PDA

View Full Version : How Many have Met their Hero/Idol?

Richard Pur
12-21-2005, 09:08 AM
How many of you have had the opportunity to meet your childhood (or current) hero or idol?

For you oldtime hockey fans out there, I'm 42 and played hockey as a younster and being in the Chicago area, idolized Bobby Hull, one of the greatest hockey players in history (IMO).

Anyway, he happenened to be signing autographs at a hockey rink about 5 minutes from my house this past weekend. I got there early to find him and his friend still setting up the table. I managed to pull him away to show him a hockey stick that I have signed by the 1966 Blackhawks (including Phil Esposito, Ken Hodge and Fred Stanford before they were traded to Boston). He was blown away by it and was looking at all the signatures and reminicing. For someone who led a fairly sheltered life and not met many celebrities, I was blown away by how genuine he was and a great ambassador for the game. Anyway I hung around for like an hour and a half just taking in his presence. I felt like a 10 year old (or a stalker). Just hearing him talk about old hockey stories was awesome. The next day I came back with the whole family (with my 4 year old son sporting a Blackhawk jersey) and got some pictures of Bobby Hull with my son and myself.

What a great Christmas present! Now, if I could only meet Eddie Dibbs! LOL

Any other good stories out there?

Rich

Docalex007
12-21-2005, 11:30 AM
Though he wasen't really my Idol, he really inspired me from the point on after I met him.

This guy was Mr. "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee". Yeah, I met Ali at Charlotte Douglas Airport all alone with nobody around him! I noticed his shaking and realized he is very sick indeed. Where were the people with him? I still don't know to this day. At first he was by himself as I approached him hoping to ask a few questions and perhaps get an autograph. What's funny is that he keeps Rumble in the Jungle cards with him that he signs and gives out!!!! I got two, one for my brother and one for myself.

As I told him goodbye, others walked up as I did and in only a matter of half a minute he was crowded by 6-7 people.

It was a great experience for me. I now have two main memories when I think of Muhammad Ali. One of him lighting the torch at the Olympics and one of when I met him at Charlotte Douglas Airport.

legolas
12-21-2005, 11:55 AM
no, i havent met michael jordan yet

Frodo Baggins
12-21-2005, 03:29 PM
The Only Idol I seen-But haven't met up close was >Kalan Porter..Went to his concert last year..Was fun But it's only for Practice.>The Real Fun comes Soon I hope??(Tennis players Watch your Backs >This Little Hobbit is gonna Get Ya So Watch out!!! Same goes for my Fave Curlers too!!! Watch your Backs I'm Coming For You!!! Ha Ha Ha ..You Will be MINE!!)

max
12-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Wow! Ali! That's incredible. I met Bobby Hull when I was five and cried my eyes out; scary guy to me. Richard, you got a much better deal!

Tenny
12-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Err, Tenny seeing Duran Duran at Golden Gate Park concert (reunion concert of original 5 members after 18 years!) a couple years ago?:p

Attending Bill Bruford (Yes, King Crimson, Earthworks) concert at Yoshi's in Oakland, CA. I was 3-4 feet away from his feet!!!! Whoa~! Ah, I've met Billy Cobham, Steve Smith, Lee Ritenour at the same place. I couldn't believe I was sitting within 5 feet from these legends. Yoshi's RULES!:D

Also, I've met a couple of Nobel Prize winners-Dr. Prusiner and Dr. Bishop (physiology/medicine).

rommil
12-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Have taken pictures and gotten autographs with/by Monica Seles and Roger Federer and bumped into and said hi to Bjork at the NASA club in downtown Reykjavik. These are the 3 prominent celebrities for me and I have met them. I feel very fortunate having met this people in person.

VGP
12-21-2005, 08:51 PM
...Also, I've met a couple of Nobel Prize winners-Dr. Prusiner and Dr. Bishop (physiology/medicine).

Tenny - are you a scientist? My current advisor was a post-doc for Mike Bishop....

SwissServe
12-22-2005, 12:35 AM
I have met Ray Charles, during my apprenticeship (company which is world famous for their audio tape recorders), think was back in 1997 after the Jazz Festival in Montreux, while he visited the company. Unfortunately we didn't received any autographs, but this was a big moment for me anyway.

Later I have met some singers (and got their signatures) like Jamiroquai, Keane (very kind guys, I had a cool chat with them), Massive Attack, Skin (from Skunk Anansie).
Yearly I watch the practice session during the WTA tournament in Zurich, so I have photos with Maria Sharapova, Mary Pierce, Amelie Mauresmo, Lindsay Davenport etc. And I often see Roger Federer in Basel (nothing special, he is often around in the city if he is at home :) )

Deuce
12-22-2005, 01:59 AM
Apart from talking with several pro tennis and MLB ball players, a few of the latter I've become good friends with, I met Mario Andretti (at a race) when I was young and he scribbled his name or some such on a magazine.

I met Charlie Watts (Rolling Stones drummer) a few years ago - he was alone in a shopping mall. I approached him and asked if he'd have a few minutes to discuss the influence that 'rock stars' have on kids. He looked at me and, in his British accent, said "I've not got time to do that - I'm shopping." About 10 minutes later, we were both on the top floor of the mall, and he approached me, asking if I knew where the escalator was to get down from the top floor. I looked at him and said "Sorry, bud - I haven't got time to tell you that - I'm shopping."

I loved Mike Palmateer - a goalie for the Toronto Maple Leafs - as a kid. In the early 90s, about 7 years after he retired, he was playing in an oldtimers game - they traveled around to different cities and towns. I couldn't make it to the game, so I called him at the hotel just to thank him for all the fun times he provided me with - he was quite entertaining to watch. He was very appreciative of the phone call.

One of my most amusing 'brushes with celebrity' was when I was rather fed up with a particular back-up goaltender on an NHL hockey team, and so sent a letter to the General Manager of the team, listing about 7 goalies whom I firmly believed would be much more efficient than the current back-up goalie, who truly was not NHL caliber. Among the 7 I listed, there was one in particular, whom I listed at the top, and for whom I gave a rather convincing argument in my letter.

About a week later, the team traded for the goalie who was at the top of my list. A few days after that, I received a letter from the General Manager saying simply "The problem has now been rectified. Thank you for your contribution." I thought that was pretty funny. This was about 15 years ago. The back-up goalie I had complained about never again played in the NHL.

One of my childhood 'idols' that I'd like to sit down and talk with now is Evel Knievel. He's quite a character.

