PDA

View Full Version : My PD is Drivin Me Crazy!

Kris Will
06-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Hey guys... PLEASE tell me... What's the highest MAXIMUM tension, outside of the recommended tension that I can string my 2 Babotlat Pure Drives so as to negate that annoying woofer system and not worry about them breaking? I currently string at 64lbs and it's till a bit powerful...

Also I want the racquet 2 feel more stable...
I've seen a pro out here string at 70lbs using Luxillon Big Banger string...

Any Advice? :x :x

ucd_ace
06-01-2004, 05:29 PM
From what I understand, you have to string your racquets between 50-55lbs for the woofer system to work.

ambro
06-01-2004, 05:37 PM
He doesn't want the Woofer to work. Once it's above 55 lbs, it should not do what it is meant for. Maybe just add some lead tape to 3 & 9 for the stability, but you would have to add some to the handle to counterweight or it will make it even more powerful.

David Pavlich
06-01-2004, 05:37 PM
If you're stringing with 64lbs, you're well above the max. Of course the max is set so that you don't eliminate the Woofer effect. Again, my Babolat rep said that you can string at 65 without concern.

You didn't mention what string you're using. If it's a multi like NXT or Live Wire, then you could try Prince syn w/duraflex or Wilson Stamina to tame it a little. Or you could go to a poly/syn hybrid to mute it a little more. Then you could go to a full poly job to mute it further. The last deal would be a Kevlar/syn hybrid. It depends on how much stress your arm can handle as the PD is a stiff racquet to start with.

David

Matt H.
06-01-2004, 05:48 PM
there's a guy playing right now at the Challenger in Tallahassee that has his PD strung at 77. :shock:

He said 70 was a bit loose for him. :shock:

Datacipher
06-01-2004, 10:35 PM
He doesn't want the Woofer to work. Once it's above 55 lbs, it should not do what it is meant for. Maybe just add some lead tape to 3 & 9 for the stability, but you would have to add some to the handle to counterweight or it will make it even more powerful.

It will become more powerful regardless of whether you add handle weight. In fact adding handle weight will increase the power more albeit only slightly.

Jaro
06-01-2004, 11:57 PM
Try Lux TiMo at max tension or ... change the racquet. I had the same problem with PD, even with TiMo at 62lbs it was too powerful. Now I play with Prince Diablo MP and I'm very satisfied.

califaschica59
06-02-2004, 10:30 AM
I use the PD+ and I string mine at 67. Wow--77 is incredibly tight, even for a pro. I was talking to one of the pros that trains at the club I work at, and she was amazed that I strung mine so tight.

Kris Will
06-02-2004, 11:13 AM
Thanks Guys... I am using Full Poly... So it is tamed, and I guess I'll just up the tension 2 66 or so. I can't just change racquets, it's a bit expensive. But U guys helped alot, so THANKS...

:D :D :) :) :lol: :lol:

77?!.... :shock: :shock: