PDA

View Full Version : Just bought Gamma X-2

nicko013
06-01-2004, 09:50 AM
hey

im recently new to stringing, and i decided to buy a new machine. i just bought the Gamma X-2 over the ATS SS2 because of the free shipping offer. The ATS looks sturdier in the pics, and it probably is. the X-2's base isnt too heavy, and it is a problem sometimes.
so if anyone has questions go ahead.

also, i just strung my TT Warrior MP on it, and noticed some distortion. the Length is the same, but it looked like one side of the racquet is wider, and the other one is more vertical....if you understand that aha...so i cut the strings out, and im wondering if you have any suggestions.

thanks.

-nicko

Gaines Hillix
06-01-2004, 04:24 PM
nick, you are right to be concerned, but we really need more information. How did you string the racquet; one piece or two? Did you string the crosses from the top down or bottom up? What tension did you use on the mains and crosses and what type of string did you use?

rich s
06-01-2004, 06:47 PM
did you string the mains 50/50 or all one side then all the other?

nicko013
06-01-2004, 10:39 PM
i did 2 piece stringing, strung top to bottom, strung both mains and crosses at 56lbs, and i strung it with Babolat Super Fine Play

i restrung it tonight w/wilson syn gut extreme, and it seems to be looking a lil better...i strung the crosses at 60 and mains at 55...but it could still be better, so if you have any ideas i'd greatly appreciate them

--nick