PDA

View Full Version : Soft Poly or something else for string breakers??

Mark55
02-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Right now I use Big Banger Alu but now I think it it started to bother my arm, so what would u recommend for something that plays like this but is softer and as durable or preferably more durable. Thanks

kentuckytennisdude
02-28-2004, 05:04 AM
Tennis Warehouse just got some new Luxilon strings in.. One of them is called SuperPoly and its $4.99

I would check it out :)

Jerry Seinfeld
02-28-2004, 06:23 AM
My favorite playing soft poly is Topspin's Poly Polar, followed by Kirschbaum's Touch Turbo. You may want to give these a try. To soften up the stringbed you may also consider going with a hybrid. You could probably throw in some Bow Brand gut for the crosses with the Poly Polar for about the same cost as you are paying for your full Lux jobs. This would give you the durability you are seeking while possibility improving the playability.

Good luck

borisboris
02-28-2004, 11:44 AM
My arm couldn't handle the Kirsch SS Honey anymore - even @ 55 lbs. Switched to Touch Turbo & all is well. Best poly I've played with--price-durability-playability & arm friendly as far as a poly is concerned.

kentuckytennisdude
02-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Pacific PolySoft is a very good soft poly. So is the new Luxilon LTS and SuperPoly