PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop MW 95 replacement?

DrewRafter8
06-01-2004, 08:42 PM
Wow, this message board sure has changed since last year. I took about a eight month hiatus from the tennis world and returned to play about three weeks ago. I'm still playing with my ole Dunlop Muscle Weave and decided that I should get updated. I've never had two and have always used a C-10 Pro as backup. I was looking at the new Volkl 10 mid V-Engine, since I like the Volkl feel and the numbers (stiffness and swingweight) are similiar to the 200G. Can anyone offer any comparisons, impressions, or other racquet suggestions? By the way, I don't really like the Yonex feel (have a MP Tour 1) and recently demoed the Tour 95. I think I would like the Tour 90 better but I'm limited to what I can get. I am and always will be a big serving S&V player who still can get around the baseline. Thanks for the input!!

Drew

Mike Werblin
06-02-2004, 11:52 AM
I also was a Dunlop MW 200G-95 user for a long time. I have not found any racquet to exactly replace it but I am currently using the Head LM Prestige-Mid. It has slightly more power than the MW but a similiarly comfortable/flexy feel. Not as flexy as the MW 200G-95 but still quite soft playing compared with current racquets. I'd definitely suggest you try it out.

ucd_ace
06-02-2004, 12:46 PM
I played with a MW 200g 95 for almost three years until just recently. I can't really say I was able to replace it, but now I'm playing with a Bab Pure Control. I demoed just about everything and never found a true replacement for the MW, I hoping that the next line of Dunlop racquets come out they'll have a racquet more similar to the it.