PDA

View Full Version : Volkl Tour 8

garbage
06-02-2004, 05:34 AM
Hi,

Would appreciate if anyone who has used the Volkl Tour 8 post their opinions on this stick. I've tried the Wilson ProStaff Tour 90 but find it a bit too unforgiving for my level of play. I do like the stability and feel though, but would like a slightly bigger sweetspot.

How would the Tour 8 compare to the Tour 90 in terms of power vs control and stability?

Han.

Kick Serve
06-03-2004, 07:47 AM
The Tour 8 is a lot more powerful than the ProStaff Tour 90. It has a much bigger sweet spot and is a lot more forgiving on off-center hits. The ProStaff Tour 90 provides more control and is little more flexible which affords more touch. I'm currently a 4.5 all-court player who recently switched to a Tour 8. I have them heavily weighted with lead tape. My sticks weigh about 12 ounces strung. I used to hit with the Estusa Power Beam Braided but moved to the longer and larger Volkl Tour 8 to get more punch on my serve and volley. The only shot that didn't improve was my slice backhand. Nothing slices the ball better than an old-school player's racquet (heavy and flexible).

kevhen
06-08-2004, 07:40 AM
I have been using a Tour 8 for about a month now (20 hours or so) and really like the racquet. I moved up from a Volkl Quantum 8 and really like the extra control and power this racquet has. I had bought a Wilson Surge X back in January but even after adding lots of tape that racquet is still too headlight and unstable compared to the Volkls. I am a strong 4.0 all-court player. I recently added some tape to the 3 and 9 o'clock positions for even more stability. I plan to order two more of these frames once I have sold my older ones.

D. Nelson
06-10-2004, 12:14 PM
........What racquets are you trying to sell ?? You can reply to : imouch@bellsouth.net

Onecoldcat
06-10-2004, 05:22 PM
I've been using the Tour 8 for about 2 weeks now, it's my first Volkl frame and have found it to be one of the BEST racquets I've played with! I'm a long time TT Warrior user and wanted something with a little more power without sacrificing the control that I was accustom too with the Warrior. The Tour 8 does it all and then some! I'm striking the ball like never before with greater confidence, it really has changed my game. I too looked at the Surge and the PD+ and decided that nothing could match what the Tour 8 has to offer. There's a lot of good feedback for the Tour 8 on TWs site that will also help.