PDA

View Full Version : frustrated

yonx
12-20-2005, 06:19 AM
don't know about you guys but i got very frustrated at times listening to the commentators during a live tennis match broadcast. Whatever out from their mouths don't add value to the enjoyment.
How i wish i could just shut them out selectively.

tennisislife
12-20-2005, 06:53 AM
lol..nice topic

Jonnyf
12-20-2005, 06:59 AM
you could just mute it. But sometimes they do say worthwhile things

Mr.Federer
12-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Yes they can be annoying, but watching any sport without commentating or on mute is lifeless...

armand
12-20-2005, 11:49 AM
I remember when I lived in Europe you could push the equivalent of the SAP button(only there wasn't only a secondary but perhaps 6 or 7) and one option was no commentators, but you could still hear the players, crowd etc. I miss that.

Skppr05
12-20-2005, 01:34 PM
whenever i mute mine subtitles come up and they're HUGE so ts not worth muting. I enjoy them

Baseline Basher
12-20-2005, 04:12 PM
I remember when I lived in Europe you could push the equivalent of the SAP button(only there wasn't only a secondary but perhaps 6 or 7) and one option was no commentators, but you could still hear the players, crowd etc. I miss that.

That is an excellent idea. I would totally use that...

yonx
12-23-2005, 12:28 AM

that is exactly what i am looking for and pray to have:-)

Deuce
12-23-2005, 12:56 AM
The BBC and John Barrett were wonderful 15 or 20 years ago.

They would talk, but only very sparsely - and would never run on. Just a word here, or a few words there... with the 'classy' British accent...

They would often show an entire changeover without saying one word.

Contrast this with the American announcers who view more than 3 seconds of 'dead air' with no human voice as an unpardonable sin.

The BBC is still the best - although they talk more now. And they've even taken the absurd step of hiring Mac the Mouth to ruin what was once the beautiful sound of a tennis match.