Brettolius
12-22-2005, 06:44 AM
Err, Tenny seeing Duran Duran at Golden Gate Park concert (reunion concert of original 5 members after 18 years!) a couple years ago?:p

Attending Bill Bruford (Yes, King Crimson, Earthworks) concert at Yoshi's in Oakland, CA. I was 3-4 feet away from his feet!!!! Whoa~! Ah, I've met Billy Cobham, Steve Smith, Lee Ritenour at the same place. I couldn't believe I was sitting within 5 feet from these legends. Yoshi's RULES!:D

Also, I've met a couple of Nobel Prize winners-Dr. Prusiner and Dr. Bishop (physiology/medicine).

Cool Tenny! Along the same lines I have met Dave Weckl (my fave) and Rod Morgenstein in the same night, and on seperate occasions met Joe Morello, Both of James Brown's drummers, Terry Bozzio, Greg Bissonette, probably some others but I'm drawing a blank. Love Steve Smith and would really dig meeting Vinnie Colaiuta and Stevie Gadd.

Mr.Federer
12-22-2005, 11:19 AM
I met Charlie Watts (Rolling Stones drummer) a few years ago - he was alone in a shopping mall. I approached him and asked if he'd have a few minutes to discuss the influence that 'rock stars' have on kids. He looked at me and, in his British accent, said "I've not got time to do that - I'm shopping." About 10 minutes later, we were both on the top floor of the mall, and he approached me, asking if I knew where the escalator was to get down from the top floor. I looked at him and said "Sorry, bud - I haven't got time to tell you that - I'm shopping."

Mr.Federer
12-22-2005, 11:20 AM

Is this for real? No, I cannot be! If it is true, how did Mr.Watts react to your response???

MegacedU
12-22-2005, 11:23 AM
I met Andy Roddick. It was one of the best days of my life. He's actually a really nice guy.

Baseline Basher
12-22-2005, 04:54 PM
The Only Idol I seen-But haven't met up close was >Kalan Porter..Went to his concert last year..Was fun But it's only for Practice.>The Real Fun comes Soon I hope??(Tennis players Watch your Backs >This Little Hobbit is gonna Get Ya So Watch out!!! Same goes for my Fave Curlers too!!! Watch your Backs I'm Coming For You!!! Ha Ha Ha ..You Will be MINE!!)

Frodo, you really need to kick the habit. This is getting ridiculous.

EDIT: And no, I have not met Jason Jones or Jesus.

Tenny
12-22-2005, 05:11 PM
My current advisor was a post-doc for Mike Bishop....

Mike is a big fan of the SF Giants. Jolly little man who likes to sport the giants cap. Once I stepped into an elevator only find him standing alone. And there was only me. He was smiling almost mischievously as if he was about to ask 'you'd like to have my autograph, eh?'.

The other day, I ran into Prusiner at a restroom. So, Nobel prize winners go to restrooms! I heard that when he won the prize, his people received $20 Macy gift certificates ($20!!!). But this is only a rumour!;)

Tenny
12-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Cool Tenny! Along the same lines I have met Dave Weckl (my fave) and Rod Morgenstein in the same night, and on seperate occasions met Joe Morello, Both of James Brown's drummers, Terry Bozzio, Greg Bissonette, probably some others but I'm drawing a blank. Love Steve Smith and would really dig meeting Vinnie Colaiuta and Stevie Gadd.

Dave Weckl? Wow, I've seen him twice (his band and accompaning Mike Stern and Victor Wooten). Frankly I am not of a fan of his (I like to see more space if you know what I mean), I was impressed with his skills and seriousness. I even shaked hands with Mike Stern. OMG, he will never be able to play tennis. THE softest hand I've touched in my life!

Steve Smith's show was the best among the band led by drummers b/c he was a great entertainer for the audience (did some crazy tricks with the sticks and legs and even his bald head). Billy Cobham was amazing of course. And I realized he is a lefty and doesn't cross his arms (so he plays hihats with right hand and snare with his left hand!). Bill Bruford was also very entertaining. He communicated with audience very well and was a kill joker. I got an impression that he was a very flexible person. He must be a good sportman or dancer or he enjoys Yoga, I guess.

Terry Bozzio? Although I wasn't very impressed by his 'guitarshop' or more recent recordings, I was blown away by his UK period recording-UK's 2nd album danger money. Also, I enjoy his playing in 'Dancing fool' for Frank Zappa. Signature Terry Bozzio, beautiful cymbals work! Also, he is a very decent human being.

I've heard Vinnie Colauita and Steve Gadd are great but haven't had a chance to really appreciate them to my regrets. I've tried VC's self titled Solo album and some session work by SG. :p

bluegrasser
12-22-2005, 05:39 PM
I was 12 and big time into Karate, and Bruce Lee showed up at our annual Christmas party and had his picture taken with me ( polaroid ) and then signed the back of the picture. I remember him driving up in the parking lot in a Trans Am, and we all said: It's Kato ! ( Green Hornet fame).

Deuce
12-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Wow - Bruford, Bozzio... UK... Brings back memories.
Tenny - if you enjoy Bruford and Bozzio and UK... what the hell is the attraction to Duran Duran and Kajagoogoo?

Is this for real? No, I cannot be! If it is true, how did Mr.Watts react to your response???

Yeah - it really happened. When I said I was shopping, he just turned and we walked in opposite directions.

When I first approached him, I just quietly said "Hi. I know who you are. I'm not going to make a big deal out of it or attract a lot of attention to you - I'm just wondering if you've got a few minutes to discuss the influence musicians have on kids today."

I wasn't impressed with him. I figured he likely isn't asked that question very often (about the 'rock star' influence on kids), and no-one else seemed to recognize him - it was just he and I - so what would it hurt to sit down and talk for 10 minutes about something somewhat less trivial than "Hey, what's Mick really like?'? But, hey - he was busy shopping. Apparently, after more than 2 decades of being a member of one of the two most well known musical groups in the history of the planet, and the many millions of dollars that brings, he still didn't have quite enough stuff.

Either that, or he was annoyed that I wasn't in total awe of him, and didn't ask him for an autograph.

Kaptain Karl
12-22-2005, 10:32 PM
We used to live three doors from Sandy Koufax. Pretty good guy. (But he was my *neighbor;* not my idol.)

Met Trevino and [just spaced this "golf legend's" name]. They were both jerks, I'm sad to say.

I don't think I *have* an "idol", but I look forward to having a beer with Newk.

- KK

Tenny
12-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Wow - Bruford, Bozzio... UK... Brings back memories.
Tenny - if you enjoy Bruford and Bozzio and UK... what the hell is the attraction to Duran Duran and Kajagoogoo?

Whoa, you know UK? Bruford is my favorite drummer but unlike many fans, I don't really like his 70s King Crimson days. I also admire Bozzio's drumming. In one interview, Terry said he felt honoured to replace Bruford cause he was a big fan of him, what a nice young man. UK is my favorite band and I have all 3 albums + some bootleg live recordings.

