PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Tennis Life Magazine

Dedans Penthouse
12-15-2005, 04:57 AM
Was browsing in one of the local Border's Book/Music Stores (to repace my "Paul's Boutique" CD that my little brother didn't return--I think I've got a better chance of seeing God)...but I digress: in the periodical section, I saw some tennis magazines. Most of them (besides Tennis magazine) were "tennis lifestyle" type magazines with fluff features on players, tennis fashion, etc.. There was one magazine however that I hadn't see before called "Tennis Life."

www.TennisLifeMagazine.com

The magazine itself physically resembled a supplement to a "regular" magazine, that is, it was kind of skimpy in terms of pages, but unlike the others it did contain some instructional articles. On the website however, it only has (I think) one small teaser instrx article and overall the website gives only a portion of what's contained inside the hardcopy issue--not surprising given that this magazine does have a shelf/subscription price. I am not affiliated with this "rag" in any way so I'm not hawking it or squawkin' about it either way--I'm just giving a "heads up" in saying that there is another "tennis rag" out there if your interested. The Fed-o-philes will however, love the Nick Bollitieri article in which the diminuative sun-raisin Nick proclaims Fed as the greatest of all time.

Sidebar: The "Store" section contains some (shall we say "amusing?") "Official Andy Roddick" T's and Sweatshirts with Mardy Fish and the Bryan Bros. emblazoned on the front (along with Andy). Whew....lame-city.

Fee
12-15-2005, 09:39 AM
'Sun-raisin Nick' classic!

You can always buy your official Andy R. merchandise direclty from his website DP, or you can get a Mardy Fish totebag at mardytennis.com. (I won't tell anyone if you do...)

Noelle
12-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Mardyyyyyyyy :lol:

I remember this board had a poll once about which tennis magazine was better: Tennis Life or TENNIS? For instructional stuff I think Tennis Life got higher marks.

Donnie Darko
05-23-2006, 09:52 AM
'Sun-raisin Nick' classic!

You can always buy your official Andy R. merchandise direclty from his website DP, or you can get a Mardy Fish totebag at mardytennis.com. (I won't tell anyone if you do...)

I love my Mardy tote. I always take it to Starbucks and to yoga class. So handy.