PDA

View Full Version : Those of you who work/worked at restaurants...

Ripper
12-22-2005, 08:06 AM
...fast food or whatever, is it true that nasty things will be done to your food, if you **** someone off? I have this friend who's always complaining at restaurants of all kinds about her food. I've warned her a trillion times. Who knows what the hell they're doing to her food, when she sends it back :-|

vkartikv
12-22-2005, 08:27 AM
Have you watched the movie road trip? :p

Ripper
12-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Have you watched the movie road trip? :p

That's the one where the nerdy guy of this group sends back his french toasts and it gets the "special treatment"? LOL!

Rumjungle
12-22-2005, 09:36 AM
It happens, I've seen it. I've got many friends in the restaurant business from medium grade family restaurants to upscale steakhouses and fusion restaurants who have witnessed and/or participated in some form of retaliation against extremely a-hole customers. As for me, if I don't like the way the food was prepared, I let them know after I'm done with it and keep a mental note not to order it again or go there again. I, for one, wouldn't want to eat french toast taken out of Horatio Sans' butt-crack. LOL.

vkartikv
12-22-2005, 10:14 AM
That's the one where the nerdy guy of this group sends back his french toasts and it gets the "special treatment"? LOL!

Have you ever had that happen ripper? I have never been able to eat an omelette w/ toast at dennys or ihop since that movie.

Ripper
12-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Have you ever had that happen ripper?

I haven't been aware of this happening to me, but I've seen customers that have deserved a couple of "extra ingredients" in their food for being such *****holes.

vkartikv
12-22-2005, 10:34 AM
It happens, I've seen it. I've got many friends in the restaurant business from medium grade family restaurants to upscale steakhouses and fusion restaurants who have witnessed and/or participated in some form of retaliation against extremely a-hole customers. As for me, if I don't like the way the food was prepared, I let them know after I'm done with it and keep a mental note not to order it again or go there again. I, for one, wouldn't want to eat french toast taken out of Horatio Sans' butt-crack. LOL.

Why did you stop with horatio sans? do you not mind others' ???? JK

Barricade_steve
12-22-2005, 10:42 AM
if your raving about what happened in road trip ypu guys should check out the movie "Waiting" it's drop dead funny

Ben42
12-22-2005, 11:24 AM
I used to cook in restaurants. I worked in a couple of different cities and never saw anything like that happen. We *****ed a lot when something came back for what seemed like no reason, but I never saw anyone give an order a "special ingredient"

MegacedU
12-22-2005, 11:31 AM
if your raving about what happened in road trip ypu guys should check out the movie "Waiting" it's drop dead funny
Omg, that was the best movie ever. I laughed so hard. Andy Milonakis is hilarious.

KennyNguyen
12-22-2005, 11:35 AM
Is Andy Milonakis really 32 years old?

MegacedU
12-22-2005, 11:37 AM
29. Ten characterssss

Rumjungle
12-22-2005, 02:31 PM
Why did you stop with horatio sans? do you not mind others' ???? JK

LOL, na, it's just his that I take exception to.

atatu
12-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Yeah, "waiting" is pretty good....

Kobble
12-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Honestly, it is not what people do on purpose, it is what is done by accident or not caring that bothers me. Many of the people I see working at Taco Bell and some other places are disgusting. You know these people are the kind that eat off the same fork as their dirty baby with the snot running onto it's lip. Trust me, they slip with the hand in the restroom too often and wash their hands too little. In addition, all the colds I have come down with in the last six years have followed one day after eating at various fast food chains.
Be careful.

Baseline Basher
12-22-2005, 04:51 PM
29. Ten characterssss

Andy Milonakis is 29 years old? I thought he was like 14...

Rumjungle
12-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Andy Milonakis is 29 years old? I thought he was like 14...

http://six3.jeremypost.com/images/2005-05-12.jpg

This guy is 29?!?

