PDA

View Full Version : Go see MUNICH!!!!!!!!

PM_
12-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Do you enjoy good films

that are over 2 and a half hours,
based on a true story,
that deals with a political factor,
well introduced and defined characters,
great action,
suspense,
theme,
and closure?

Then go see Munich. You will not be disappointed.

BreakPoint
12-23-2005, 10:32 PM
OK, Mr. Ebert.

Baseline Basher
12-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Nah. Actually, I'm going to go see King Kong. Where have all the good movies gone...we need more stuff like The Chronicles of Riddick and The Transporter (1).

PM_
12-23-2005, 10:50 PM
Okay don't say I didn't warn you tho.:o

randomname
12-23-2005, 11:39 PM
why not? you didnt warn him of anything. and baseline, i seriously have to question your taste if you say you wont go see munich, are going to see king kong, and are wondering what happened to movies like chronicles of riddick and the transporter.

PM_
12-24-2005, 12:05 AM
Honestly:
I couldn't be more estatic about this movie. It will blow you away!
Must be the best film I've seen this year, easily.
Eric Bana continues to impress me the more I see him. He will definitely win the Oscar for this one.
If you like movies about revenge, go see this on the big screen.
Thank me later.

raftermania
12-24-2005, 10:00 AM
I've heard good things about this movie as well, I was disappointed with Spielberg's War of the World, that ending was the worse in a movie I've ever seen.

Kevin T
12-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Baseline,

Did you just use 'The Chronicles of Riddick' and 'good movie' in the same sentence?

legolas
12-24-2005, 10:54 AM
ima see it, my fave actor eric bana is in it

Andy Hewitt
12-24-2005, 10:54 AM
I will do no such thing.

Yours!05
12-24-2005, 11:38 AM
For any Bana fans out there, he started as a much-loved stand-up comedian around the pubs in Melbourne and on TV. You might also like to rent Chopper which has Eric portraying much-loved Melbourne crim Chopper Read. Oh and Eric was at the AO last year.
Speaking of Melbourne boys, Guy Pearce's latest movie is The Proposition, definitely worth a look http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0421238/. US release March.
Written, and music by Nick Cave (who has seen more US Westerns than he knows about Australian history), but there's lots good about it - not including Guy Pearce unfortunately.

PollACk
12-24-2005, 11:45 AM
King Kong is a good movie. But the best move of all time is Boondock Saints. If you haven't seen it you r missing out.

PM_
12-24-2005, 03:00 PM
I've heard good things about this movie as well, I was disappointed with Spielberg's War of the World, that ending was the worse in a movie I've ever seen.

You cannot even compare these two films.
I was disappointed with WOTW too but Spielberg renowns himself with Munich.

Anyone with a mature mind will appreciate this movie on the BIG SCREEN.

Baseline Basher
12-24-2005, 04:15 PM
First of all, King Kong was good, but doesn't live up to the hype. Too slow, too long for too few good scenes.

Secondly, The Chronicles of Riddick is one of my favorite movies ever, so back the f-k off.

Thirdly, I just sat through 3 1/2 hours of King Kong soI'm not going to go see another movie anytime soon. Especially one with a title that's awfully close to the word 'unich'.

nononsense
12-24-2005, 04:42 PM
Hey Baseline Basher. Are you a baseliner that bashes or do you bash baseliners? Just outta curiousity ?

Baseline Basher
12-25-2005, 10:55 PM
I do bash, and I am a baseliner. I bash people who don't agree with me, (read: politicians, random people, hobbit-obsessed message board junkies, etc.) other baseliners, (cause of my l337 skills) and pretty much everyone else.

Merry Christmas!

ShooterMcMarco
12-26-2005, 12:21 PM
I saw Munich yesterday, great movie. Btw, did you know the one blonde dude that was part of Bana's hitmen squad is the new james bond?

Colpo
12-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Sorry to rain on the parade, but I saw this post and just had to drop in my two cents:

Don't waste your time or your money on 'Munich'.

If you desperately wish to see it at some point, wait until it's on cable or DVD - that's the most I'd spend on it, but even then, it's a overlong, mediocre, unsuspenseful film with no story arc whatsoever.

Without giving anything (and I do mean NOTHING) away, here's how you'll spend 2hr 45min of your life should you choose to see 'Munich':

1) The Olympic siege happens (we've all seen and heard about that);
2) Israeli commando (Bana) is tapped to head a microgroup of motley but capable Israelis in hunting down and killing those responsible for the Olympic siege;
3) Bana and his microgroup start punch-listing their list of those responsible; and,
4) Well, there is no 'and' here ... that's pretty much it ... well, OK, there's ...
5) ... a bit of a crisis of conscience thingamigig that goes on with some of the microgroup, given all the killing and all - SHE'S STILL A YAWNER, folks.

I really wanted to see and to like 'Munich', but this film had little edge or entertainment value.

Kevin T
12-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Baseline,

Tough guy, eh? Guess there's not much else to do in Idaho, other than watch 'Chronicles of Riddick? And you're bashing other people while listing your Xbox Gamer tag? If you think 'Riddick' is good, you should see 'Gigli'!!

Phil
12-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Sorry to rain on the parade, but I saw this post and just had to drop in my two cents:

Don't waste your time or your money on 'Munich'.

If you desperately wish to see it at some point, wait until it's on cable or DVD - that's the most I'd spend on it, but even then, it's a overlong, mediocre, unsuspenseful film with no story arc whatsoever.