Duran Duran and Kajagoogoo were cool. My first experience of 'stereo' was Duran Duran's "Planet earth". One of my friends had a walkman and a headphone (it was in 1983). That's was the first time I experienced Stereo-guitar here, drums there, bass here, vocal there... WOWOW! I still remember the moment vividly.

Still like their second and third but my favorite is their 1st. Yes, they recorded many danceable songs but what about songs/instrumentals like Nightboat, Tel Aviv? I remember the keyboardist once said he wasn't comfortable to use his both hands to play keyboards. They might not be great musicians such as Hendrix, Clapton, but they used their limited skills and technique very well.

Kajagoogoo's 1st album has many catchy songs. And they are unique and fresh. I still enjoy it on regular base and my friends make fun of me, ha ha . Especially I was attracted the use of funky bass and clever synthesizer sound by Duran Duran and Kajagoogoo. :eek:

Andy Hewitt
12-23-2005, 12:48 PM
How many of you have had the opportunity to meet your childhood (or current) hero or idol?

For you oldtime hockey fans out there, I'm 42 and played hockey as a younster and being in the Chicago area, idolized Bobby Hull, one of the greatest hockey players in history (IMO).

Anyway, he happenened to be signing autographs at a hockey rink about 5 minutes from my house this past weekend. I got there early to find him and his friend still setting up the table. I managed to pull him away to show him a hockey stick that I have signed by the 1966 Blackhawks (including Phil Esposito, Ken Hodge and Fred Stanford before they were traded to Boston). He was blown away by it and was looking at all the signatures and reminicing. For someone who led a fairly sheltered life and not met many celebrities, I was blown away by how genuine he was and a great ambassador for the game. Anyway I hung around for like an hour and a half just taking in his presence. I felt like a 10 year old (or a stalker). Just hearing him talk about old hockey stories was awesome. The next day I came back with the whole family (with my 4 year old son sporting a Blackhawk jersey) and got some pictures of Bobby Hull with my son and myself.

What a great Christmas present! Now, if I could only meet Eddie Dibbs! LOL

Any other good stories out there?

Rich
Bobby Hull was at the Wolves game in Rosemont, Iiiii didnt feel like taking the 1 hour drive to the northwest....

Mr.Federer
12-23-2005, 03:14 PM
Bobby Hull was at the Wolves game in Rosemont, Iiiii didnt feel like taking the 1 hour drive to the northwest....

I also wouldn't have went to see Bobby Hull if he was a hour away...

PollACk
12-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Psssh i have never met anyone famous that i can brag about.

Skppr05
12-23-2005, 04:09 PM
sadly no...i have not met any memebers of "my Chemical romance" although my sister has met the lead singers mom and she lives bout 9 minuetes away from me

oscar_2424
12-24-2005, 05:15 PM
i met my childhood hero in tampa: HULK HOGAN

boxingguy
12-24-2005, 11:00 PM
I met Ali. I paid to go to the Las Vegas premiere of "Ali". It was a fundraiser for the Ali Center. Ali was there with his wife and daughter sitting in the front row. Before the movie started everyone went up to him to get his autograph. They (organizers) tried to get rid of us, so I tried to make myself small so they wouldn't notice me. Genius. I finally got in front of him and started babbling all sorts of nonsense about how I was a huge fan and he was an inspiration and yada yada. He signed an autograph for me, but before he handed it to me he raised it in the air and called out "Autographs! Ten dollars!" Then I grabbed his hand (he doesn't offer his hand because of the shakes). I count that as a handshake. One of the greatest nights of my life.

Also, well, he wasn't exactly my idol before I met him, but he was someone I had admired and respected very much, Referee Richard Steele. I met him, and he's become a good friend of mine. After I met him, he became my idol. Tremendous human being.

Phil
12-27-2005, 12:39 PM
I loved Mike Palmateer - a goalie for the Toronto Maple Leafs - as a kid. In the early 90s, about 7 years after he retired, he was playing in an oldtimers game - they traveled around to different cities and towns. I couldn't make it to the game, so I called him at the hotel just to thank him for all the fun times he provided me with - he was quite entertaining to watch. He was very appreciative of the phone call.

Ahh ya ya...God, the NERVE of Charlie Watts, wanting to carry on in his errands as a private citizen, and for once, not be bothered by stalking fans. And he had the TEMERITY to blow off THE Deuce! What a cad! What arrogance.

We've all heard this story before on this Board, and some of your other incidents of stalking various coaches and players, with mixed "success", but calling Mike Palmateer at his hotel? So sad and pathetic that I won't comment further. Could fill a Psych 101 textbook.

oscar_2424
12-27-2005, 05:22 PM
i also got to meet diego maradona when he was playing in BOCA back in 1997

bcsax123
12-27-2005, 08:39 PM
I met Michael Chang before.

armand
12-27-2005, 08:56 PM
I can't remember the first time I met him but I have known my dad all my life. And now he's going away

Steve Huff
12-27-2005, 09:13 PM
I don't have an "awe" of big stars, athletes etc. But, I have met some.

Deuce
12-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Ahh ya ya...God, the NERVE of Charlie Watts, wanting to carry on in his errands as a private citizen, and for once, not be bothered by stalking fans. And he had the TEMERITY to blow off THE Deuce! What a cad! What arrogance.

We've all heard this story before on this Board, and some of your other incidents of stalking various coaches and players, with mixed "success", but calling Mike Palmateer at his hotel? So sad and pathetic that I won't comment further. Could fill a Psych 101 textbook.

philip is bored again... sigh...

Had a really nice talk with Palmateer, in truth...

Interesting use of the word 'stalking', philip - as if you've no clue what the word means.

Just to help you out a little, and use the word in its proper context... you have been stalking me on this board for a few years now. You see? You have deliberately sought out my posts with the sole intention of p!ssing on them. Not once, but time after time. I hope you understand the meaning of the word a little bit better now, philip.

Of course, there is also the very real possibility that you're deliberately misusing the word, since you don't seem to accuse anyone else in this thread of 'stalking' - a thread all about encounters with celebrities and 'idols'.

Remember that, everyone - in philip's little world, when I approach anyone 'famous', I am 'stalking'. But when others do the same thing, it is acceptable, and goes without comment from philip.

Careful, philip, or someone might think that you've got a little agenda here...

Phil
12-28-2005, 05:20 AM
philip is bored again... sigh...

Had a really nice talk with Palmateer, in truth...

Interesting use of the word 'stalking', philip - as if you've no clue what the word means.

