PDA

View Full Version : Happy Festivus

Capt. Willie
12-22-2005, 07:56 PM
As we gather around the aluminum pole with friends and family, airing our grievances and performing feats of strength, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy Festivus!!!

Fee
12-22-2005, 08:09 PM
Takes a lot of nerve to bring up some fictional TV holiday on the first day of Saturnalia!

Capt. Willie
12-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Fictional? I beg to differ. Festivus is all too real. I will be holding my annual Festivus party tomorrow (Dec. 23). As for Saturnalia, I thought that started on the 21st?

Fee
12-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Well, here is where there is some flexibility in the Saturnalia festivities. Yesterday was the Winter Solstice, which to some is a day of celebration in itself and the 5 days of Saturnalia would begin after that day. Some choose to include the Solstice as one of the five days. I prefer to have 6 days because I am greedy. Then again, there are people (including some on this board I'm sure) who had brought their Saturnalia trees inside the house and decorated them days or even weeks ago, so they are really stretching out the holiday. Hard to argue with them, it seems to put so many people in a good mood and that's always nicer for everyone. Enjoy your Festivus gathering!

Nuke
12-23-2005, 04:00 AM
Mmmm, Festivus dinner tonight -- meatloaf! Then it's time for The Airing of Greivances, followed by the Feats of Strength. And remember, Festivus isn't over until you can pin the head of the household to the floor. That's me, so I'll do my best to make the holiday last as long as possible tonight.

PollACk
12-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Festivus ......people actually celebrate that?

andfor
12-23-2005, 06:15 PM

Are you a real Pollack or is that your name?

wings56
12-23-2005, 06:17 PM
come on...i mean...it's for the rest of us

Baseline Basher
12-23-2005, 06:45 PM
I <3 Festivus.

PollACk
12-23-2005, 08:58 PM
come on...i mean...it's for the rest of us

Well i personaly don't know anyone who actually celebrates festivous. But hey maybe there are a few people.

So...
Happy Holidays(whatever they may be).
cheers

Capt. Willie
12-23-2005, 09:53 PM
Well i personaly don't know anyone who actually celebrates festivous. But hey maybe there are a few people.

So...
Happy Holidays(whatever they may be).
cheers Yes, I really do celebrate it. But we leave out the airing of grievances as it can lead to serious trouble. Although my sister-in-law complained a lot about her friend, so maybe that counts...I don't know. The feats of strength is just done in fun, a little fake wrestling with my nephew.