Without giving anything (and I do mean NOTHING) away, here's how you'll spend 2hr 45min of your life should you choose to see 'Munich':

1) The Olympic siege happens (we've all seen and heard about that);
2) Israeli commando (Bana) is tapped to head a microgroup of motley but capable Israelis in hunting down and killing those responsible for the Olympic siege;
3) Bana and his microgroup start punch-listing their list of those responsible; and,
4) Well, there is no 'and' here ... that's pretty much it ... well, OK, there's ...
5) ... a bit of a crisis of conscience thingamigig that goes on with some of the microgroup, given all the killing and all - SHE'S STILL A YAWNER, folks.

I really wanted to see and to like 'Munich', but this film had little edge or entertainment value.

Though I would agree with your assessment of this film, I'm dying to know: What the hell is a "Microgroup". Is that a group that is even smaller than small? Is it anything like a TEAM, or a UNIT or a SQUAD? Get your tactical movie reviewing vocabulary down, or get OUT!

raftermania
12-26-2005, 04:20 PM
A bunch of guys with small johnsons??

ShooterMcMarco
12-26-2005, 04:20 PM
yeah, the movie was pretty long...

Baseline Basher
12-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Baseline,

Tough guy, eh? Guess there's not much else to do in Idaho, other than watch 'Chronicles of Riddick? And you're bashing other people while listing your Xbox Gamer tag? If you think 'Riddick' is good, you should see 'Gigli'!!

What the hell is your problem? I didn't say I was a "tough guy", nor does that have anything to do with my gamertag. I'm entitled to my opinion, just like you're entitled to yours.

GOOOOOGA
12-26-2005, 10:20 PM
a story like Munich should equal good success at the box office. but based on the contrasting reviews of colpo and PM, i get the feeling spielberg didnt do the tragedy any justice. perfect timing for the holiday season tho

"No longer displaying a signature because someone attempted to use my signature as a reference to a lame threat/insult. Have a nice day."

c'mon Baseline, express yourself! dont let the man bring you down!

speaking of which, here's a pretty funny (? or serious ? no, definitely just funny) website right here --- http://www.chappelletheory.com )

Kevin T
12-27-2005, 07:09 AM
Baseline,

I can't believe I made you remove your signature!! That's a first. Take it easy, man. It's just a little ribbing. I dogged 'Riddick', you dropped the F bomb and in another post bragged about bashing politicians, posters that don't agree with you, etc. You have to take what you give. Don't let a meanie like me cramp your style. You loved 'Riddick', I hated 'Riddick' and want those 2 hours of my life back. Simple. Happy New Year.

nononsense
12-27-2005, 12:45 PM
I do bash, and I am a baseliner. I bash people who don't agree with me, (read: politicians, random people, hobbit-obsessed message board junkies, etc.) other baseliners, (cause of my l337 skills) and pretty much everyone else.

Merry Christmas!Baseline,

Originally Posted by Kevin T

Originally Posted by Baseline Basher
What the hell is your problem? I didn't say I was a "tough guy", nor does that have anything to do with my gamertag. I'm entitled to my opinion, just like you're entitled to yours.

Baseline, __________________
No longer displaying a signature because someone attempted to use my signature as a reference to a lame threat/insult. Have a nice day.

Originally Posted by Kevin T
I can't believe I made you remove your signature!! That's a first. Take it easy, man. It's just a little ribbing. I dogged 'Riddick', you dropped the F bomb and in another post bragged about bashing politicians, posters that don't agree with you, etc. You have to take what you give. Don't let a meanie like me cramp your style. You loved 'Riddick', I hated 'Riddick' and want those 2 hours of my life back. Simple. Happy New Year.

Kevin, can you tell me what the original signature was? It's just a funny case that I haven't witnessed before and so I'm a bit curious. Share the laughter.

Kevin T
12-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Something about his Xbox gamer tag being 'ProStaff', I think. I really don't know why that little exchange forced a guy to remove his signature? Oh, well.

Jack the Hack
12-27-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm curious... has anybody seen "The Sword of Gideon"?

I saw it several years ago, and it seems to be the same story that Spielberg is retelling in "Munich". I know that it is based on real events, so it is possible to have multiple movies about the same subject. However, "...Gideon" was really good, and I wonder how "Munich" compares to it???

MonkeyPox
12-27-2005, 02:37 PM
I saw the documentary about all that a couple of years ago. I believe it's called Black September, it was quite good and not overlong.

Colpo
12-28-2005, 06:51 AM
The documentary you're thinking of, and the book that it was based on, are both called 'One Day in September'. They're both excellent, and the book goes into much detail about the Israeli post-Munich vengeance campaign, which is essentially the 'Munich' story.

The 'One Day ...' documentary won the Oscar for best docu, also.

ATXtennisaddict
12-28-2005, 07:46 AM
I thought it was a pretty good movie. 8/10.

Plus you get to see a naked woman too! :D

PM_
12-31-2005, 11:10 PM
I saw Munich yesterday, great movie. Btw, did you know the one blonde dude that was part of Bana's hitmen squad is the new james bond?

Yeah his name is Daniel Craig (or Craik?).

Colpo, you're an absolute moron for disliking this film.
Spielberg does his best to refrain from biasing any side (the Israilis nor the Palestines) in his interpretation of what is a great message towards the act of terrorism-that is has no end to means as revenge will continually recycle itself.

ESCUSE MY SPELLING AND DRUNKEDNESS AHAHAHAHAHA AS I'VE HAD ONE TOO MANY ALES FOR THIS NEW YEARS

To all of you that will rent this off the shelf you will kick yourself for not having watched this on the big screen. Don't shoot the messenger. I'm not even being paid to say this but MUNICH rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!