Just to help you out a little, and use the word in its proper context... you have been stalking me on this board for a few years now. You see? You have deliberately sought out my posts with the sole intention of p!ssing on them. Not once, but time after time. I hope you understand the meaning of the word a little bit better now, philip.

Of course, there is also the very real possibility that you're deliberately misusing the word, since you don't seem to accuse anyone else in this thread of 'stalking' - a thread all about encounters with celebrities and 'idols'.

Remember that, everyone - in philip's little world, when I approach anyone 'famous', I am 'stalking'. But when others do the same thing, it is acceptable, and goes without comment from philip.

Careful, philip, or someone might think that you've got a little agenda here...

No, most others don't approach "famous" people as agressively and unrelenting as you do. And yes, I have an agenda...when it comes to celebrity stalkers-I dislike the species, don't like star fuc**rs, and will point them out when I come across them. It's not surprising that you don't find your behavior creepy, but any other objective person would; I'm just the one to say it here.

You "loved" Mike Palmateer as a kid. You've posted before about your brush with Watts, and your attempts-some successful and some not so sucessful-to speak with various tennis players and coaches. Calling Palmateer in his HOTEL? Do you REALLY think that is "acceptable" behavior? Unless you were his wife, mistress or bookie, I'm almost positive that YOU were the LAST person Palmateer or any other pro athlete wants to hear on the other end of the phone line. But he was nice enough to play along with you, probably getting you off the line as quickly as possible without being rude. A nice guy, period. To you that constitutes a "nice conversation".

I'm sure you feel that your behavior towards celebrities is TOTALLY appropriate and defensible and you did nothing wrong-everything is in bounds, and celebs have no rights to privacy. That's how it is with stalkers; THEY think what they're doing is fine; the last to realize that they are freaks.

It's funny that you're all over these boards biatchin' about people who have achieved success and who spend their money, and yet YOU were also in that mall with Charlie, being "materialistic", and YOU are the one who pursues the very people whom you claim to despise. Is this PAYBACK Deuce? Do they "owe" you their time because they are successful and you are outside in the cold with your nose pressed against the glass?

Your bitter resentment of anyone who's achieved a degree of success makes for a very sad and pathetic human being...pulled, from one extreme of celbrity worship to the other; jealousy and contempt. These people are often generous with their time, but don't need your type. This is why celebrities hire bodyguards and PR flacks-to keep people like YOU away from them. I don't care a wink about celebrities or knowing what they think, but I care even less for the pathetic wretches who follow them around, like frenzied little dogs. You're a celebrity-chasin' dog.

Senator Jay Bullworth
12-28-2005, 08:49 AM
Jerome (aide-de-camp to Senator Jay Bullworth, calls downstairs to the Senator who's preoccupied down in the "Phat Cave"): "Yo, boss, take a look at this here thread.....hey: did you ever hook up wit' yo' hero or yo' idol?"

Senator Jay BULLworth (laughing hysterically with champagine pouring out of his nose and cigar smoke out of his ears): "Jerome! Jerome! You gotta get down here.....Nancy and Janet are having one hell of a catfight! Nancy!..Put that whip down!!! @$%@&*$^$%@ Omigod....rotflmao!!!.....Jerooomme! Aggh.....Nancy~!.....Janet!.....Jerome--help me break this up!"

Jerome(fires a .44 magnum into the ceiling):
BOOM! ".......Everything's cool, boss......you ladies chill if you will........Hey, like I was sayin: did you ever meet yo' hero or yo' idol?"

Senator Jay BULLworth: My idols are in jail and my heros are dead......No wait a minute Jerome....there was one that I did get to 'meat'. Do you remember Marilyn Chambers Jerome?"

Jerome: "My goodness! Of course I do! The girl who was on the Ivory Soap box who was in that movie 'Behind the Green Door?!!' When'd you meet her?"

Once upon a time, I as a kid, took in this movie
They dressed in polyester and used real dumb words like "groovy"
The plot was beyond lame, but this one girl really moved me
And this when I was young, at a time I wasn't choosy.

I played the "doctor" bit when I was only four
I made the 8th grade teacher, but I wanted something more
I'd never thought that years later, I would find in store
My dream girl, Marilyn Chambers from "Behind The Green Door."

It started at a party that was thrown by a colleague
I noticed among the curs there was a very sexy collie
Our vibes grew from the start, the "signs" were very auspicious
That night, started as tasty, turned outrageously delicious

Mike Palmeteer he did not play for the Rangers
But once-upon-a-time I played with Marilyn Chambers
I know you're thinking: "porn star! Bullworth, what about the danger?!"
"The girls' done half the world and to you she's still a stranger!"

In hockey parlance: "inside the crease" I love the most
To to circle with my puck, then fly and take it coast-to-coast
A "three-line-pass" to Marilyn and she got hot like toast
She shuttered as she shot again and banged one off the post!~ ...clang!bang!

She was older and her 'twat 'twas a veteran of porn
She was Miss Balogna-Love years before I was even born
She blew like the wind and she could rumble like a storm
I no longer did sheep-in-the-meadow; or cows-in-the-corn

"baaaaa........mooooo"

All those years I yeared and all those days I waited
Good thing I met Ms. Marilyn, 'cause I was getting jaded
But I am slick, unlike Vince Spadea, her love grotto I invaded
If this were early Appalachia, you'd have sworn we were related
She listed all her friends in a blackbook for the ages
Thick as the Sunday Times or the Manhattan Yellow Pages
I offered her a drink, I was surprised she wasn't swillin'
Instead she asked for a shot of pharmacutical penicillin.

So Jerome, that's the tale of of how I met my hero/idol
That crazy girl wore down a path and none of them were "Bridal"
And how she'd come in waves, I swear that some of them were tidal!
If not for Marilyn Chambers I swear that I'd be suicidal.

"I........I will be king
And you......you will be queen
And nothing, can drive them away,
We can be Heros, just for one day." David Bowie "Heros"

Marilyn: if you're reading this, call me on my cell, or "text" me; remember that "Chinese Basket Sling" you wanted me to order? Well, it just came via UPS today. In the meantime, with love in my heart and speaking of hockey, pure, unadulterated hatred for that cheap-shot piece of human garbage, Darcy Tucker, I am,
your loving servant,
Senator Jay BULLworth

RiosTheGenius
12-28-2005, 09:37 AM
I met Gustavo Cerati (arg. pop/rock singer) in New York back in 2000. it was unreal!!!!!

as for Marcelo rios..... well, I only have one experience with him one on one. it was around 1993. the guy had just become #1 junior and I was at a Mossimo store in a Mall in Santiago. suddenly, there he is with his long black hair looking at the same shirts I was looking at. a few kids came to talk to him, but this guy can blow people off faster than anyone. so I didn't think it'd be a good idea to say anything stupid like...... hi.

oh, and my football idol (soccer at certain places). I met alberto 'Beto' Acosta in Miami Beach during their pre-season with his club at the time San Lorenzo. spoke to him for a few minutes. also saw there a few other SL players like Leo Rodriguez, and their coach Manuel Pellegrini, now in Villarreal.