The last time I went to El Pollo Loco, I went to the restroom and walked in on an employee using the urinal. As I was washing my hands, he just walks out w/o washing up. I finish and walk out only to find him putting on his apron to get back to preparing the food. He saw me as I called out "Hey!" and he just walked to the back of the kitchen, out of site. I already finished eating so I just got the hell out and never went back there again. LOL.

racingdad23
12-25-2005, 08:29 PM
Years ago as a teen I worked in a restaurant. The speciality of the house was its ground steak burgers. Customers choose their choice of steak cut from the bone and added additional ingredients on their choice of bun. The meat and other ingredients were put in a grinder, ground and hand pattied into a gourmet burger. And let me tell you these were not cheap. This was back in the late seventies and a burger there was 8.95-14.95 plus additional extras. One night our high school football coach/teacher (name withheld) came in and made his selections. I believe he had the Porter House burger and his wife had the Fillet Mignon burger. The waitress had told us that is was for Coach XXXXX and his wife. The cook carefully ground the meat, rolled them into a baseball sized ball and put each one under his raised armpits and pressed them flat while we laughed our asses off. They were cooked, served and eaten. The remaining two years in high school I could hardly ever look at this coach without a smile on my face. On more than one occasion I was asked what was so funny. Thank goodness I didnt have him in any classes or played football after the 10th grade. I would not have been able to make it a whole year looking him in the face every day.

This was the only restuarant I ever worked at in my life.

rilokiley
12-25-2005, 09:58 PM
armpits?
Just threw up a little in my mouth.

Baseline Basher
12-25-2005, 10:51 PM
That's so funny...lmao...

Rumjungle
12-26-2005, 07:03 AM
Years ago as a teen I worked in a restaurant. The speciality of the house was its ground steak burgers. Customers choose their choice of steak cut from the bone and added additional ingredients on their choice of bun. The meat and other ingredients were put in a grinder, ground and hand pattied into a gourmet burger. And let me tell you these were not cheap. This was back in the late seventies and a burger there was 8.95-14.95 plus additional extras. One night our high school football coach/teacher (name withheld) came in and made his selections. I believe he had the Porter House burger and his wife had the Fillet Mignon burger. The waitress had told us that is was for Coach XXXXX and his wife. The cook carefully ground the meat, rolled them into a baseball sized ball and put each one under his raised armpits and pressed them flat while we laughed our asses off. They were cooked, served and eaten. The remaining two years in high school I could hardly ever look at this coach without a smile on my face. On more than one occasion I was asked what was so funny. Thank goodness I didnt have him in any classes or played football after the 10th grade. I would not have been able to make it a whole year looking him in the face every day.

This was the only restuarant I ever worked at in my life.

:DLOL:D
Great story! While I wouldn't want any porterhouse 'pitt burgers, I think this is a cool concept for a restaurant.

lude popper
12-27-2005, 05:07 PM
I've been in and out of the rest business for long time. The easiest place for someone who just got out of prison to work . . . is a restaraunt. It is a well-known fact that many of the people who cook your food have been in prison.

I'm not going to tell you what I've seen -- suffice it to say that if you've been going out to eat for over ten years, you've consumed saliva and other bodily fluids in proportions that you would never believe.

Don't ever -- I repeat -- don't ever send your food back to the chef unless you absolutely have to.

true story: I was in Salt Lake city when a mexican rst got busted for defecating in the beans. There was not a high concentration of poo in any one serving, but the people who ate at this rst between 1985-1989 did absolutely consume bad things.

Waiters, cooks, bussers -- you name it. The industry attracts some bad apples. Given what I know, I only go out to very specific restaraunts. I do not take chances, and if you knew what I knew and saw what I saw, you would not take chances either. Trust me.

Rickson
12-27-2005, 05:42 PM
I used to work some catering and I skip the gloves if I'm in a hurry or if some client was a jerk. Yeah, the foul food jokes aren't all fake.

legolas
12-29-2005, 10:29 AM
thats y i hate fastfoods

goober
12-29-2005, 07:22 PM
I know people who worked in various restaurants and it is pretty nasty what goes on from all the stories they tell me. If you send your food back there is a very high chance you will get something extra added to it from various body fluids. Many kitchens are plain filthy. High end 4-5 star restaurants are not necessarily better either.

Rumjungle
12-30-2005, 09:31 AM
Nope, they're not. Sending food back is just asking for problems. I was at a very fine restaurant where this guy had an argument with the head waiter about why his rack of lamb didn't come with mint jelly. He apparently thought it was preposterous for them not to offer it...even though they never served it with mint because they specialize in a wine reduction sauce. The menu specifically states the type of sauce that it comes with. In fact, they didn't even have any mint jelly on the premises! The waiter was trying his best to be friendly and explain. Nevertheless, the guy kept at it until some mint jelly was obtained for him. Of course, his rack was cold by then so he got a new one. But for the rest of the evening, you could see the staff looking at him with hatred behind his back.

Did he get anything in his food? I can't say for sure, but even I would have given him something if I was his waiter.