PDA

View Full Version : PracticeHit -- Update

jackzon
02-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the PracticeHit. It looks pretty good from the web site. Especially if the endorsements are for real.

Brent Pederson
03-03-2004, 05:51 PM
I have something similar sold by eagnas called the tennis trainer, which is a great thing for indoor practice, and learning to line up the ball properly, etc. This one looks even better, and cheaper! I may get one...

jackzon
03-06-2004, 08:33 AM
I decided to buy it. It's only about $50 with tax, S+H. Less than I pay for a lesson. I'll report back if and when I have anything worthwhile to say.

jackzon
03-08-2004, 06:24 PM
The PracticeHit arrived today. Fortunately I had an hour break in my schedule at work right after it came in. It took about five to ten minutes to figure out how to set it up. It comes with a video - I watched about 5 minutes of it, enough to get the idea. I was practicing my strokes within 10 to 15 minutes after the mailman left.

It only took a couple of tries to get used to it and feel like I was doing some good swinging. I think it will be fun and help my game.

My immediate impression is that it is definitely worth the money. Of course it depends on what else you have available at the moment. If you can always go out to the tennis courts when you have ten minutes of down time and hit with an excellent instructor, then you might not want this.

I'm on the other side of the spectrum. I'm often so busy at work that I don't play tennis for two weeks or more. So if I can hit for five or ten minutes between clients, I'm a happy guy.

I'll report back if anything else develops, like if I win my club's championship this year.. :lol:

George
03-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Jackzon,

Which model did you get? and does it look durable?

Thanks ,
George

cross_court_kid
03-08-2004, 06:46 PM
what is the link to this site or whatever

jackzon
03-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Jackzon,

Which model did you get? and does it look durable?

Thanks ,
George

I got the cheaper one. The base will last a million years. There's a big rubber band which might wear out after a lot of use. The stick with the ball looks pretty sturdy. But remember, the whole thing only cost $40 plus s&h, half the cost of a lesson for me.

jackzon
03-08-2004, 06:59 PM
what is the link to this site or whatever

practicehit.com

George
03-08-2004, 07:07 PM
Thanks for your reply Jackzon,

How do you find the height? I am interested in the bigger one, it said to be taller 40" and more durable. I am concern it is too tall because I am only 5'4". With the small, one can alway put it on a base to raise the height. BungalowBill who is very active in the Tips section also order a few and will be give us a feedback in the Tips forum. Looking forward it. Again thanks for your insight

George

jackzon
03-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Thanks for your reply Jackzon,

How do you find the height? I am interested in the bigger one, it said to be taller 40" and more durable. I am concern it is too tall because I am only 5'4". With the small, one can alway put it on a base to raise the height. BungalowBill who is very active in the Tips section also order a few and will be give us a feedback in the Tips forum. Looking forward it. Again thanks for your insight

George

I'd go with the smaller one. In the video they show someone using one placed on a picnic table, practicing shoulder level returns. In other words, you can always raise it. I'm sure if I wanted to hit a bit higher I could just put some bricks on the ground and put it on top. To lower it, I'd have to dig a hole in the floor. I don't think my landlord would be too happy. :wink:

BTW, maybe I should have mentioned earlier that I'm a 3.5. Maybe better players won't like it as much.