Phil
12-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Senator, again I must commend you for such a hilarious rap. You are a rhythm machine-and Ms. Chambers would certainly agree.

bluegrasser
12-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Could it be the the " Senator" is Dedans incognito - nobody on the planet writes like Deds...

BankOfDad
12-28-2005, 07:50 PM
If any of you know anything about motocross you know that Bob "Hurricane" Hannah was a God among men. I wanted to name both of my girls Hannah after him but my wife wouldn't go for it.

While working in the motorcycle press I went to a Suzuki press day at a motocross track where we were being introduced to the new motorcycles. Bob Hannah was there was incredibly friendly and interesting to talk to. At the end of the day they arrange a Press race where each journalist was paired with one of the Suzuki Pros. I drew Hannah as my partner. We won the race too. It was surreal in a way (and goofy in another way).

Deuce
12-28-2005, 09:41 PM
No, most others don't approach "famous" people as agressively and unrelenting as you do. And yes, I have an agenda...when it comes to celebrity stalkers-I dislike the species, don't like star fuc**rs, and will point them out when I come across them. It's not surprising that you don't find your behavior creepy, but any other objective person would; I'm just the one to say it here.

You "loved" Mike Palmateer as a kid. You've posted before about your brush with Watts, and your attempts-some successful and some not so sucessful-to speak with various tennis players and coaches. Calling Palmateer in his HOTEL? Do you REALLY think that is "acceptable" behavior? Unless you were his wife, mistress or bookie, I'm almost positive that YOU were the LAST person Palmateer or any other pro athlete wants to hear on the other end of the phone line. But he was nice enough to play along with you, probably getting you off the line as quickly as possible without being rude. A nice guy, period. To you that constitutes a "nice conversation".

I'm sure you feel that your behavior towards celebrities is TOTALLY appropriate and defensible and you did nothing wrong-everything is in bounds, and celebs have no rights to privacy. That's how it is with stalkers; THEY think what they're doing is fine; the last to realize that they are freaks.

It's funny that you're all over these boards biatchin' about people who have achieved success and who spend their money, and yet YOU were also in that mall with Charlie, being "materialistic", and YOU are the one who pursues the very people whom you claim to despise. Is this PAYBACK Deuce? Do they "owe" you their time because they are successful and you are outside in the cold with your nose pressed against the glass?

Your bitter resentment of anyone who's achieved a degree of success makes for a very sad and pathetic human being...pulled, from one extreme of celbrity worship to the other; jealousy and contempt. These people are often generous with their time, but don't need your type. This is why celebrities hire bodyguards and PR flacks-to keep people like YOU away from them. I don't care a wink about celebrities or knowing what they think, but I care even less for the pathetic wretches who follow them around, like frenzied little dogs. You're a celebrity-chasin' dog.

Actually, I do far, far less 'celebrity seeking' than anyone else I know as well as anyone else I observe. When I have talked with a 'famous' person, I don't recall ever having a problem. I never ask for an autograph or a photo, and usually ask a question that is relevant, yet uncommon. This year, I had several interesting conversations with pro tennis players and coaches about the new doubles rules, for instance, as well as a one hour, very informal talk with the head ATP supervisor. Somehow, they didn't call security on me - nor did any of them seem bothered at all by our conversation, as you so dishonestly insist. Yet you say nothing about the people who approach an ailing Ali in an airport... because your twisted agenda doesn't include those posters. Not at this moment, at least.

I've been good friends with a few Major League ball players, as well as one General Manager. They didn't seem to feel threatened by me when they'd call me, or when we'd go out for some BP together. I'm still in contact with some of them. Interestingly, none have secured a restraining order against me.

I call Palmateer at the hotel - he has absolutely no problem with it, we talk for 10 minutes with him asking me more questions than I ask him, and it ends with him inviting me to the game and offering tickets (I couldn't attend) and saying that he appreciates my telling him how much I enjoyed watching him in my youth. Everything's good. Then you come in and desperately try to create a problem out of it. You're an ill man, philip.

Those willing to talk, do (the majority), and those unwilling, don't. Simple as that. You're the only one who 'sees' a problem here, philip - and you don't really even see a problem - you only pretend to 'see' something bad, and blow it out of rational proportion because your agenda here is to discredit me in any way possible. As well as to 'mark' threads with your 'presence', as a dog marks its territory. You enter benign threads with an absolute will to create a 'train wreck' - so that you can feel 'pride' in the influence you had in the thread; take 'pride' in being the raving lunatic who ruins thread after thread - saying proudly to yourself "That's MY train wreck." That you so frequently resort to such blatant dishonesty and manipulation reveals your utter desperation.

You require an 'opponent'; a 'target' - because you need to feel 'superior' - and so you create fictional 'opponents', perpetually badgering and harassing - and stalking - them; assigning to them all sorts of imaginary negative qualities which exist solely within your irrational mind. The only other person on these boards who does such things is Larry Hall. You are indeed in the company of a legend, philip.

Save this post of yours above, philip.

One day, when you mature beyond the point of intellectual pubescence - if, indeed, this does occur in your lifetime - re-read your post and see how completely deranged you once were.

In the meantime, find something to do with your life.

Phil
12-29-2005, 05:05 AM
Immature, blah, blah, blah. Like a broken record. Deuce, if you don't think phoning a celebrity, such as a pro athlete, at his hotel is creepy then you have a problem. Really, you do. Regardless of what YOU say, you have a problem. I'm just pointing that out to you. Maybe when YOU mature, you will see fit to get some professional help.

You must know A LOT of people who go after "stars" if you do less of this than anyone you know, because you have posted numerous times as I recall, on just this subject-cornering players and coaches and peppering them with irrelevant questions. Must make you feel good. Most people I know don't do this at all, so I guess you hang out with a lot of celebrity seekers, eh?

jamumafa
12-29-2005, 05:10 AM
I met Nando Gonzalez and Federer at Wimby this year

AJK1
12-29-2005, 05:34 PM
I live on the Central Coast of New South Wales in Australia, and i was with some friends at the local tennis courts when we noticed that John Newcombe and his wife were hitting with each other on the next court. He owns a holiday house in the area. They were doing groundstroke drills, mostly cross-court, then down the line etc. They were both hitting extremely well, with no mistakes. It was awesome to watch. When they came off the court we said hello, but didn't go all stupid as some would. I am 6 foot tall, and i couldn't believe how tall and solid Newc was. They were friendly, and asked if we played there much. Then they said goodbye and were on their way. Nice people! In hindsight, i wish i had noticed what racquets they were using, but i forgot.

