PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite Ben Stiller movie!

Klippy
12-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Hi all

Just wanna say, Ben Stiller is totally HILARIOUS. He is sooo funny and such a star. :razz: Which movie of his is your favourite, and why? I personally loved Zoolander the most. Awesomely funneee movie. :D

Vote away!

Klippy,

**Note**
The word : F O C K is disabled, in "Meet the F o c kers" ;)

Clayplay
12-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Meet the ****ers for me! I love the acting of Dustin Hoffman as Bernie ****er! :razz:

Klippy
12-21-2005, 12:04 AM
Aww, common! More votes! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. lol
a.k.a Mugatu in Zoolander :D

armand
12-21-2005, 12:36 AM
Envy
Jack Black, Christofer Walken and Rachel Weisz are in it too! It's has a similar feel to the film Old School but I thought Envy was funnier. It's one of those films that are so dumb, it's funny but this one is dumb in a less perceptive and more subtle way.
Couple of times I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe and thought my upper chest/throat was gonna collapse and my cheeks were gonna implode. Mercy!
You'll either love it or leave it. Anyone seen it or at least heard of it?

Klippy
12-21-2005, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the awesome review, adely. I'll have to watch it. :D

theace21
12-21-2005, 07:44 AM
Dodgeball
Zoolander

Tchocky
12-21-2005, 08:03 AM
"There's Something About Mary" is the funniest movie Ben has ever been in. Check out the Ben Stiller Show on DVD...it's from the early 90's, but it's still funny.

Ben42
12-21-2005, 08:31 AM
Gotta be Zero Effect, with Bill Pulman. Great movie.

kevhen
12-21-2005, 09:45 AM
Starsky and Hutch. Also I liked him in Mystery Men and Royal Tenenbaums.

PollACk
12-21-2005, 09:54 AM
Zoolander is so funny, first time i saw it i almost died.

Mr.Federer
12-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Zoolander is like in my top 3 comedys...absolutly HILARIOUS...that movie made me a Ben Stiller fan for life! and there's another in which he's funny...forgot the name...but it's the one where him and others play superheroes...that's a funny movie aswell.

Docalex007
12-21-2005, 12:35 PM
My top two from Ben would be:

1. Meet the Parents - a classic, we all have to go through what he went through sometime in our lives (not really "like" that but you know...)

2. Zoolander - Funny funny funny. Stiller and Wilson are one of the best on screen duo's in hollywood.

Rumjungle
12-21-2005, 12:41 PM
There's Something About Mary is on the very top of my list as one of the best comedies in recent years.

Mr.Federer
12-21-2005, 12:52 PM
AH! I remember now! Ben Stiller was also great in MYSTERY MEN...

legolas
12-21-2005, 12:54 PM
meet the falkers for me

Capt. Willie
12-21-2005, 01:18 PM
You left off "The Royal Tenenbaums". Great movie although Ben is more of a supporting player in this. And ya gotta love the clothes...Ben and his sons wear the vintage adidas Superstar track suits, Luke Wilson in the Fila shirts and headbands looking like a Borg-wannabe (I remember many of those types back in the 70s), Gwyneth Paltrow in LaCoste shirts and Owen Wilson in those funky western shirts. Can't beat those costumes. Plus there is a sort-of tennis backdrop to this as Luke Wilson plays a once promising tennis player.

Jack the Hack
12-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Gotta be Zero Effect, with Bill Pulman. Great movie.

I agree with this one. Zero Effect is a great movie, but it was kind of underground as far as mass popularity goes. Also, it's more of an odd-ball mystery than a comedy, although it has some funny parts.

Since Zero Effect wasn't on the poll, I voted for There's Something About Mary.

Jack the Hack
12-21-2005, 03:54 PM
You left off "The Royal Tenenbaums". Great movie although Ben is more of a supporting player in this. And ya gotta love the clothes...Ben and his sons wear the vintage adidas Superstar track suits, Luke Wilson in the Fila shirts and headbands looking like a Borg-wannabe (I remember many of those types back in the 70s), Gwyneth Paltrow in LaCoste shirts and Owen Wilson in those funky western shirts. Can't beat those costumes. Plus there is a sort-of tennis backdrop to this as Luke Wilson plays a once promising tennis player.

That movie has my all-time favorite movie tennis scene when Luke Wilson's character is tanking the US Open final at Forest Hills because of his lost romance with his sister. I don't know why, but that part makes me die laughing every time!

Rumjungle
12-21-2005, 06:31 PM
AH! I remember now! Ben Stiller was also great in MYSTERY MEN...

That's right, what was his name? Mr. Furious? I still have the image of him trying to pull off the hood ornament on Casanova Frankenstein's car.:D

Klippy
12-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Hey, anybody here own the Zoolander soundtrack? I wanna buy it. :D

atatu
12-22-2005, 07:35 PM
If you haven't seen "Keeping the Faith" go rent it, it's a fantastic movie. Also, if you want to see Stiller in a serious role, check out Permanent Midnight...

roddick_rulz
12-22-2005, 07:42 PM
Dodgeball is the best although i haven't seen the leading candidat

roddick_rulz
12-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Duplex wasn't that good...its way over rated.

