PDA

View Full Version : What does head light do?

ambro
06-01-2004, 06:51 PM
What does making a racquet more head light do? And how head light should I make it? I want to add some to 3 & 9 but also put a bunch on the handle to make it about 10 or so points head light. How much should I put at 3/9 and the handle? Same with a Prince More Control DB800? I want to put some at 3/9 and make it about 10 points head light. Where and how much? Thanks a bunch to anyone who can help.

Deuce
06-01-2004, 10:39 PM
If you don't know what to do, or what effect it will have, then why do you want to do this?

Usually, people add weight to achieve a specific effect that they know beforehand.

bcaz
06-01-2004, 10:47 PM
Well, this is true, but it's also helpful to know what racquet you are trying to modify. In general, 10 pts. HL is pretty darn HL. I play at 9-10 pts. HL and need close to 13 oz. to get any real stick on the ball. The beauty of going very HL is being abale to volley with touch and with authority and to be able to control and spin your serves to every part of the box. You give up power from the baseline. Give more details and you are likely to get some useful advice from the HL posters.

ambro
06-02-2004, 03:32 PM
If you don't know what to do, or what effect it will have, then why do you want to do this?

Usually, people add weight to achieve a specific effect that they know beforehand.I knew some of the effects like that it would make it easier to swing and more maneuverable, but I wanted to know if there were any other side effects. Like head heavy gives more power I thought this may do that opposite and give more control.

bcaz - Thanks a bunch for your help. It sounds exactly like what I am trying to do with the lead.