Deuce
12-29-2005, 08:35 PM
It's one thing to be a complete ***. To actually take pride in being a perpetual complete *** is another thing altogether.

Phil has got the latter down to an art form. An absolute - and desperate - tool. I can't really reveal anything about him which his posts don't already reveal. Indeed, his posts truly speak for themselves.

bcaz
12-29-2005, 09:34 PM
All this jock-sniffing and star-ogling is ridiculous. If you respect them AND respect yourself you will not even mention these encounters. It's just life; accept it for what it is and keep it to yourself.

Phil
12-30-2005, 05:54 AM
I can't really reveal anything about him which his posts don't already reveal. Indeed, his posts truly speak for themselves.

As do yours...and not very complimentary, either.

Dedans Penthouse
12-30-2005, 06:42 AM
I once met a gentle bar room queen in Memphis.

Rabbit
12-30-2005, 08:56 AM
At the Commodore Hotel?
And underneath a street lamp, I met a Southern Belle
Well she took me to the river
Where she cast her spell
And in the Southern moonlight
She sang a song so well
If you'll be my Dixie Chicken, I'll be your Tennessee Lamb
And we can walk together down in Dixieland
Down in Dixieland

Happy New Year!

Well, we made all the hotspots
My money flowed like wine
And then a load on Southern Whiskey yeah began to fog my mind
And I don't remember church bells
Or, the money I put down
On the white picked fence and boardwalk
Or the house at the edge of town
But Lord, do I remember
The strain of her refrain
And the nights we spent together
And the way she called my name
If you'll be my Dixie Chicken,
I'll be your Tennessee Lamb
And we can wak together down in Dixieland

Well it's been a year since she went away
Yes that guitar player sure could play
She always like to sing along
She's always handy with a song

And then one night in the lobby yeah of the Commodore Hotel
I chanced to meet a bartender
Who said he knew her well
And as he handed me a drink
He began to hum a song
And all the boys, at the bar began to sing along

If you'll be my Dixie Chicken
I'll be your Tennessee Lamb
And we can walk together down in Dixieland

Happy New Year!

Kaptain Karl
12-30-2005, 01:40 PM
Rabbit - Your post "transported" me back to skiing at Alta. Little Feat on the loudspeakers at mid-mountain ... Ahh!!! Thanks.

- KK

ktownva
12-30-2005, 06:27 PM
I have met/received autographs from:

John McEnroe - he had just beaten Jose Luis Clerc in a seniors match. I said "nice match, Mac" as I handed him something to sign. He kind of grunted, signed his name, and handed it back. A true hall of fame moment for me.

Martina Navratilova - got her autograph a couple years ago after an exhibition match with Seles. She was pretty nice. Freaky and smiley and like wired on a gallon of Starbucks, but nice.

Monica Seles - got her autograph at the same time as Martina's. She had just lost a meaningless charity exhibition to Martina, but the vibe was like she just lost 1st round at the French. That chick is all about the W.

Deuce
12-30-2005, 08:31 PM
Phil perpetually invents 'nasty' people who do not exist, as well as circumstances and situations which don't exist, and then assigns these fictional actions and fictional characters to posters on this board - simply that he can get his jollies in criticizing and insulting them, thus making himself feel 'superior' in the process. Mike Palmateer had no problem at all with my phoning him and reminiscing about his playing days. We had a friendly conversation; he invited me to the game as his guest. Yet Phil absolutely insists that I have committed the most terrible of crimes. This is the stuff of a truly deranged mind. He needs to create an 'evil villain' so that he can assume the 'anti-role' - and so, when he finds no real villain, he invents one. He repeats himself over and over, persisting in a frantic effort to convince others that his pure fiction is actually true - despite an absolute lack of even the slightest evidence to support his wild and irrational accusations - because he is desperate to achieve his very twisted agenda.

This is the very same dishonest and manipulative M.O. that Larry Hall uses. They can both give a punch (the first one being almost always from behind), but can't take one. Both of these clowns are absolute cowards of the first order.

Phil
12-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Phil perpetually invents 'nasty' people who do not exist, as well as circumstances and situations which don't exist, and then assigns these fictional actions and fictional characters to posters on this board - simply that he can get his jollies in criticizing and insulting them, thus making himself feel 'superior' in the process. Mike Palmateer had no problem at all with my phoning him and reminiscing about his playing days. We had a friendly conversation; he invited me to the game as his guest. Yet Phil absolutely insists that I have committed the most terrible of crimes. This is the stuff of a truly deranged mind. He needs to create an 'evil villain' so that he can assume the 'anti-role' - and so, when he finds no real villain, he invents one. He repeats himself over and over, persisting in a frantic effort to convince others that his pure fiction is actually true - despite an absolute lack of even the slightest evidence to support his wild and irrational accusations - because he is desperate to achieve his very twisted agenda.

This is the very same dishonest and manipulative M.O. that Larry Hall uses. They can both give a punch (the first one being almost always from behind), but can't take one. Both of these clowns are absolute cowards of the first order.

Your posts sound more and more like fantasy. Larry Hall...unlike your Buddy, I respond. Anyone who calls you on your disfunctions or b.s. pretensions is called names-the same ones over and over, but you can't give a substantial response. I'm sure Mike was thrilled to hear from you, as was Charlie Watts and everyone else who you've harrassed. That Palmanteer didn't curse you and hang up says something about what a tolerant guy he is. If you think you're any different from the typical idiotic sport groupu, which is what you're saying here, then you're sadly delusional. And you are that.

Deuce
12-30-2005, 10:13 PM
Phil also always HAS to have the last word - THAT'S the only reason he responds. He strikes the first blow - from behind, typical of a coward - and then must throw the last punch, or kick, or what have you - which, in his twisted mind, 'proves' that he has WON.

A real class act...

As always, you have nothing but your own wild and irrational imaginings to validate your 'perspective', philip. Reality opposes you again and again, and at every corner.

You are truly a deranged coward.

devilish_duke
12-30-2005, 10:26 PM
Anyhow, back to the topic...

It's not tennis, and people will have differing opinions on this one due to politics, but I met Colin Powell when he came to speak at my school earlier this year.

ShooterMcMarco
12-30-2005, 10:42 PM
I never met my hero/idol since I haven't gotten the chance to meet Deuce

Phil
12-31-2005, 04:51 AM
Phil also always HAS to have the last word - THAT'S the only reason he responds. He strikes the first blow - from behind, typical of a coward - and then must throw the last punch, or kick, or what have you - which, in his twisted mind, 'proves' that he has WON.