PM_
12-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Where's Starsky and Hutch. The moment they showed him running at the beginning I couldn't stop laughing...

ShooterMcMarco
12-23-2005, 08:08 PM
"Meet my new championship dodgeball team: Lazer...Blade...Blazer...Michelle"

35ft6
12-24-2005, 03:50 AM
In order:

1. Meet the Parents.
2. There's Something About Mary.
3. Flirting with Disaster

35ft6
12-24-2005, 03:51 AM
Duplex wasn't that good...its way over rated. Funny you should say that because everybody I talked to said it was a turd sandwich. And the reviews weren't too kind either.

slice bh compliment
12-24-2005, 04:24 AM
A couple of films I would not consider Ben Stiller vehicles, but since Ben Stiller was in them:
the aforementioned Royal Tenenbaums,
and Reality Bites (which I did not love when it came out, but I've seen it since and laughed).

Klippy
12-24-2005, 06:09 AM
If you haven't seen "Keeping the Faith" go rent it, it's a fantastic movie.
Yeah, I heard it's a good film. Guess I'll have to see it! : )

battousai555
12-24-2005, 10:28 AM
Dodgeball! Anything with people being hit with big red balls is hilarious.

roddick_rulz
12-24-2005, 04:07 PM
In order:

1. Meet the Parents.
2. There's Something About Mary.
3. Flirting with Disaster
You gotta be kiding. Dodgeball has to be in there...somewhere.

Klippy
01-05-2006, 06:42 AM
Envy
Jack Black, Christofer Walken and Rachel Weisz are in it too! It's has a similar feel to the film Old School but I thought Envy was funnier. It's one of those films that are so dumb, it's funny but this one is dumb in a less perceptive and more subtle way.
Couple of times I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe and thought my upper chest/throat was gonna collapse and my cheeks were gonna implode. Mercy!
You'll either love it or leave it. Anyone seen it or at least heard of it?
Love it! Thanks, adely, I went and watched the movie after your review, at my cousin's house, but I didn't get to finish it cause we had to go home. Man, it is funn-y! Lol Va-Poo-Rise! :lol:I'm gonna go over there soon and watch it to the end! I came up to the part where Ben Stiller (I think his name is Tim in the movie) accidentaly shoots the horse with the arrow and is up the whole night digging it up in the pool hole. hahaha

armand
01-17-2006, 08:00 PM
(didn't want to hijack the other thread)LOL, I didn't get to watch the end! Waahh :( I watched it over my cousin's and we had to go home without finishing the movie. I thought the part where he shoots the horse with the arrow, then has to stay up the whoooole night until the morning burying it in the poolhole was a really funny part! LOLs. I can't name exactly one favourite part, there are too many to name one. Great movie.

PS: Remember this?

Nick Vanderpark: What's that?
[as he looks down and points at Tim's pants, right by his crotch]
Tim Dingman: What?
Nick Vanderpark: That.
Tim Dingman: Oh... maple syrup.
[Nick reaches over and wipes up some maple syrup from Tim's pants with his index finger and then tastes it]
Nick Vanderpark: Mmm. Man! Can you believe that comes from a tree?
Tim Dingman: Don't taste my pants.
Nick Vanderpark: I can't taste your pants?
Tim Dingman: Ever.
Nick Vanderpark: Ever?
Tim Dingman: No.
Nick Vanderpark: Then don't spill maple syrup on them.
Tim Dingman: Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to taste it.
Nick Vanderpark: Well, I like maple syrup.
Tim Dingman: Well, not from my pants.
Nick Vanderpark: [before Tim finishes] I love it.

Lols.LOL oh yeah, I remember that well(I think those were the first lines in the film). I'm pretty sure it was at least somewhat improvised because Ben Stiller was laughing a little as he couldn't quite hold in the laughter.

I think my favourite part was when Tim takes his family to Chris Walken's cabin. Oh mercy!

Phil
01-17-2006, 11:49 PM
None of the above. Most of his comedies are watchable, but not great. I'd have to go with "Permanent Midnight". He should take more down-and-out junkie parts-he did a good job in this one.

Klippy
01-19-2006, 05:32 AM
I'd have to go with "Permanent Midnight". He should take more down-and-out junkie parts-he did a good job in this one.
Isn't this the movie where Ben Stiller is acting Jerry Stahl? What is your rate for this movie, out of ten?

Klippy
01-19-2006, 05:38 AM
Most of his comedies are watchable, but not great.
Are you kidding me???!! :lol: Look at him.
http://bilder.filmstarts.de/verzeichnis/film/filme/e/Envy01.jpg
Just looking at this pic made me laugh! Gosh, he is so funny. And so is Jack Black. Cla-ssic!

Klippy
01-20-2006, 07:08 AM
Yay! Zoolander Is Winning. :D

Donnie Darko
01-22-2006, 11:36 AM
His show on MTV (it's been several years) was pure genius. I don't think it lasted more than one season but it was one of the best sketch comedy shows I've ever seen.