PDA

View Full Version : Asu Wins National Title!!!!

TripleB
12-20-2005, 05:31 AM
I just wanted to give a shout out for my alma mater -

APPALACHIAN STATE UNIVERSITY

who won the NCAA 1-AA National Championship in Football last Friday.

Way to go MOUNTAINEERS !!!

TripleB

Kevin T
12-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Congrats, Tripple B. I love Boone, NC. One of my favorite stomping grounds. I bartended in college while at Va Tech and went there a few weeks during the summer to help train. Was Macado's there in 1991? Take care.

tennis-n-sc
12-20-2005, 03:03 PM
TripleB, Congrats! Furman fan here we had some great games with Appy State. The two this year were awesome. Glad to keep the title in the Southern Conference.

TripleB
12-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Congrats, Tripple B. I love Boone, NC. One of my favorite stomping grounds. I bartended in college while at Va Tech and went there a few weeks during the summer to help train. Was Macado's there in 1991? Take care.

I believe it was open by 1991....I think it opened sometime while I was in college at ASU (1985 until 1991 <--- changed majors three times I think...computers to business to education....ended up making the best choice for me). Great place to eat....big selling point when it first opened was the frisbees you received with some of the meals. I haven't eaten there is at least 5 years....but now that you've mentioned it I think I'll need to go back there.

TripleB

Kevin T
12-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Ah, the Macado Flyer, eh? Tasty sandwich. My personal faves were the Sherlock Holmes (smoked turkey, provolone, coleslaw 1000island) and the Hindenberg (3 feet of pure love). Half price Hindy's on Monday during happy hour!! The best. Take care.

Dedans Penthouse
12-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Saw the game--congratulations!

Also congratulations to:

Division II champs, Grand Valley State
Division III champs, Mount Union College