A real class act...

As always, you have nothing but your own wild and irrational imaginings to validate your 'perspective', philip. Reality opposes you again and again, and at every corner.

You are truly a deranged coward.
Poor, Poor little Stephen, attacked from behind, bushwhacked! If I'm a "coward" in your own twisted little world-for pointing out a FACT-then I don't mind a little shrillness from you. Stop being such a drama queen; if anyone is comparable to Larry Hall, it's YOU, with your intellectual dishonesty and hypocrisy.

You're a stalker creep, and that's all there is to it. There's no other way to say it at this point. Just pointing that out. I'd say it to your face, buddy because I think a weirdo of your ilk should have a restraining order against him. People like you are monitored by police.

Yes, I'm sure that Mike Palmanteer wanted nothing more than to have a nice little chat with you. Doesn't MATTER that he was kind to you and felt pity-the issue is that you even CALLED HIM...at his HOTEL. Why don't you phone him at his home now...that's even better, and you'll justify that too, somehow. And Charlie Watts? It's really his DUTY to talk to you, right? That's part of being a celebrity-the requirement to speak with WHACKOS. This isn't about ME, but you may as well deflect the issue, being on such shakey ground as you are.

Deuce
12-31-2005, 02:29 PM
What's that, philip? You NEED to throw the last punch? Well - anyone who's even remotely familiar with your posts here has known that for quite some time.

Your "FACTS" fly directly in the face of reality yet again - you desperately want people to be who you NEED them to be in order for you to fulfil your illusionary role as the 'macho' cowboy. And so you invent fantasies.

In this thread, you have once again been exposed for the irrational, delusional, and otherwise psychologically ill loon that you are - and so you work yourself into a frenzied little fit, throwing out all sorts of idiotic accusations in the hope that this will distract readers from the real fact that you don't have a leg to stand on. Not even a peg leg. Any human beyond the immature age of, say, 7 years can easily see that for all of your fanaticism and obsession and arm waving, your wild and irrational accusations are entirely void of any semblance of foundation; that it is all merely your feeble and pathetic attempt to 'elevate' yourself - and your importance - by insulting and accusing others. Truth is nowhere to be found in your manipulations, philip.

As for your little false-macho "I'd say it to your face, buddy"... allow me to say only that I would very much welcome the opportunity.

There is no-one on this message board more desperate than you, philip. You are desperate to the point not only of needing to blatantly lie and manipulate - but to frantically repeat your irrational, deranged, and false claims over and over, eagerly hoping that somewhere out there is a brain-dead individual who might actually believe your utter and absurd nonsense.

It is quite amazing that you are so perpetually obsessed with my life, philip. That my life - what you read of it on this board - disturbs you time after time to the point of becoming so irrationally upset that you lose what little psychological stability you may have once possessed, and resort to these hallucinations and wild fantasies is quite revealing. No doubt you wish I would care about your existence with even half as much interest as you care about mine.

Sorry, kid - I don't.

You redefine the term 'mentally unstable'. And you become even less stable when people don't allow you to throw the last punch - as you'll no doubt demonstrate yet again in 'response' to this post.

May you get the profound psychological assistance you so desperately need in the new year, philip.

Andres
01-01-2006, 12:51 PM
I haven't... Hannibal Lecter isn't real ;)
I hadn't had de chance to meet Scottie Pippen, but I played some balls with Magic Johnson in my home town in an exhibition back in 96 or 97 ;)

I Got some pics (I treasure them) ;)

max
01-01-2006, 01:34 PM
. . . anyway, I think meeting Ali would be fantastic, unbelievable, amazing. He's on a completely different scale from other athletes. It would've been neat to meet Pope John Paul II as well.

Phil
01-01-2006, 06:06 PM
In this thread, you have once again been exposed for the irrational, delusional, and otherwise psychologically ill loon that you are Oh Really, and who has "exposed" me on this? Certainly not you. You've never explained why you harass celebrities, freak.
Truth is nowhere to be found in your manipulations, philip. The truth is out there...do do do do do do do do...
May you get the profound psychological assistance you so desperately need in the new year, philip. I'm not the celebrity following dog. You are, and hence, you should get some health, or else a restraining order filed against you.

LostMyMojo
01-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Deuce, for someone yelling about the other guy having to have the last word...you respond after Phil anyway. Hypocritical? Normally, if you tell that to somebody, you stop posting after, because it USUALLY means you've already made your point and the other guy is just posting to say something with no content.

You redefine the term 'mentally unstable'. And you become even less stable when people don't allow you to throw the last punch - as you'll no doubt demonstrate yet again in 'response' to this post.

He could say the exact same thing.

Dan007
01-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Cal Ripken Jr. is not my hero/idol but I met him in a parking lot of this restraunt which is 2 minute drive from my house.

Deuce
01-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Deuce, for someone yelling about the other guy having to have the last word...you respond after Phil anyway. Hypocritical? Normally, if you tell that to somebody, you stop posting after, because it USUALLY means you've already made your point and the other guy is just posting to say something with no content.

He could say the exact same thing.

Who in hell are you?

Wait... hmm... you seem somewhat familiar...

By the 'clever' username (in obvious reference to NoBadMojo), you're yet another Larry Hall alias. The join date corresponds, as well.

In the very remote chance that you're not one of Larry Hall's psychotic pseudonyms... Phil needs to throw both the first punch (from behind) and the last punch, you see... he simply can't handle anyone who doesn't allow him this.
Habitually, when persons with class are involved, those who have the first word allow the other to have the final word - this way, each person is afforded an equal number of 'opportunities'. Phil, possessing no class, prefers to have both the first and last word - that way, he "wins", you see - simply by virtue of having a greater number of posts than his 'opponent'. During the 'exchange', he never offers up any type of serious or remotely intelligent argument, nor any evidence to support his wild accusations and insults - he simply spews his insults and erroneous accusations over and over, in order to disguise the fact that there is no foundation at all upon which his insults and wild accusations are based. Phil knows that if actual discussion were engaged, he would never have a leg to stand on, due to his insults and accusations being baseless - and so he resorts to empty - if repetitive - insults, simply in order to avoid actual rational - and revealing - discussion at all costs. This has been his pattern on these boards for years now - not just with me, but with most others with whom he 'communicates' here - very, very rarely will you see him involved in a rational discussion - because he knows that he is not equipped for this process - instead, he resorts to escaping rational discussion through perpetual false accusations and insults. He can't handle honesty. This is why he always throws the first punch (from behind) - because he always needs to feel that he's one punch 'ahead' - and needs to finish one punch 'ahead' by throwing the last punch. In his mind, this is how he 'wins'. This perpetual avoidance of honest, rational discussion is what renders him a coward, just like you ... um... I mean just like Larry Hall.

