PDA

View Full Version : i.prestige mid vs. rok

Justyn Daniell
02-27-2004, 03:04 PM
any comparisons?

Coda
02-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Both are control rackets. I think that the i.Prestige because of the intellifibers has a dead feel to it that I hated. The ROK has a very nice feel. I loved the ROK hated the i.Prestige.

Deuce
02-28-2004, 12:04 AM
I liked the iPrestige much more than the ROK. The iPrestige is a solid frame; the ROK is like a flimsy toy in comparison.

ps 6.0
02-28-2004, 02:47 AM
Very true, the i.prestige felt alot more solid on everything. The rok seemed odd, a little unstable, and i couldn't get a feel on the rok, not even on my serve.

vin
02-28-2004, 07:40 AM
I agree with coda. Most of the head racquets feel dead to me. I don't think the i.prestige or the lm radical feel solid at all.

I would agree that the rok doesn't feel solid off the shelf, but mine is very solid with lead tape.

Obviously the head racquets can be made more solid with tape also, but I think the rok has a crisper feeling.

Vin

Flatspin
02-29-2004, 01:55 PM
I certainly do not want to criticize anyone and frame they may play with. This is intended to voice my opinion on this subject. The "Rok" certainly deserves to be labled a good frame. The "Rok" was Wilson's attempt to compete with the i Prestige mid. IMHO the i Prestige mid is one of a select few great frames to come along in a while. Those who say the i Prestige lacks feel, I really don't understand. It has excellent feel, very comfortable and easy on the joints. Perhaps those who feel that it lacks "feel" have just become so accustomed to the overly harsh feed-back of a "poor" frame. The i Prestige mid, IMHO, is a superior frame to the "Rok" in every way. The i Prestige mid is the frame that presently all other mids are compared too. Very evident by the many posts at this forum and the large following of fans of this excellent frame. The i Prestige wins "hands down"!!!! No contest. But, as has been said before ..."different strokes for different folks"!!!!!! :wink:

vin
02-29-2004, 02:15 PM
flatspin,

I guess I should have expanded on 'dead'. I agree that the i.prestige is a very comfortable racquet. I also did not mean that it has no feel. By dead, I meant that the racquet feels like it is absorbing too much of the impact for my liking. Despite their equal flex ratings, I found the ROK a bit more crisp and not sucking as much out of the impact. I didn't spend very much time with the i.prestige, so it's highly possible that I'm off in my comparison. This discussion actually makes me curious about hitting with it again. Especially one with a bit of extra weight added to it.

This absorbing feeling seems to be common among head racquets. The LM radical is one of the most flexible feeling racquets I've hit with and it's flex rating is a 64, which is not really that flexible of a rating.

Vin