PDA

View Full Version : Help! Any professional racket shop in Europe & UK?

Ray Wong
06-02-2004, 02:41 AM
Liam, uk_skippy & the guys who live in Europe,

I will visit England this summer. I want to know where can I find the professional racket shop & which is yours recommendation?(I will stay in Liverpool, Chester & Manchester, maybe down to London), I didn't find any last time I had visited. Any suggestion for me? Thanks!

Russell Finch
06-02-2004, 06:33 AM
Wigmore Sports in Wigmore St (parallel to Oxford St) in London has good range but is pretty expensive.

Feņa14
06-02-2004, 11:38 AM
Good look mate!

If you find any good places please let me know!

I normally have to get my rackets of TW as POG's aren't sold in England.

I get my other stuff online as it's often cheaper and basically the only option.

Anybody got any POG's for sale in UK? :D

But Ray, if you do find any good places please inform me.

Thanks and I hope this helps!

-Liam

Kris Will
06-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Yeah... I agree with Russel... Wigmore Sports has a HUGE selection... The 1st time I went in there I was in Heaven... But U gotta remember that it's in London, where everything is super expensive, also, the location of the one I went to was in this huge store called Selfridge's... And that's like a creme de la creme store, saw some shoes in there 4 799 pounds :shock: ... Anyway, I think Wigmore's Ur best bet, I'll look it up in this UK Tennis Mag I have and try 2 inform U again. Good Luck.

roundiesee
06-03-2004, 12:15 AM
That's pretty funny Liam. BTW, presently are you using the POG (is it the mid?) or the Fischer Pro no. 1? And how do the 2 bats compare? I've always thought that *** and ********** were OK, except that their prices are steep. But then again, name me anything that isn't expensive in Blighty! :-)

Ray Wong
06-03-2004, 01:02 AM
First, thank you so much for all yours advise! :D

Second, Do you know is there any special edition racket for European market? For example in HK, we have Asian version Wilson Tour 90, it has "St. Vincent process" graphic on the throat.

Russell, if I go to Wigmore St., which underground station is nearest?

Thanks for yours help once again!

Feņa14
06-03-2004, 03:46 AM
roundiesee,

I am using a POG OS, I want a Mid but they are about as hard to find in England as finding tallent in Roddick!!

The Fischer is a toy compared to the POG, not nearly enough spin or feel, the only plus is the power.

Ray if you see a POG please let me know, I am willing to pay what ever for it!

As for the European models, there are some that are heavier (like Fischer Pro One FT). And we have a lighter Prince NXG aswell as the heavier one. I am sure that there are more but I can't think of any at the moment.

If they sell POG's in HK then you could bring a few over and see how much you can get for them. I will be willing to pay! Also the HK version of the Tour 90 would also be great to the British people!

Thanks,

-Liam

Russell Finch
06-03-2004, 05:58 AM
Ray

Bond Street is probably nearest.

Russell Finch
06-03-2004, 06:05 AM
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=528261&y=181255&z=1&sv=wigmore+street &st=1&tl=Wigmore+Street,+W1&searchp=newsearch.srf& mapp=newmap.srf

Shop is right by the E in Wigmore.

uk_skippy
06-03-2004, 10:53 AM
Hi Ray

I agree with Russell, Wigmore sports is a great rqt shop but it sells at London prices--->no discounts. Lat time I went to London I visited Lillywhotes in Piccadilly Circus. They had loads of rqts at great prices. Even had top rqts like Wilson Tour 90's & Head i.prestiges. If you get to Londn check it out. Its now part of the Sport & Soccer 'pile it high, sell it cheap' chain.

If you're after Volkl's, I'm an authrorised dealer and can probably better most other retails. If you're interested drop me a line paulskipp@theracquetstringer.co.uk