PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Pittsburgh...

volleys_tennis_master
12-17-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm a senior in high school, and am considering attending Carnegie Mellon University. All the material i have read about their team is all really positive, so its kinda hard to judge them. Can anyone tell me how good their tennis team really is?

bubs
12-17-2005, 06:28 PM
Hey... I was a grad student at CMU and just moved from there in the summer. The tennis team is div 3 I think and its reasonably good. It certainly isnt oen of the top tennis teams in the nation :) I didnt follow the stats so I'll leave that to you. But dependning on what your area of study is, CMU can be great just for the studies.

FedererUberAlles
12-17-2005, 06:47 PM
I used to live in Pitt. What school do you go to?

Hartzy
12-17-2005, 07:02 PM
I just got accepted into Pitt. Probably going to Hofstra though.:(

volleys_tennis_master
12-17-2005, 09:36 PM
I used to live in Pitt. What school do you go to?
if ur talking to me, i go to davis senior high school in davis, ca.

volleys_tennis_master
12-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey... I was a grad student at CMU and just moved from there in the summer. The tennis team is div 3 I think and its reasonably good. It certainly isnt oen of the top tennis teams in the nation :) I didnt follow the stats so I'll leave that to you. But dependning on what your area of study is, CMU can be great just for the studies.
I know that its a pretty academic school, so im not too worried about that. I'm just trying to gauge my chances of making the team. btw, what did u study?

bubs
12-18-2005, 12:53 AM
I know that its a pretty academic school, so im not too worried about that. I'm just trying to gauge my chances of making the team. btw, what did u study?

If you play for your high school team and are a solid 4.0 then you have a good chance of making it. Let me know if you need someone to hit with... I have some contacts. I finished a Masters degree in CS and ECE

FedererUberAlles
12-18-2005, 05:46 AM

xD I thought you were in Pittsburgh.

volleys_tennis_master
12-19-2005, 12:11 PM
thanks bubs,
i live in ca tho. i've talked to the coach at cmu and he was mostly looking for rankings, which (1) i dont have, (2) usually tell jack diddly about someone. if i get accepted, i'll probably visit and talk to the coach face to face.

Fee
12-19-2005, 01:28 PM

Afraid if you go to the Bay area you'll run into Vaclav or Alp? ;)

volleys_tennis_master
12-22-2005, 11:23 AM
Afraid if you go to the Bay area you'll run into Vaclav or Alp? ;)

Exactly

Fee
12-22-2005, 12:14 PM
ROFL...

By the way, ask your coach to call the Carnegie Mellon coach. Probably wouldn't hurt to have the two men shoot the breeze with each other a little bit, man to man, talking the business and such. Dale is pretty good at that type of stuff and he might be able to get an idea of how competitive the team is for you (and he knows how good you are). Couldn't hurt, right? Good luck, keep us posted. :D

volleys_tennis_master
12-22-2005, 07:18 PM
a little ahead of u, fiona...
we'll see, the coach isnt much older than the players...