PDA

View Full Version : Yonex RD power 10 95

Pro_Tour_630
02-27-2004, 11:27 AM
Anyone here like this stick ?!?! If so what were your thoughts? I did not care for it since it was 27.5 and my forehands were going a bit long, I am thinking of cutting it down to 27 inch. It is a unique frame because of the head size being a true 95 and if I cut it I would imagine it would play like a more solid stiff Ti50 which I might like.

The two that I have I belive are 3/8 So if anyone is interested in them let me know before I cut them :roll:

@wright
02-27-2004, 12:04 PM
Michael, someone on these boards had cut theirs down and liked it alot better that way. THe extra .5 doesn't bother me, and I even have a one handed backhand. Were those racquets intended to be a replacement for your pro tours? Just wondering...Does anyone remember what the stiffness of the RD 10 is?

Pro_Tour_630
02-27-2004, 07:06 PM
awright are you interested in them? :evil: last call before I cut them, they were not intended to replce my PT630, nothing will :wink:

I loved the serve, amazing kick, my twoHBH and volleys we not a problem, my poblem was with my forehands, my biggest weapon and I can not swing out with a full swing, also there was that hollow sound and a "ping" coming from the stiffness of the frame,

kinsella
02-27-2004, 07:33 PM
I played cut down RD-10s for quite a while and liked them at the time. I bought them from the famous Fabrice Leroy, who had boldly chosen to have 3 brand new RD10s cut to 27", only to find he did not really like them.

They compare most closely to an RD-7, but stiffer. They are truly massive and stable as could be. Getting them going on serve was an issue, but you don't need a lot of head speed to serve well with them. Spin galore. Volley champs. Off the ground, head speed was not at a premium either, to generate pace, spin and depth. Very Yonex old school.

I abandoned them because of maneuverability problems returning good serves.

kinsella
02-27-2004, 07:45 PM
Head, 95, SWT-335, WT - 12.4, Bal - 6 HL, Flex - 68, Beam 22/23mm (Wt based on 4 1/2-5/8 grip)

@wright
02-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Wow, they don't feel like a 68 stiffness to me. Mine may be fatigued down to the 63-65 range. I use soft strings too. The funny thing about the RD 10 is I played with the C10 pro during my RD 10 hiatus, and I actually got more power off the ground with the C10, which is flexier, more headlight, and lighter! That racquet has a secret power stash that I could never find.

Pro_Tour_630
02-27-2004, 08:16 PM
stiffness on a 27.5 is closer to 65 than 70 I would imagine if I cut them they would be closer to 70, the thing I like most about this stick is the high modulus graphite wich is a rarity these days, helps with stability and feel,

among the pros that used this stick was Rios, Kucera, and woddy brothers

@wright
02-27-2004, 08:29 PM
One of my favorite things about the RD 10 is the consistent stringbed, which is a rarity these days from the newer bats I've demoed. The sweetspot is generous, but when you hit it the ball comes off with a confident "thud". The RD 10 has VERY little vibration due to the shockless grommets, so a dampener is not needed unless you want a DEAD feel. The other thing is how it punishes the ball on groundies, plowing through it.

Pro_Tour_630
02-27-2004, 08:36 PM
Alan that "thud" is more like a "ping" compared to the PT630 :roll:

Anonymous
02-28-2004, 09:00 AM
awright are you interested in them? :evil: last call before I cut them, they were not intended to replce my PT630, nothing will :wink:

I loved the serve, amazing kick, my twoHBH and volleys we not a problem, my poblem was with my forehands, my biggest weapon and I can not swing out with a full swing, also there was that hollow sound and a "ping" coming from the stiffness of the frame,

Michael, you're supposed to hit the ball so hard that it is across from the net before the ping sound travels to your ears. :evil:

tennisplayer
02-28-2004, 11:45 AM
Michael, I love the RD-10 and have five of them, but I use size 4 1/2 grip. I used to have the same problem as you with the forehand. But I've increased my topspin to the extent where my forehand is my most reliable weapon once again.