiveO
12-12-2005, 11:35 AM

If you don't have the control to hit a tactically sound and safely in the direction of an opposing net player, don't do it.

It's more risky than you think as far as causing injury. A tennis ball can never cause the damage "projectiles" in other sports can. However, hitting "a very hard (tennis ball)" in the direction of someone at net, w/o confidence that you can keep the ball down below the opponent's waist is dangerous. That relatively soft ball striking a player in the eye can damage that opponent, some are laughing at, for life. In my years in the game I've seen two detached retinas caused by this both causing blindness to teens, on balls hit by other teens.

I don't think the potential for blinding someone in one eye as humorous. Forget being on the receiving end, how do you think you would handle being responsible for blinding someone? A little heavy, don't you think?

Be smart. Know your abilities. Know the situation. If you have any doubt regarding you ability or situation don't target any overheads anywhere near the net player.

Mr.Federer
12-13-2005, 11:04 AM
If you don't have the control to hit a tactically sound and safely in the direction of an opposing net player, don't do it.

It's more risky than you think as far as causing injury. A tennis ball can never cause the damage "projectiles" in other sports can. However, hitting "a very hard (tennis ball)" in the direction of someone at net, w/o confidence that you can keep the ball down below the opponent's waist is dangerous. That relatively soft ball striking a player in the eye can damage that opponent, some are laughing at, for life. In my years in the game I've seen two detached retinas caused by this both causing blindness to teens, on balls hit by other teens.

I don't think the potential for blinding someone in one eye as humorous. Forget being on the receiving end, how do you think you would handle being responsible for blinding someone? A little heavy, don't you think?

Be smart. Know your abilities. Know the situation. If you have any doubt regarding you ability or situation don't target any overheads anywhere near the net player.

I'll keep that in mind...seriously

BiGGieStuFF
12-13-2005, 12:02 PM
It's only evil if you laff on the outside.

Geezer Guy
12-13-2005, 12:04 PM
If you felt like laughing BEFORE you knew she was OK, you're evil.
If you laughed AFTER you knew she was OK then you're not evil, just a jerk.

MegacedU
12-13-2005, 12:26 PM
I once hit a Smash (which isn't saying much since it was post broken shoulder blade, but still) into my friend's FACE. The look she gave me was priceless and I actually did laugh, even though she was in pain. She still cringes when she's on the receiving end of my overheads.

I guess it was payback though, she laughed at me when I got the softball in the face.

PM_
12-13-2005, 12:52 PM
No offense but I'm going to defend Mr. Fed here:

The girl playing the net should have anticipated the overhead and turned her head. If I'm playing the net and my partner lofts an easy one for my opponent to smash, I'm not going to hang around to get pelted. I would normally turn my body 3/4s away and stick my racquet out for a fluke but that's it.

Socials, doubles, makes no difference. You're out there anywhere at all times to protect yourself.

Docalex007
12-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Is it just me or what because I just can't find anything funny in hitting someone with a smash. :confused:

Not because I think its unpolite or whatever, just because its not funny. Now, seeing someone whiff their serve.....wow, hilarious!

MegacedU
12-13-2005, 02:00 PM
This is unrelated, but someone falling down the stairs is funny too.

Mr.Federer
12-13-2005, 03:33 PM
No offense but I'm going to defend Mr. Fed here:

The girl playing the net should have anticipated the overhead and turned her head. If I'm playing the net and my partner lofts an easy one for my opponent to smash, I'm not going to hang around to get pelted. I would normally turn my body 3/4s away and stick my racquet out for a fluke but that's it.

Socials, doubles, makes no difference. You're out there anywhere at all times to protect yourself.

well actually the coach was right there, and the first he said was when you're at net and the opposing player prepares for a smash, the player at net should always back up.That's exactly what the girl didn't do...but at the end even the girl who got smacked laughed ans so did her bro...

PM_
12-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Yeah of course. Back up first if you have time but she didn't do either.
MF, I defended your shot selection when in doubles, but the laughing matter is another story...:( :confused:

equinox
12-13-2005, 07:20 PM
That's not the way to pickup girls.

Clayplay
12-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Well at first, I was like oh my god! but like maybe a minute or two have passed and then this laughter came up to me. I always have this problem when somebody gets hurt(not too seriously) I laugh. Like when a dude falls down the stairs or gets whacked by something.Ah well, thanks.
it doesn't make you evil. it just shows that you have a sense of humour;)

snowpuppy
12-13-2005, 10:14 PM
I don't know, but maybe soon they'll begin to use kevlar in tennis for a different reason other than graphite substitude.