Keiltimall
01-02-2006, 09:39 AM

Phil
01-03-2006, 06:12 AM
D-You're a freak. Own up to it. As for this "punch throwing" imagery, I think this is another of your hang-ups, and your problem, not mine. I've always been straightforward in my posts. You can push the imaginary agendas that I have, if it makes you feel better, but my only agenda here is, You're A Tool. Maybe that's so SIMPLE that it's beyond your active, though empty brain.

jonolau
01-03-2006, 06:27 AM
I've yet to meet Hugh Hefner ... ;)

Phil
01-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Deuce, why not check out the thread here: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=80279

Cast your vote so that members here can know where we each reside.

Haven't you been BANNED from this board (posting under another user name)? We'll see how long you last with your "new" name. Why don't you take a look at the "Posting under multiple names" thread.

Lee
01-03-2006, 12:01 PM
I met my idol, Tijs Verwest (Tiesto) twice: once in San Francisco 3 years ago, and the other time was in Las Vegas two days ago.

Another idol of mine is Lleyton Hewitt, whom I would love to meet during the SAP Open in San Jose next month.

LostMyMojo
01-04-2006, 06:32 AM
Who in hell are you?

Wait... hmm... you seem somewhat familiar...

By the 'clever' username (in obvious reference to NoBadMojo), you're yet another Larry Hall alias. The join date corresponds, as well.

In the very remote chance that you're not one of Larry Hall's psychotic pseudonyms... Phil needs to throw both the first punch (from behind) and the last punch, you see... he simply can't handle anyone who doesn't allow him this.
Habitually, when persons with class are involved, those who have the first word allow the other to have the final word - this way, each person is afforded an equal number of 'opportunities'. Phil, possessing no class, prefers to have both the first and last word - that way, he "wins", you see - simply by virtue of having a greater number of posts than his 'opponent'. During the 'exchange', he never offers up any type of serious or remotely intelligent argument, nor any evidence to support his wild accusations and insults - he simply spews his insults and erroneous accusations over and over, in order to disguise the fact that there is no foundation at all upon which his insults and wild accusations are based. Phil knows that if actual discussion were engaged, he would never have a leg to stand on, due to his insults and accusations being baseless - and so he resorts to empty - if repetitive - insults, simply in order to avoid actual rational - and revealing - discussion at all costs. This has been his pattern on these boards for years now - not just with me, but with most others with whom he 'communicates' here - very, very rarely will you see him involved in a rational discussion - because he knows that he is not equipped for this process - instead, he resorts to escaping rational discussion through perpetual false accusations and insults. He can't handle honesty. This is why he always throws the first punch (from behind) - because he always needs to feel that he's one punch 'ahead' - and needs to finish one punch 'ahead' by throwing the last punch. In his mind, this is how he 'wins'. This perpetual avoidance of honest, rational discussion is what renders him a coward, just like you ... um... I mean just like Larry Hall.

Sorry, I'm not "Larry Hall". Not NoBadMojo, Bungalo Bill has already called me that though. If I was, the connection would be a little too obvious, no?

So take those accusations elsewhere?

As for your posts, I see little but insults themselves. Not intelligent debate. Insults are still insults if you make them a paragraph long.

TripleB
01-04-2006, 06:45 AM
I haven't met my hero yet but I plan to when I get to Heaven!!!

TripleB

SteveI
01-04-2006, 06:46 AM
Easy one...

Saw him all the time... Wish I could have met him when he was young :-)

My Dad..

Later,
Steve

Deuce
01-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Sorry, I'm not "Larry Hall". Not NoBadMojo, Bungalo Bill has already called me that though. If I was, the connection would be a little too obvious, no?

So take those accusations elsewhere?

As for your posts, I see little but insults themselves. Not intelligent debate. Insults are still insults if you make them a paragraph long.

See what you like, whomever you may or may not be.

If you're not Larry Hall, then I confess to not understanding your interest (to the point of commenting) in what I do or do not write in my posts.

LostMyMojo
01-04-2006, 09:25 PM
I don't see how it's wrong for me not to comment, this is a forum. You're opening yourself to feedback automatically, in case you haven't really noticed.

If someone's blatantly insulting everyone, which both you and Phil seem guilty of, but you're the only one being hypocritical about it, then that's commenting material there.

Deuce
01-04-2006, 10:40 PM
I don't see how it's wrong for me not to comment, this is a forum. You're opening yourself to feedback automatically, in case you haven't really noticed.

If someone's blatantly insulting everyone, which both you and Phil seem guilty of, but you're the only one being hypocritical about it, then that's commenting material there.
Apparently it is.

For a certain type.

One more thing, Larry - please feel free to point to examples of how I was "blatantly insulting everyone".

LostMyMojo
01-05-2006, 06:41 PM
If you were really desperate to talk alone with Phil, email? Did you forget this is a forum? In the Odds and Ends section, dominated by teenagers? ANYTHING in here is commenting material.

"Blatantly insulting everyone" means blatantly insulting everyone. Not in this thread alone, I've been here for a short time and it seems you have plenty of beef with plenty of people. So if you're so eager to argue, how can you blame Phil for insulting people?

Feel free to stick with your Larry argument if you want.

Deuce
01-05-2006, 10:02 PM
If you were really desperate to talk alone with Phil, email? Did you forget this is a forum? In the Odds and Ends section, dominated by teenagers? ANYTHING in here is commenting material.

"Blatantly insulting everyone" means blatantly insulting everyone. Not in this thread alone, I've been here for a short time and it seems you have plenty of beef with plenty of people. So if you're so eager to argue, how can you blame Phil for insulting people?

Feel free to stick with your Larry argument if you want.

As long as the contents of your posts remain like this, it does absolutely nothing to dissuade from believing you're Larry.

Quite the contrary.

Fred The Red
01-05-2006, 11:37 PM
Last year i've met my all time tennis hero: Jim Courier.
One of the best moments of my life!

LostMyMojo
01-06-2006, 09:49 AM
As long as the contents of your posts remain like this, it does absolutely nothing to dissuade from believing you're Larry.

Quite the contrary.

Seriously, if you think I'm him for the username, you apparently missed the Roddick USO commercials? They used the term everywhere. Or do you not pay attention to tennis and stick to this forum for the arguments?

But whatever, I'll be Larry for you then. From now on, just for you.

"Oh. I hate everyone. Bungalo Bill is bad. I'm going back to the racquets section. Love me please."

35ft6
01-06-2006, 01:33 PM
I've never met Spiderman, but I hope to one day.