PDA

View Full Version : Why can't Page and Plant tour under "Zeppelin"

Coria
12-28-2005, 08:56 PM
Why hasn't their been a "Led Zeppelin" Tour? With both of these guys still under Social Security Age (early 60's I believe), why can't they do a monumental tour, adding a great drummer and bassist and do a Zeppelin thing? The drummer is dead. Does John Paul Jones not allow them to have the Zeppelin name or something? We all know Page and Plant ARE Zeppelin.

What's the deal?

Hartzy
12-29-2005, 05:09 AM
After John Bonham died, the remaining band members vowed never to play under the Zeppelin name again because of the loss.

Surecatch
12-29-2005, 06:40 AM
Why hasn't their been a "Led Zeppelin" Tour? With both of these guys still under Social Security Age (early 60's I believe), why can't they do a monumental tour, adding a great drummer and bassist and do a Zeppelin thing? The drummer is dead. Does John Paul Jones not allow them to have the Zeppelin name or something? We all know Page and Plant ARE Zeppelin.

What's the deal?

Page and Plant are not Zeppelin...the four of them were Zeppelin. John Paul Jones wants nothing to do with them, Plant can't sing anymore, Page can't play the guitar anymore and John Bonham is dead. Zeppelin is long gone.

Hartzy
12-29-2005, 07:02 AM
Plant can still sing. I saw him 3 years ago open for The Who just after John Entwhistle died. Which leads me to my next point. Bands like The Who and Led Zeppelin kept their dignity after a member died. Even though The Who did stay around after Keith Moon died, at the concert I saw they said they were just 2 guys pretending to be The Who and thus they aren't playing anymore.

Tchocky
12-29-2005, 12:27 PM
It's nice to nice to see some guys not trying to cash in on their old glory, i.e. Queen, Paul McCartney, especially The Who.

Coria
12-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Page and Plant are not Zeppelin...the four of them were Zeppelin. John Paul Jones wants nothing to do with them, Plant can't sing anymore, Page can't play the guitar anymore and John Bonham is dead. Zeppelin is long gone.

Don't agree. Page and Plant wrote all the music. Page put the songs together--the guitar riffs, etc. Plant was one of the all -time great rock singers. Yes, they were Zeppelin--okay, how about 97% of Zeppelin?

And Plant can still sing and Page can still play guitar. Your words are such nonsense. Maybe they're not as good, but did you see the recent Cream Reunion concer? Certainly Page and Plant can still play at that level.

Hartzy
12-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Coria you must also remember that the main reason there will be no reunion is because Led Zeppelin meant something more than just people playing their music. There won't be a reunion is because Page and Plant want to keep the past dignified. Would you want to go see a show with performers who aren't passionate about what they're doing? I wouldn't want to watch a perfomer in concert if the whole time he felt that he was disgracing his past.

Tenny
12-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Coria you must also remember that the main reason there will be no reunion is because Led Zeppelin meant something more than just people playing their music. There won't be a reunion is because Page and Plant want to keep the past dignified. Would you want to go see a show with performers who aren't passionate about what they're doing? I wouldn't want to watch a perfomer in concert if the whole time he felt that he was disgracing his past.

For the Live Aid (1985), I believe they played on stage with Phil Collins at Drums. However, they refused to use their footage for the Live Aid DVD set cause they didn't like their performance that day. BTW, Collins used be a talented drummer (Try early Genesis).

sdslyout
12-30-2005, 09:27 AM
Don't think for one minute page and plante are sitting on thier butts doing zero.
They still have thier fingers in the pie, always playing in thier home studios, recording, searching for new talent, new gadgets keep poping up to keep any musican busy. The computer itself has opened a vast window of tonal sounds old and new. Zeppelin is no more and what we have is enough, enjoy it because the world will never see the likes of the 'hard' rock group led zeppelin again. Led zeppelin may be gone,never forgotten.

Yes that Cream reunion was really cool. not just the music but for the members to get past thier differances enough to get together then take the show back to where it all started. i forget the name of the 'hall'