PDA

View Full Version : Is synthetic grip causing palm fatigue?

xmoustc
12-28-2005, 09:48 AM
I used to use POG and put a wilson Pro overgrip on it. I can play for 4-5 hours without any problems in my palm. I recently used wilson ncode Six-one 95, also used wilson Pro overgrip. But after 2-3 hours' of play, I felt fatigue and slight pain. Maybe it's because the grip is softer than the leather and I tried to hold it too hard? I remember I had the same problem when I used wilson hyper hammer two years ago, which also has a synthetic grip.

I am wondering if this is normal? Is it really because of the grip type? Does anyone else has similar experience?

Thank you!

Ripper
12-28-2005, 11:21 AM
I used to use POG and put a wilson Pro overgrip on it. I can play for 4-5 hours without any problems in my palm. I recently used wilson ncode Six-one 95, also used wilson Pro overgrip. But after 2-3 hours' of play, I felt fatigue and slight pain. Maybe it's because the grip is softer than the leather and I tried to hold it too hard? I remember I had the same problem when I used wilson hyper hammer two years ago, which also has a synthetic grip.

I am wondering if this is normal? Is it really because of the grip type? Does anyone else has similar experience?

Thank you!

Maybe you're just getting older... 4-5 hours, geez...

nViATi
12-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Is the grip too large or too small for you? Either one can cause pain.

goosala
12-28-2005, 02:16 PM
I have the opposite problem. Leather grips are too hard and cause shock and callouses.

xmoustc
12-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Is the grip too large or too small for you? Either one can cause pain.
You may be right. The new racquet does have a smaller grip. (4 1/4 vs 4 3/8 for POG)