PDA

View Full Version : After a match....I sweat so badly that it looks like I swam!

Andy Zarzuela
06-01-2004, 06:41 PM
I really need help to get my sweating down. I know I need to get into better shape. But what if I get in really good shape? Am I just a natural sweater?
________
THE CIGAR BOSS (http://thecigarboss.com/)

Ruuzo
06-02-2004, 09:01 AM
I have the same problem with sweating. I think we're just built this way.

By the way, I remember hearing Patrick Rafter was also an intense sweater and went to several doctors looking for a solution. I think he just drank more liquids.

bee
06-25-2004, 09:54 PM
MAN, I LOVE TO SWEAT SO MUCH THAT MY T-SHIRT (IF I'M WEARING ONE) IS ABSOLUTELY DRENCHED WITH PERSPIRATION. AND I'M NOT A PARTICULARLY HEAVY SWEATING PERSON. BUT, I AM INTENSE, AND I KNOW WHEN I'M SOAKED LIKE THAT I'VE HAD A INTENSELY POSITIVE EXERCISE AND FITNESS EXPERIENCE AND THAT'S A GOOD PART OF WHAT I'M ON THE TENNIS COURT TO DO.

FOR ME. IT'S A GOOD THING. LOVE IT!

BEE

splink779
07-28-2004, 07:24 PM
I totally agree with you bee. If you're not sweating alot you're not working hard enough.

bcaz
07-29-2004, 12:37 AM
It's a good thing. It usually means your body is processing water and using it to cool your skin quickly and efficiently.

BSousa
07-29-2004, 01:05 AM
I have the same problem, I just tend to ignore it, but

There is a chronic sweating disease.... well not disease, like an heredetary thing. Some people just grasping a glass of water for 20 seconds start sweating like hell.

This can be controlled in your arms by cutting some kind of gland or tube reducing the sweating to almost nill. No idea what are the side effects when you are exercising in the hot sun thou since sweating is needed to cool your body. I don't know about any 'all aroudn body' solutions for this, but if you guys want, I can talk to a friend that is a doctor and has performed this surgery a couple times.

Bruno

Rickson
07-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Sweating is just the body's way of cooling itself. I'd worry if I didn't sweat much because that would mean something's wrong.

Ronaldo
07-30-2004, 09:31 AM
It does mean you better really hydrate continually when exercising including tennis. Watched a few too many weekend warriors wilt during the summer USTA playoffs. Seems most believe pitchers of beer are going to hydrate best.

esquimaux
07-31-2004, 01:48 PM
I hate it because the rotation from hitting a forehand *slings* the sweat all over my handle and grip. If I leave my wristbands at home, I'm toast. I've been thinking about putting 2 wristbands on each arm :(

speedofpain88
08-01-2004, 11:13 PM
I sweat a lot too. There are times that when I take off my shirt after we finish playing I can squeeze out enough sweat that would make a nice puddle. Some people just sweat more than others. It's good. Sweating doesn't have that much to do with how fit you are.

Bertchel Banks
08-02-2004, 09:04 PM
I've been noticing a lot of sweating lately. Five minutes of hard hitting and my t-shirt is drenched. I"ve noticed increasing amounts of sweat coming down from the head.

Another thing I've noticed is during the winter if I wear a down jacket or otherwise get padded up, my pits with soak through my shirt.